• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hormones

Guest cumminsdiesel

Guest cumminsdiesel

please please please Ive got a headache from another forum they peed me off no one on there is very help full i hope some one can help me please........im about 30yrs old and i want to start taking hormones to transition from male to female and i don't know what to do some one told me to check out "endocrinologist?????" and Ive googled it and to no avail i got more confused than ever i hope some one who has gone through this around my age or younger can help me out cause i want to do this also im not rich so if some one knows of special groups please let me know.........:( :( :(

Guest sarah f

The first thing you need to do is find a Gender Therapist. They in turn will give you the go ahead to see a doctor aka endo to get hormones. The doctor will also talk to you to make sure this is for you and then prescribe you hormones. This can take up to 3 months or more. It all depends on your therapist and doctor. I am 34 years old and it took about 3 months for my GT to give me the go ahead.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

• Admin

Hon, what you need to do most is calm down and think things through.

Do you want to transition to female because you know or believe you are gender dysphoric, and you want to bring your mind and body into harmony? Or do you want to appear female as opposed to being a woman? The reason I ask is that you have identified yourself as a crossdresser on your profile, and generally speaking, CDers are comfortable as males, but enjoy wearing women's clothes for a wide variety of reasons. I'm just trying to understand your situation.

If it is the former, then as Sarah said, you need to find a good therapist, hopefully one certified as a Gender Therapist, and follow the path towards hormones. It (usually) takes a while, because you will want to be sure this is right before you change your body forever.

Please look through the Therapy and Therapists Forum to get an idea of what its all about.

Post more if you have additional questions.

Carolyn Marie

Guest cumminsdiesel

yes i am a cross dresser but recently have been wanting to not fully fully transition but transition enough....mainly i want to have boobs as well as the donkey i want to look as feminine as poss but i don't want to go as far as srs and i know these forums don't like internet hormones and that's OK they have there rules but my main ordeal is i come from a very well known family and about 80% of my family is in the medical field and i don't want them to find out so i do appreciate everyone so far for helping me and i do thank the last person who was concerned about the fact i am a cross dresser u r correct but i want more than what an illusion can give u.....i want to b able to go to the river and wear a bikini and not get stared at cause i don't look the part i want to transition Ive watched some videos on "you-tube" and i really want to transition......................THANK YOU EVERYONE

• Admin

I understand the allure of appearing feminine, I really do. I don't know how much about HRT you've researched, but please understand

that the estrogen and T-blockers will permanently alter your body chemistry after a few months. You will lose your libido, you will lose your sperm count, your testicles will shrink, your breasts will grow but not nearly as much as it appears you would like (sorry, but C-cups are very unlikely), and you run the risk of complications, such as breast cancer, stroke, etc.

You are an adult, and you have the right to ignore everything I've said and do what you want to do, provided you can find a willing doctor.

But I happen to feel strongly that HRT is not something to be entered into for appearance sake. It's serious, life altering business,

and I don't want to see you hurt. And yes, you will find nothing on this site about going about this the black market route. Don't even ask.

Carolyn Marie

Guest cumminsdiesel

i hope ur not yelling at me i wasn't asking about the black market stuff as u all call it but i suffer from what people call "Gynecomastia" i can where a 36B bra and they sorta fill them up i understand the risks but from i understand about the human body is that its hard to get things like boobs if some one is really tiny like 0% body fat i am a little over weight..so i appreciate ur concern and i dont know how the word donkey got into my last post reply Gosh darned auto spell checker prob did that....

• Admin

I am sorry if I sounded angry. I hadn;t meant to and I'm not. I just get concerned about this subject.

You are welcome to ask any specific questions about hormones. The only thing off limits is actual dosage information or how to obtain

meds outside of the regular Rx route.

Yes, we do employ a word filter, and the word you were trying to use is not allowed, but you've figured that one out for sure. :D

Awkward little tool, but it works.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Very good advice from Carolyn, Hon...

First off, you'd be very hard pressed to find a doctor to prescribe HRT without a therapists letter...Too much liability for them...

And, of course, anyone can go the internet route for hormones, but taking hormones without being monitored by a doctor is very dangerous...

Huggs

Donna jean

Guest cumminsdiesel

i do want to thank everyone for there info i didn't know u had to c a gender therapist so i guess i got to find one and go that route that's mainly what I've been trying to find out i new at this so thank you so much everyone for your help and sorry moderator i didn't mean to make to edit me my bad i don' realize i'm doing things like that...sorry

Guest BeckyTG

i do want to thank everyone for there info i didn't know u had to c a gender therapist so i guess i got to find one and go that route that's mainly what I've been trying to find out i new at this so thank you so much everyone for your help and sorry moderator i didn't mean to make to edit me my bad i don' realize i'm doing things like that...sorry

No problem, I had to go through the same process of discovery... Go to the Home page here, check it for "Resources" and you'll find a lot of links. Here's one that will help:

http://www.wpath.org/documents2/socv6.pdf

This is the "Standards of Care" (SOC) that you'll see referred to often.

I also searched for "hormone effects, non-reversible" and other places and found a lot of information (not all of it accurate) on what hormones do and don't do to you. You need a lot of information for yourself before you begin even seeing a therapist, in the event you get a bad therapist. They are out there.

Best of luck to you, stay here and keep reading and posting.

Becky

Guest cumminsdiesel

ok ive done some googling and found something weird i looked up gender therapist and come across a site on line to do therapy and they give u hormones in which im not sure about that also im new to this forum someone mentioned about a "Please look through the Therapy and Therapists Forum" and i have no idea how to find this and is there a web site to find local gender therapists in my area cause im not finding much of anything

• Admin

ok ive done some googling and found something weird i looked up gender therapist and come across a site on line to do therapy and they give u hormones in which im not sure about that also im new to this forum someone mentioned about a "Please look through the Therapy and Therapists Forum" and i have no idea how to find this and is there a web site to find local gender therapists in my area cause im not finding much of anything

Here is a link to the Therapy and Therapists Forum. You'll find a lot of great information here: http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/index.php?showforum=54

Here is the link to the list of Gender Therapists, by state: http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

A therapist cannot prescribe hormones, only a medical doctor can do that, so that site sounds fishy to me. An online therapist can provide a recommendation for HRT, to be given to an endocrinologist or other doctor, but that's it.

Carolyn Marie