• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Bigger Hips?

Guest Victoria Morgan

Guest Victoria Morgan

Hi ladies, im Victoria Morgan! so i really want bigger hips, and i was wondering if getting on hormones does it or theres a surgery for it.

im 18, on no hormones, and will be going to college near Houston and i was wondering if anyone can help me or has any answers!

cho :)

Victoria <3

Guest AshleyRF

The only real way to get them is through surgery. They put in silicon implants in the hip area to extend them outwards however they tend to start sagging really bad after a few years and look just terrible especially if you do not take care of yourself and exercise daily to keep the muscle tight and firm.

Guest Donna Jean

Surgery....yeah...

HRT will get you some padding....but our bone structure is not like a GG and it won't be as pronounced...GG also have one fewer ribs and that makes the hip/waist ratio much more attractive...

I'm afraid that few of us will get that....

And of course there are the hip and butt enhancing under garments that are available in good clothing stores and on the net...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest ricka

Girls-----small hips are not universal for transwomen. I have always had a

wide pelvis and I have big hips and an ample derriere. I may well be an

exception to the rule, especially since I am not on hormones.

hugs, Miss Ricka

Guest Victoria Morgan

thank you very much ladies. im hoping my hips will be big enough as i transition, how long does it take to usually show signs of ones body changing once on hormones?

Guest AshleyRF

I don't believe the body changes at all from HRT other than a little breast development. I've never seen any changes in the body of transwomen that could not be explained as weight loss/gain as the probable reason.

If you are looking for changes from HRT, you will likely be disappointed.

Guest childofwinter

Surgery....yeah...

HRT will get you some padding....but our bone structure is not like a GG and it won't be as pronounced...GG also have one fewer ribs and that makes the hip/waist ratio much more attractive...

I'm afraid that few of us will get that....

And of course there are the hip and butt enhancing under garments that are available in good clothing stores and on the net...

Huggs

Donna Jean

I thought everyone had the same number of ribs, apart from a small minority who were either born with a different number or have had to have some removed?

Research shows that men and women have the same number of ribs - it is not used for identification of the sex of skeletal remains, other factors are used but not the number of or the distance between the ribs and the pelvic bones - the shape, size and angle of the pelvic bones are indicators of sex and also account for the feminine shape that not all natal females display outwardly in our obese society.

There will be a different storage pattern for fat that the HRT will program but the fat that you might have stored around your waist right now will not migrate, it must be removed and any new fat will select more feminine distribution.

I hope that helps you a little.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Penelope

Dear Victoria,

I feel that if a genetic woman had a part of her appearance that she was not happy with, she would dress to distract attention from that place or to accentuate a part that she was happy with. For example, try wearing clothes that pull in at the waist or just under the bust line.

All the best,

Penelope

Guest AiAmAngel

Don't think of "hormones" as a cure all to self esteem issues =/. A lot of the effects are rather subtle to say the least xD!

Now on hips- the pelvic bone hardens during puberty meaning if one is exposed to estrogen while it is still "soft" it will be widened. After the pelvis has hardened (in males there is no significant widening beyond general proportionate growth) estrogen can't really help :( .

Yes- Fat will be redistributed. :) You probably won't look like the next Nicki Minaj, but your hips will be a bit wider than they are now.

The real key here is in self esteem. Body modification should always be an accessory- never a perquisite to being an average woman :)

Oh and I do not recommend silicone! With so many horror stories out there, and so few doctors willing/able to treat transgender/transsexual individuals... yeah ^_^

I dunno if I am a rare exception, but HRT has definately changed my body shape especially in the hips, and my weight although having fluctuated down then back up by +- 14 lbs, is still the same as it was before HRT.

• 2 months later...
Guest LaraBelgium

Hi ladies, im Victoria Morgan! so i really want bigger hips, and i was wondering if getting on hormones does it or theres a surgery for it.

im 18, on no hormones, and will be going to college near Houston and i was wondering if anyone can help me or has any answers!

cho :)

Victoria <3

Nice I found this forum and this information. So it's true that like buttocks implants there are also hips implants. I see below this that such hips implants can travel downwards without exercising, or having good tight muscles. The only thing I can add is never use synthetic things like an ex-psychiatrist said to me. It was a kind of micro things they fill your legs/hips with, if they hit a blood stream, you can be dead or not functioning anymore. It even travels through or stuck at the brains.

