• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

In Need Of Some Advice. Help?

Guest oogie292

Guest oogie292

Hello, I am new here, my name is Madison. I have yet to start transitioning but I have been thinking about it more and more. I am only eighteen but I would like to start transitioning. However, I would like to do it slowly and not exactly live as a woman every day until I get the electrolysis done and have been on hormones for some time. So, does anyone know of how I can get hormones? An endocrinologist? And thanks!

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, oogie....

Welcome to the Playground, Hon...

I'm Donna Jean.

Come on in and have a seat..I'll get you some of Sally's cookies and a hot cup of coco.

Then you can kick off your shoes and relax....OK?

Now, I'd like to ask you to be sure to have a look at the forum rules...there's a link at the top of most pages that says "Terms & Conditions"...

And, we moderate this site to keep it safe for everyone..

And your plan to transition slowly is the exact way that it shou;ld be done!

First off, have you seen a gender therapist yet? You'll need a letter from them to be able to get an Endo and start hormones..

But, you're at the perfect age to get started...the younger the better...

It's nice to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Welcome Madison,

I moved your topic to the introduction forum since you are new and others can welcome you.

Please read the terms and conditions if you have not done so already.

Come sit with me in the member lounge and i will get us some of Sally's cookies and coco and wait for others to come by and say hi.

To answer your questions, to transition the correct way you need to first start with a gender trained therapist, there is a list here at laura's, generally after 3 months therapy during which they will confirm if you are transsexual or not and help you figure out just how far you need to go on this journey, we usually go as far as we are comfortable going, some like me are going all the way and have srs, others will stay nonop or somewhere in the middle.

After around 3 months if you decide to fully transition you will get a letter for hormones and maybe a referral to a dr. or endo, or you may have to find a trans friendly doctor on your own.

I am 58 and started my transition 2 years ago, i have gone through all these steps, am over a year full time and have my 2 letters for surgery and have scheduled srs for next year.

After you reach 5 posts you can then use the pm system.

Paula

Guest Alex Blitzen

The PM system is the private messaging system, once you have 5 posts you will be able to use it to send individual messages to someone that has an icon for it under there name or on their profile.

Guest NatashaJade

Hi Madison!

Welcome to Laura's!!!

As the others have said, find a good GT (you may even want to ask your current therapist to help you find one). Figure out if this is really the path you should be on and, if so, walk cautiously.

luv

Gin

Guest oogie292

The therapist I have has had some clients that were transgendered. Is it 100% necessary that I get a new one? I am somewhat hessitant because my therapist is right down the street from me and I do like her.

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Madison,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Donna Jean

The therapist I have has had some clients that were transgendered. Is it 100% necessary that I get a new one? I am somewhat hessitant because my therapist is right down the street from me and I do like her.

No....no...no, Honey.....

It doesn't HAVE to be a gender therapist, but, you need to find out if your therapist would be willing to write your HRT letter when she is ready to.

Have you come out to her yet?

See, if she won't be willing to write your letter in time, it's a waste going to her for gender problems...If you are going to her for other reasons, there's no reason not to see her...

But, you have to have a therapist that will write your letter...

G'luck!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Hi Madison,

Welcome to Laura's!

Have you talked to your therapist about your plans to transition? She should be able to answer you as to if she can help you transition herself, or if she would want to bring someone else in on your therapy.

I live in a somewhat rural area, and my therapist is not a gender therapist by the strict definition, but she is familiar with Gender Issues, and has a close childhood friend from girl scouts who now a full time male.

But you need to ask your therapist about recommending Hormone Replacement Therapy. Therapists are there to help guide you, not make decisions for you. Hope I am not being too harsh in my reply.

There is a lot of very useful information on the site, plus many at different stages of transition.

Hope you will post more as you are comfortable in doing so.

Hugs!

Opal

Guest Darius

Welcome Madison!

I wish I had a GT near me but have decided to see one online. I can't wait until I have the money to start therapy. I have lots of confusion going on and hope that the therapist can help me through it along with the support of my new HUGE family here at laura's.

Darius

Guest SouthernBelle

Hello, I am new here, my name is Madison. I have yet to start transitioning but I have been thinking about it more and more. I am only eighteen but I would like to start transitioning. However, I would like to do it slowly and not exactly live as a woman every day until I get the electrolysis done and have been on hormones for some time. So, does anyone know of how I can get hormones? An endocrinologist? And thanks!

Hey girl!

I say transition slow if you want. That's what lots of us do and that's really the best way to do it (although I struggle with that). I understand wanting to wait until you have no facial hair and your body starts to change. That's what I was going to do. Do it however you like, honey. Just enjoy every moment (as best you can).

I'd like to reply to your questions, but I think some of them may have already been answered. I'm going to check to see what has not and post another reply.

Oh! I almost forgot!! Welcome to the Playground!!! You have just joined a wonderful, magical, safe haven. Make it your home. You'll love it here!

HUGGS AND KISSES

Belle

Guest SouthernBelle

So where exactly can I find a gender therapist? I live in Massachusetts by the way.

I'm not sure, because I live in Texas. I would try doing a deep search on google for a website that is geared toward the trans community in your area. Or a lgbt place would work probably. You could google for a lgbt place in your area...

No, it isn't (although GTs are better). But you might want to ask if she is familiar with the standards of care and you might want to ask her if she would write the letters you'll be needing.

HUGGS AND KISSES

Belle.

Guest SouthernBelle

You might be able to find an electrologist and endocrinologist on the Laura's main site. They have some links somewhere that led me to my electrologist.

HUGGS

Belle

• Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Laura's Madison.

You'll find lots of people here who will care about you, support you and listen when you need to vent, or rant or celebrate.

i look forward to hearing more from you.

Hugs

JJ

Guest Aimee

Hi Madison, I'm new as well. Welcome!!

Everyone here is very nice and supportive. The best thing of all is that you're very safe as well.

Hugs!!

Aimee