• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Wig

Guest Opal

I received my new wig a couple of days ago, but did not have a chance to try her on until last night. I am really pleased with her, and I believe now I can finally dress up to go to my next meeting with my Therapist on Monday. I do not have much in the way of clothes to choose from yet as I still plan on taking off more weight, and the clothes give me added incentive to diet more.

This will be the first time for me to actually go out in public, well, across a somewhat quiet suburban street to my Therapist's office, but it is a start. I am scared, afraid I may not be ready yet, but there probably will never be a perfect time.

Huggs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

I'd love to see you in it if you feel like posting pics.

Enjoy your first trip into the world as yourself!

Love

JJ

Guest sarah f

Opal you are ready just keep telling yourself that. I am happy fou you that you are about to take a major step into transitioning. Good Luck

Opal,

A wig can really give you confidence and thus helping you get out the door. It does become easier. I just purchased a wig last weekend and went out shopping all day and am going shopping on Saturday morning dressed up. Learning to apply makeup makes a difference. I could not have looked like Mary Travers (Peter, Paul, & Mary) in my avatar last week.

A wig is a very important step and I hope it gives you the needed confidence to take the next step and leaving your residence as the woman you are.

Love Jenny

I'd love to see you in it if you feel like posting pics.Enjoy your first trip into the world as yourself!LoveJJ

Opal....Honey, is there ever a "good' time?Geronimo!Need pics, too!Donna Jean

OK, well as the old saying goes: Be Careful of What You Ask for; You Might Get it! :o

Photos have been uploaded to My Gallery ----- They are set for Friend level viewing. A somewhat sneaky way to get more friends. Please befriend me!

Oh, and my camera did actually break-- Had problems trying to get my camera to power up for the download to my laptop. Eventually I figured that a gear must have striped in the focus mechanism, so I pushed it down so I could get one last set of photos out it before replacing it. Its had eight years of rough service.

Huggs!

Opal

Guest ricka

Hi Opal!! You'll find a good wig is a girl's best friend! I love having instant perfect hair. I wear mine full time at home except when I shower and go to sleep, and more and more now when I go out. After a while you will find wearing a wig feels more natural (and looks more natural) than going without! And girl it does your

self confidence a big boost!!

Hugs, Ricka

Guest Donna Jean

Opal, Honey!

I just saw this! I was hoping for pics and I wasn't disappointed!

Nice...I REALLY like the one with that white sweater! The wig looks awesome...

Uh....oh....what are those two things under your top?

LOL

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Uh....oh....what are those two things under your top?

Donna Jean

A Bra (singular) and a pair of simulated mammary glands....... :)

(From our new sponsor)

• Forum Moderator

Opal! You look gorgeous! There is something about your face and that wig that just go together.

I was hoping I'd like your face but I am so happy to tell you I love it-you look great and now I have a face to go with your posts. I dreamed about talking to my friends on Laura's one night-you were a big beautiful Opal necklace. I'm really glad that if it happens again I'll be talking to an attractive woman instead!

Big Huggs

JJ

Opal! You look gorgeous! There is something about your face and that wig that just go together.

I was hoping I'd like your face but I am so happy to tell you I love it-you look great and now I have a face to go with your posts. I dreamed about talking to my friends on Laura's one night-you were a big beautiful Opal necklace. I'm really glad that if it happens again I'll be talking to an attractive woman instead!

Big Huggs

JJ

*Blush* Ooh! You Charmer, you!

Guest Donna Jean

A Bra (singular) and a pair of simulated mammary glands....... :)

(From our new sponsor)

LOL......

Well, I'm glad that you patronize our sponsor(s)....

And, you do look great!

LOVE IT!

Donna Jean

Just thought I would give you a bit of an update. Well, after three days of on and off prepping, I started getting ready three hours before departure, and still ran low on time. At least my mind was staying focused on getting ready, and not worrying so much.

Was not real happy with the minimal amount of makeup I used, the mascara was clumping a bit, did not like the eyeliner lines I was drawing (probably because of my hand shaking a bit) and my concealer was not transitioning out quite right.

I get out the door and into the car, look at my hair, and notice one of my earrings is missing. Well, if I am going to get to my therapist on time, better just take the other earring off :(

The trip down there went well. Even had a couple of pedestrians cross in front of me at an intersection without suddenly freaking out or anything. I get to the town my therapist is in and stop at an intersection on a one-way street with a town police car just to my left looking right at me. I make the turn, no problem.

Arrive at my Therapist's office. Brush my hair, touch up my lipstick, put on my dark glasses, get my shoulder bag and slide out of the seat of my car. Then walk over to her office outside door, and the door is locked and the light turned off. Well, this has happened before, so I sit down on the steps and wait. A few minutes later she shows up, sees me and then a big smile.

Our session went really well! She is writing up a carry letter, plus she said she would approve HRT, Yes, approve HRT !!!!!

The drive home also went well even though I did have a Highway Patrol car behind me for awhile. It was a bit sad to get home and get back into male 'drag', but wow!

Thank you all really big time for giving me the support and encouragement to finally go out in Public (at least a little bit in Public). It went really, really well! :D

Oh, and I did find my other earring when I returned home.

Big Huggs!!!

Opal

Guest miss kindheart

Dear Opal,

<<< hug >>>

It is good to see you take a great step forward.

It will be easier now the next time you do it :D

Now your therapist will see you in a different light too.

As for makeup, practice makes perfect :)

If your mascara is clumpy you should probably pitch it , and buy a new one.

:wub: vanna