• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Book

Guest CattalieChan

Guest CattalieChan

Here is the first chapter of my book about a t girl who doesn't end up making it. I woud like feedback on the style if at all possible.

Amber

Guest Twist

If you're asking about style, yes, you have it ;) Your style is very strong and compelling, I like it a lot. There are various grammatical and punctuation errors, which might not seem so important at this point, but they can really impede how a piece is read. An awesome sentence can be ruined by a poorly placed comma. Which is just my inner editing nerd speaking, to basically remind you that if you're going to create this book, you will need a lot of editing and re-editing and content editing and all. Which, by the way, I really hope you do. You have a great voice and a strong introduction. Keep writing and keep us updated!

Guest sarah from sweden

Well Finally find it ;)

And i have to say GREAT stuff hon. You DEFENETLY have talent to keep writing dear :D BRAVO!!!!!!!

And hon i do mean this as i NEVER kiss ...... Fore anyone and im, ALWAYS straight up and honest B)

Guest Sotha

I've been following this story since you first made the thread (long time, huh), and I am loving it. You have composed it very well. There's just a bit of cleaning to do, and then it shall be perfect! Mwahahahah! ... Needless to say, I'll keep reading it.

<3 Kate

Guest CattalieChan

Well I'm glad that my story was enjoyable. Personally I feel like I am just dragging it out so much, but that's because I already know what I want to happen. Editing will probabibly take place after the story is finished, but you all are welcome to edit for me. Thank you all for the support, and I'll keep writing.

Amber

Guest sarah from sweden

Well I'm glad that my story was enjoyable. Personally I feel like I am just dragging it out so much, but that's because I already know what I want to happen. Editing will probabibly take place after the story is finished, but you all are welcome to edit for me. Thank you all for the support, and I'll keep writing.

Amber

Well hon i think that you manage to capture the true essence of a true TS and how sed person feels about this so far

As fore dragging it out ? From what i understand about this its VERY important to be able to describe a seen in as much detail as possible without getting overboard of course so that the characters can better come to life sweetie (learnt this from my RP in another sight were we ONLY use words and pics ;) )

As fore the cleaning up ? Well what we ALL have to remember is hat we Rome wasn't built on a day ether and a true writer CONSTANTLY evolves in hees /hers writing So JUST keep on writing dear and you will get better and better on this as the time goes darling B)

Guest sarah from sweden

As expected MARVELOUS darling (clapping my hands )

Like i sed before you DEFENETLY have the grounds fore become a GREAT writer Amber (and as far as i know thats also a FEMALE contribution ;) ) So DO continue to write as long as you feel YOU get something out of it dear and continue to perfect you're own writing stile dear

And as i sed before from my point of view you have DEFENETLY manage`t to grasp the true essence of a young Ts dear :D

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed reading your work so far. It would have been great to have had a friend to talk to at school, but I doubt whether any of the girls I hung out with would have been sympathetic. Keep writing, I'm looking forward to chapter 4.

The third chapter was wonderful, but it did get a bit confusing in parts.

Switching between first and third person like that could be a bad thing. And you did it well in Chapter 3, but be careful. You should, however, be consistent in how you indicate internal dialog. I, personally, like when thought is italicised, rather than put in quotation marks, but it's up to you.

At least I hope I understood the intended purposes of everything. Otherwise, it's too confusing! :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 272 Guests (See full list)

• KatieSC
    • MaryEllen
    • Timi
    • rachel w
    • TSdolbo
    • ClaireBloom
    • Carolyn Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Layla Marie hay
    Newest Member
    Layla Marie hay

