• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Adventures In Puberty 2.0

Guest Mauve_Aurora

Guest ~Casey~

Have you ever had one of those moments where your body is developing, changing, and shifting in new and exciting ways?

Has this then lead to absolutely hilarious moments when you realize that these changes have taken place, but you may not have noticed before?

Well I can tell you, I have certainly had a few times where I just had to pause and take a minute to just laugh at myself.

Share your lighthearted moments during your journey through the glorious adventure that is "Puberty 2.0"©!

To kick things off, I'll share a story from tonight. I was laying on my sofa, feet propped up in the air, and just generally being comfortable. I reached over and grabbed my textbook off the coffee table to do a bit of light studying. Like I normally do, I opened it up to the appropriate chapter, and set the edge of the book down on my tummy. As I gazed down and began reading the first page, I quickly realized there was a ghastly problem! No longer could I read the last few sentences on the page! Had I gone blind?! Well, no, but I did make a realization that I am going to have to find a new favorite reading position. My new budding breasts are starting to come between me and my reading!!

It was a really simple moment, but I giggled for a good 10 minutes while playfully scolding my new bosom, "Down in front! You're blocking the view!" laugh.gifblush.giflaugh.gif

• Admin

Good topic, Casey.

My "moment of Zen"1 came the first time I wore nail polish on my toes. I had meant to take the polish off early in the evening, but just forgot.

At bedtime, my wife and I always go over to my son's room to say goodnight. So I get undressed, and in horror realize that my toes are still painted, and now I had less than 5 minutes before bedtime! :o

So into the bathroom I go with my nail polish remover, and do the job as fast as humanly possible. Only it, um, wasn't a perfect job. There was still polish visible at the margins of my toenails. But no time for a do-over. My wife and I go to see my son, and as we say our good nights and do our hugs, I'm struggling not to look at my own toes, in fear that my son's gaze will follow. I manage not to peak, and he doesn't notice a thing.

Whew!!! Saved for another day. :D

Carolyn Marie

1. Apologies to Jon Stewart

Guest Pól

I had a moment kind of like that a few weeks ago. I was scratching my throat and absently thought, "hmm, there are long hairs here." And then I was there, "Wait, that's facial hair!" So then I went and looked at it in a mirror for awhile :rolleyes: Now I just shave it off, but it's cool knowing that it's there and that if I didn't shave it for awhile, it'd grow back.

Guest Valerie

Very nice topic Casey;

A couple of weeks ago, while I was driving to work I went to change lanes due to lane merging and cars not merging. Now, I drive with my left hand on top of the steering wheel, I know I need to change that. So, as I was changing lanes I rolled my left arm over my breast, boy o boy the girl did not like that at all. I squeezed her reel tight as my arm rolled right over her.

/Hugs

Valerie Anne

Guest Donna Jean

LOL.....

Yeah, for MTF, breasts seem to be the topic of choice!

Me, too....

While talking to a co-worker my breast started that crazy itch that happens in new development..

Not thinking, I reached and gave one good scratch...

My eyes rolled up into my head and a couple of tears streamed down my face...

"You ok?"

Uh, yeah....

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Mine would have to be my kids continually hit me square in the chest and I have to cringe in pain. That first time was so wonderful but painful at the same time.

Guest i is Sam :-)

Mine I guess would be, the first time that I was like trying to adjust my straps and stretch out my back, and my friend asks "Are you ok?" and I respond, "Yeah, this bra is just killing me." and then immediately I was like ooooh, this is what you've all been complaining about.

Guest Valerie

A week ago, while I was at work, this happened and again the very next day, but the other breast. Now, a little back ground.

I was walking down the passageway onboard a submarine at the shipyard here in Pearl Harbor Hawaii. Now this passageway is alittle more then 33 inches across, with all sorts of items hanging on the walls. Stuff like damage control equiptment, weapons shipping gear, an atmosphere analyzer and various other electronic equipment.

I have been stationed on this class of submarine for three years before I retired from the navy. All submarines have simular passageways, so I knew what was there however, I did not have breast sticking out like curb feelers then.

As I was walking down this narrow passageway, coming up on the corner that cuts to the left for the wardroom passage and the dog legs to the right into two different berthing areas then goes striaght and also on the right is the stairwell down to lower level. I was walking from forward to aft. As I came to this junction several sailors were coming from the other direction and in a hurry, so I turned to the right and was going to walk sideways past them. That is when my right breast smacked right into the nozzle on a fire hose that is stored there. I almost cried right there.

Bruise number one.

The next day I was walking up the same passageway, but coming from aft and walking forward almost the same thing happened. This time as I was walking fast and turned to the left, my left breast found the very same fire hose nozzle.

Bruise number two.

Now I had nice black and blue bruises on both breast.

Hope this makes somebody laugh, because a couple of days later I could not help but laugh everytime I thought about this.

/HUGS

Valerie Anne.

Guest KimberlyF

Okies this is kind of freaky to me but a little on how powerful the mind can be at times. it's hot here because it's summer. So I was sitting on the couch and I took my shirt off. Then I got up to close the blinds because the sun was in the front window and making the room hotter. I noticed as I was doing this I only had the one arm avail because the other was holding my shirt to cover the girls. I don't have any girls yet! Two months ago if you had told me I was going to start HRT this year I would have called you nuts, but now I'm pretty much accepting that fact and at times now I can feel them through my shirt sometimes when I'm walking.

