• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Someone Similar

Guest terra

Guest terra

Its good finding this website and makes me feel accepted but its sometimes not quite enough (sorry for sounding ungrateful). Its just sometimes i feel like i need a friend, you know someone specifically to talk to, probably not about anything of great substance but to just be a friend. Its odd feeling lonely with so many people around but i'm sure i've heard it said somewhere that you feel the lonliest in a crowd. Can anyone offer advice for beating these kind of blues?

I think androgyne just sucks in general maybe, not knowing where the h*ll you head is, having a miniature breakdown evrry few days first thing in the morning because clothing is such a complicated task when you're catering for two genders on one body. I wish my brain would stop trying to talk to me sometimes and leave me in peace.

Am i alone in wanting a friend, or does it happen like all the time?

So in summary... What was i talkng about???

Terra x :)

Guest i is Sam :-)

Well if your requirments in a friend include them being androgyne then I can't help you, but otherwise I always like new friends, even scottish ones :)

Guest terra

A friend is a friend no matter what they are and i'd be happy to have you as one! :) no worries. I'm guessing you're english then? I cant see the flags on peoples profiles on this browser. XD x

Guest Micha

I think androgyne just sucks in general maybe, not knowing where the h*ll you head is, having a miniature breakdown evrry few days first thing in the morning because clothing is such a complicated task when you're catering for two genders on one body. I wish my brain would stop trying to talk to me sometimes and leave me in peace.

Androgyny has been frustrating for me too, but I wonder if I was over thinking things, making mountains out of molehills. Perhaps you are too? It can be confusing, especially if you're trapped into the box of stereotypes and accepted appearances and behaviors. It's also hard to open that box, to stop caring about what everyone else thinks you should do or wear. Then, if you manage to get away from that train of thought, you have to discover for yourself (often times by yourself) what it is you truly want; not what you wanted in order to appease external standards, but what it is that makes you honestly happy.

So for clothes and behavior, I'd advise to stop thinking in terms of feminine or masculine, and just do and wear what appeals to you (tha's theory, I'm still working on the practice too ;) ). Androgyny is supposed to be adaptable, but first you have to realize that there really isn't a box. Masculine and feminine don't exist for us, there's just an infinite amount of opportunity in how we think, the things we do and what we wear. After that, you can pick and choose from everything out there, and take what you like.

As for friends and being lonely, well. . .outside of online, I really don't have many friends. So yeah, I know loneliness, especially talkin about androgynes (why are there so few active?), but whatever. . .guess I'm used to it. ^_^