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • KatieSC
      I wish I could cope as well as others. I feel very defeated in that all of the consideration, and then treatment to transition, could all be wiped out by this time next year with the united effort by the R party to eradicate all that is transgender. I fear that the national election could turn out to our detriment, and we will face a national push to eradicate us. Tracking us down will not be that hard to do. Once they know who we are, forcing the legislation to reverse our name changes, gender marker changes, and other records, will not be that hard. We saw an example when the AG in Texas was data mining the driver licenses for those who had gender marker changes. Who will we appeal to? The Supreme R Court? We would have an easier time trying to convince a Russian court.    We need to get out and vote in November. There is not enough Ben & Jerry's to improve my outlook on all of this. In some ways it is a cruel thing in a way. In the early 1930s, Germany was working hard to hunt down the LGBTQ population and eradicate it. Now Germany has better protections there than we have in many of our own states. About 90 years ago, Germany was seeing the rise of their very own dictator...Now the US is on the verge...Oh never mind. What a difference 90 years makes...    History may repeat itself, but sometimes it shifts the focus a little...
    • Nonexistent
      I have the same problem as you, my face is the main reason why I get misgendered I'm pretty sure. I think it's mostly up to genetics how your face will look (T can help, but still genetics will determine how you end up). You can't change your facial structure really, you can get facial masculinization surgery but it's expensive so not an option for most unless you're rich lol.    Experimentally (I haven't done it but want to), you could see if any plastic surgeons around you will give you Kybella in your cheeks. It is an injection that removes fat, and is usually used underneath the chin/on the neck below the jawline, but some may use it off-label on the face. The only potential problem with this is that if your face would naturally thin out at an older age, it could thin out extra and make you look older (though I'm not certain on this). Another option is to get filler in your jaw/chin, which would make your jawline look more square and your face more masculine. I want jaw filler but I'm poor lol, it only lasts one year up to a few years depending on what kind you get, so it would have to be done every so often and can get expensive. I did get chin filler once, only 2 small vials so it didn't make that big of a difference. I would recommend going for the jaw if you can only choose 1, I wish I had done that.   Those are the only options I know of that will bring legitimate noticeable changes.
    • April Marie
      Welcome to the forums, Blake!! We are happy that you found us!!
    • Mmindy
      Good evening Blake.   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forums.   Best wishes, stay positive and motivated.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Nonexistent
      Thank you.    Trans men and trans women each have their own struggles for sure, but I agree, it can be a hard time to be a non-passing trans guy. There is no specific "man clothes" that only men wear. People could just think I'm butch (which sucks to think about, if people think I'm a lesbian when I'm a dude!!). I mean I would feel better if I got gendered correctly even if I don't fully pass, it would maybe raise my confidence to think maybe I do pass well lol! Instead I'm just reminded I don't.   Though I may just focus on the times I don't pass and ignore the times that I do. Because I rarely remember getting gendered correctly, but I hone in on the times that I don't. 
    • Nonexistent
      Thank you, I'm glad to be here. :)   I have been in therapy for 9 years but still can't seem to accept myself. I think it has to do with growing up trans in a world that hates us, especially in the south. I mean I was discriminated against by adults and ostracized as a kid/teen due to being trans. My family is accepting, but the rest of the world is not. I realize now a lot of people are accepting (even unexpectedly, like my partner's conservative republican Trump-loving parents lol), but it feels like my brain is still in survival mode every time I exit the door. I am a very fearful person.   My body still may change over time, but it feels like I haven't met the same 'quota' (don't know the right word) that a majority of other trans guys have on far less time on T. Most trans guys pass easily 1-3yrs on T, I'm double that and still don't pass well except my voice.
    • Nonexistent
      Thank you. I am just used to seeing trans guys who pass at like... 6 months to 1 year, at the most 3 years. And I just don't meet the mark, all the way at 6 years. It is possible with time I will masculinize more, but it's frustrating when I'm "behind" and may never catch up. It threatens my mental health mostly, possibly my physical health if I'm visibly trans (though I don't ever go out alone). 
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Boss is happy with everything with me and said I will be the only one that works on one customer's truck.This customer saw me clean a small grease spot in the inter of his Kenworh last week,on the steering wheel.A new customer too,saw me walk out with my tub o' towels wiping that grease stain off.This one,he cannot stand a grease spot in the interior.
    • Nonexistent
      Yeah, I am grieving the man I "should" have been. He will never exist, especially not in my youth. But I don't know how to healthily go about it instead of fixating on the life that could have been.
    • EasyE
    • VickySGV
      Going to the conventions has been one of my ways to deal with this stuff. 
    • Nonexistent
      Sorry it took me a while to respond!    I would like to get to know you. :) I only have mental disabilities. Schizoaffective disorder, depression, and anxiety. The last two are severe and very treatment-resistant. I did have physical problems for some time, but it was caused by an antipsychotic medication (Invega). It basically crippled me, muscle weakness/fatigue, basically could barely walk (used mobility devices) and doctors were useless since they didn't suspect the medication I was on! I've finally ditched antipsychotics (hopefully for good, unless my symptoms come back). I usually don't share like this, especially in person, but hey, I'm anonymous. :)   I'm not expecting reciprocation at all btw, these things are personal. There is more to us than disabilities, so tell me about yourself if you still wanna talk!
    • EasyE
      thanks for the insight ... good to know things are being well thought-out ... it is no easy topic for sure, as many of us on here have been wrestling with this stuff for years and decades...
    • Ashley0616
      @KymmieLWOW! He is absolutely horrible! Definitely one of the worst boss's. 
    • KymmieL
      Well the boss is at it again. They misplaced a work order thinking I was the last one who had it, yesterday morning. I know where it is. Last thing I did with it was put it back on the counter. He accused me a couple times of having it last and put it somewhere. Come to find out, the other boss (his wife) had taken it. she put the work order paper in the recycle box.   Has he apologized about the accusations. He!! no. I am waiting for hadies to get frost bit.   So that was my morning.  But it is finally warming up here. currently 63 and windy.   Hugs, Kymmie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.