I took hormones years ago and the area is a little puffy and my nipples have always been sensitive since then but it's like now I'll feel the whole outline. I swear I'm going insane.

Kar

Guest NatashaJade

I'm so glad I got a Kindle or reading in bed would be all kinds of difficult! As it is, sleeping position has been my biggest "Adventure". I used to sleep on my side/stomach...kind of a weird twisty position that worked for me for years. With my new additions (and trust me, when they get all B cup on you, they are hard to ignore!), I've had to make major alterations to the manner of sleeping. What I've actually found works great is using my large pillow kind of like a body pillow. That way I have some extra protection and can still be sort of twisty.

I've also had some interesting new adventures with my hips lately. I now find when I put on or take off my pants or skirt or what have you, I have to pull the waist over my hips. I'm really happy I bought a new vest for work...some things are getting harder to hide.

luv

Gin

Guest Joanna Phipps

Okies this is kind of freaky to me but a little on how powerful the mind can be at times. it's hot here because it's summer. So I was sitting on the couch and I took my shirt off. Then I got up to close the blinds because the sun was in the front window and making the room hotter. I noticed as I was doing this I only had the one arm avail because the other was holding my shirt to cover the girls. I don't have any girls yet! Two months ago if you had told me I was going to start HRT this year I would have called you nuts, but now I'm pretty much accepting that fact and at times now I can feel them through my shirt sometimes when I'm walking.

I took hormones years ago and the area is a little puffy and my nipples have always been sensitive since then but it's like now I'll feel the whole outline. I swear I'm going insane.

Kar

Lol in a similar vein, yesterday I had need to come into the livingroom of the appartment my wife and I rent. I had been in the bedroom and was dressed solely in my pantie, got half way down the hall and realized that this was not a smart idea for someone who lives in a basement unit. We both had a good giggle bout it as I came back to the bedroom and slipped on one of my night shirts. Soudnds like Im new to this, but Ive been on HRT for nearly a year now....

OMG Jo how can you be so silly

Guest KirstenR

Kar

That is so amazing, it must me so amazing of a revelation to realize and feel the changes

Guest Heather taru

About three months into my HRT, my breasts were starting to show a little and were horribly sensitive (still are actually). I was at work, and I was arguing with a coworker. I'm not out, and cannot in my job - so I have to keep up the macho act. Anyway, as this argument began to calm, and it was realized that I had "won" the argument, my macho coworker playfully punched me. Hard. Directly on my right nipple.

It was everything I could do not to curl up and cry. I Cursed loudly at him, and walked out ofthe room. Once alone, I realized that I was crying slightly and reeling from the pain. I started laughing and crying - odd painful moment that made me angry, but a strange moment. I was laughing because I was crying that I a been "punched in the boob" lol

I've since had many more moments similar to this, but that was the first and one of the funniest

Guest KirstenR

About three months into my HRT, my breasts were starting to show a little and were horribly sensitive (still are actually). I was at work, and I was arguing with a coworker. I'm not out, and cannot in my job - so I have to keep up the macho act. Anyway, as this argument began to calm, and it was realized that I had "won" the argument, my macho coworker playfully punched me. Hard. Directly on my right nipple.

It was everything I could do not to curl up and cry. I Cursed loudly at him, and walked out ofthe room. Once alone, I realized that I was crying slightly and reeling from the pain. I started laughing and crying - odd painful moment that made me angry, but a strange moment. I was laughing because I was crying that I a been "punched in the boob" lol

I've since had many more moments similar to this, but that was the first and one of the funniest

Ouch!!!

• 2 months later...

Its amazing how much we learn so fast.

I've learned the joy of a padded bra to prevent stuff like this. It really helps, a LOT!!!

Its funny how everyone only mentions pain, when there are other sensations you can get from there as well.

Has anyone ever noticed your nipples perking up, like from the cold, or the rubbing sensation of clothing against the newly sensitive skin in that area?

Guest Donna Jean

Its amazing how much we learn so fast.

I've learned the joy of a padded bra to prevent stuff like this. It really helps, a LOT!!!

Oh, absolutely, Hon....I don't wear one during the week, but on weekends I wear a padded one and I feel protected and nice and comfortable...I know that I had to wear a camosol early on to protect the girls from rubbing shirts...still happens with denim tops/shirts..

Its funny how everyone only mentions pain, when there are other sensations you can get from there as well.

Oh, yeah....I know....lol

Has anyone ever noticed your nipples perking up, like from the cold, or the rubbing sensation of clothing against the newly sensitive skin in that area?

Oh, yeah....I know!

Huggs

Donna Jean

• Admin

Um, yeah, besides the occasional bump, there is the itchiness, and the soreness from the seat belt, and all that.

But...there is also some rather erotic sensations too, which are, how should I say this, very pleasant? :blush::D

Yeah, I like this A LOT! :D

Carolyn Marie

Guest Kayliegh

My biggest problem is trying to get comfortable when I go to bed. If I lie on my back, I am fine - but as soon as I roll over on my side - OUCH!

I have been using an extra pillow to "cuddle" when I go to bed so I do not have that "problem."

KK