I am from Belgium and I heard awfull and bizar things going around by the medical persons here. It's like you are handled as a medical prison. Wanting the boss over your body and more. People know the pregnant man in the U.S., but the newspapers here in Belgium are saying : In Belgium only exist men and females, nothing inbetween. So they take more away not being pregnant here.

And for me, I have to keep me calm with a bad bloodvain in my brain, I had already 24/24 headaches and laying a full week in hospital with drugs against the pain.

So I call me a pre-op transsexual, transgender and why not she-male (nice introduction here). Lara.

Guest NatashaJade

I dunno if I am a rare exception, but HRT has definately changed my body shape especially in the hips, and my weight although having fluctuated down then back up by +- 14 lbs, is still the same as it was before HRT.

You're not the rare exception, Rhea. Hormones do effect fat redistribution and while we may not get as curvy as ciswomen, hormones can and often do change the appearance of the body beyond breast growth.

xoxo

Gin

Guest Melissa 67

I don't believe the body changes at all from HRT other than a little breast development. I've never seen any changes in the body of transwomen that could not be explained as weight loss/gain as the probable reason.

That's not what I heard. Your body changes, not just breast development but a whole lot of changes go on.

Melissa 67

From what I have read, HRT effects vary somewhat from person to person. However, I would not discount the effects of one's endorphins, so mental attitude could play a part as well.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Melissa 67

Excuse me for saying, but to further add " What are you talking about?" If your body doesn't change or develope with hormones except getting a little breast development, then why would anybody want to take them. I mean that response to me seems very negative and upsetting and just makes me want to jump out a window. I mean what, everybody was lying to me, its all a big shame. No one really developes on hormones, or what?

Melissa 67

Guest NatashaJade

Excuse me for saying, but to further add " What are you talking about?" If your body doesn't change or develope with hormones except getting a little breast development, then why would anybody want to take them. I mean that response to me seems very negative and upsetting and just makes me want to jump out a window. I mean what, everybody was lying to me, its all a big shame. No one really developes on hormones, or what?

Melissa 67

Melissa,

The answer is that if all you got from hrt was a little breast development, no one would go that route and doctors wouldn't prescribe them. Not everyone gets the same results and some people see their lack thereof as evidence that it doesn't do much for anyone. This is not true. We always say your mileage may vary because we all have a degree of difference. But myself? The women I've met? Most of the women here? We've all seen amazing results from hrt. There is documented medical evidence to this effect (again, if there wasn't, there would be no treatment...it's not a placebo, trust me).

xoxo

Gin

Guest Melissa 67

Melissa,

The answer is that if all you got from hrt was a little breast development, no one would go that route and doctors wouldn't prescribe them. Not everyone gets the same results and some people see their lack thereof as evidence that it doesn't do much for anyone. This is not true. We always say your mileage may vary because we all have a degree of difference. But myself? The women I've met? Most of the women here? We've all seen amazing results from hrt. There is documented medical evidence to this effect (again, if there wasn't, there would be no treatment...it's not a placebo, trust me).

xoxo

Gin

Thanks, thats what I thought, I was just responding to one person's post that said that your body doesn't develope, only the breast.

Guest Donna Jean

Hormones DO work on more than just the boobs...THAT IS A FACT!

I am living proof of that...

I started on Feb 26, 2009...

I have been keeping a record of bust, waist, hipps, upper leg, and other measurements since day one....

My butt and hips are bigger. My waist is somewhat smaller. My shoulders are smaller. My upper thighs are bigger around.

And any changes that are due to weight loss/gain are because the HRT caused that material to migrate!

Go to Lynn Conway's page of Successful women and see some of them in bathing suits and such. They did not look that way before HRT and just added boobs!

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TSsuccesses/TSgallery1.html

(There are 3 galleries there...look at them all....These women did NOT look like that pre-HRT! PERIOD!

You will change...believe it!

Donna Jean

Guest Melissa 67

Ya thanks Donna Jean, those women look great on that link. That's why I didn't understand when it was said on here by someone that you only develope boobs but nothing else. That kind of statement makes me very apprehensive about going ahead with transitioning. Again thanks for the link with the photos.

Love

Melissa 67