• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Long Did Your Breast Growth Take? If At All.

Guest oogie292

Guest oogie292

I will (hopefully) start hormones in Mid September. I am curious as to how long it will be before I see any change in my breasts. I know if depends on your age and dose, (I am eighteen). What happened to you?

Guest sarah f

Well I am 34 and I started feeling the oh so sweet pain within one week of starting. Like you said it depends on the person but at your age I would think it would be withing a couple of weeks at least. Good Luck with your transition.

Guest Donna Jean

Honey...

Most get some feelings of changes the first month...

First, the nipples get puffy then growth starts...

Remember....just like natal girls, our development will take a few years for the full effect to happen...

Good luck to you...

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest KimberlyF

At just over 40, without estro in the mix, on the evening of day 3, I was at the store and my nipples were leading the way. someone else mentioned it cause it was obvious and not normal. Day 4 I started getting bumps and itchiness.

So now at one point in life I've been on a t-blocker and a different point an estro but never both at the same time. Maybe that's how you get pregnant? :D

Kim

For me the noticeable part of the growth has taken a while but the early changes did occur rather quickly.

It seems that for our bodies that breast growth is a priority - great because it sure is for most of us - so the itching and aching starts early and for me the changes have been amazing and yet no one says anything to me when in male mode - go figure.

It will vary for everyone but do expect a three to five year process just like for teenage girls.

Love ya,

Sally

Hmm, I started around your age. I didn't really pay attention to the growth process though. I just remember noticing I had full breasts about six months in. They haven't grown since... >_<

I'm pretty thin though and have 34A, so I figure that's good enough.

As others have probably said, the amount of growth you'll see will depend upon genetics, the amount of fat you have, blah blah blah. You know, YMMV (I hate when people say that, but it's true). I would also like to state that, unlike most people, I never experienced any aches or pain in that department. So, if by chance you don't feel any tenderness, don't worry. Not everyone is the same.

Also, expect breast growth to reach its peak two years in, with a small amount of growth (possibly) continuing for two to three more years. Some people experience a burst of growth after they have SRS though, so you might not want to opt for implants (if you were planning on it) until that's done and over with.

Cheers.

Guest NatalieRene

I guess I'm a little above average in the development department then most but it took me roughly 6 months to get to where I am now.

There is no guaranty how much you will develop but I'm sure you'll see something in 3 to 4 months or so.

Guest natasha79

A question I have not been able to find an answer too. Does dosage have affect on the timeline? My Dr. has me on a lower dose of E, and at almost 2 yrs. not really that much growth. I was flat a 2X4 before, now there is noticable growth but nothing to brag about.

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I'm 18. I had small lumps under my nipples from puberty (10-12), before starting HRT.

Started HRT 4.5 months ago. For me, my nipples started to hurt within two days. For the first three months, my chest alternated between seemingly nothing, nipple soreness, overall chest soreness, and both at the same time. By then, I thought maybe my nipples and aeorolae had grown, and maybe there was more fatty tissue too, but it was never enough to be sure it wasn't just in my head. The only thing I was ever sure about was the soreness and the big hard lumps I could feel but not see.

After the three months, switched from estradiol pills to injections. 1.5 months since then (now), it's definitely true. My hard, puffy nipples are poking through all my shirts, if I turn sideways I can that they rest on protruding mounds of fat (frighteningly tubular), and I get more of a handful if I grab 'em. Still nothing to look at, but when examined closely, I'm definitely growing.

But that's me. Transgirls, and regular girls alike, all have unique, unpredictable breast development timelines. Dosage definitely effects it, but in unpredictable ways.

I am quite a bit older than you, 58 to be exact and within two weeks of starting hormones i started to get nipple tenderness then a month or two later the hard nodules started to form, this continues for quite a long time, everyone seems to freak out and think they have cancer or something but it is normal, for me nipple tenderness and breast growth continued for almost 2 years, now my breasts are soft and look natural though a little on the small size for my size frame, breast development can continue for up to 7 years.

Paula

i started taking hrt at 14, i don't recall how quickly i grew boobs, i just remember one day waking up, being like " HOLY COW !!!!.....I GOT BOOBS!!!" i was 16-ish when that realization hit me . i made it to a larg B cup. but i opted to go larger, since june 1st last year. i have been the proud owner of DDs :D

Sakura

Guest Elizabeth K

Very good answers and as you can see its the old YMMV (your milage may vary).

I can add my personal experience but I cannot say if it is typical or not. I had quick and early results and they are STLL growing. I totally fill out my bras now. I cannot go without a bra, wearing a teeshirt, I attract too much male attention. I am not sure how I still pass male at work - I use a tight tank top (like a man's old style undershirt) to keep them flat, then a LOOSE and PATTERNED collared men's shirt over that.

Okay - starting HRT = the milk ducts are awakened, usually almost immediately - there is a silver dollar area behind the nipples that gets sore, itchy and a bit hard. Milk ducts develop - then stall - then develop again in a random fashion. This usually is what drives you nutz with itching.

Soon after that development - usually in the first six months or so, your breasts start filling out behind the nipples (support fatty tissue) and the projection starts. It might even be a bit tubular for some T-Girls. My physician put me on 10-days-a-month progesterone, said it is suspected to help with a rounder breast development, but nobody knows for sure as yet. The projection is usually abour 2 inches at first, then slows down. Mine was irregular. Louise (right breast) was eager to grow outward, Therma (left breast) was more concerned with fuller mass than projection. Develpment is usually not the same for both sides. It's like they missed the planning meeting - and do what they want.

After about six months, after changing projection/fullness back and forth from one side to the other, I had enough to tell I was a girl growing breasts. I was an A cup.

At nine or ten months, sitting down, I could hold a wooden pencil underneath - my real goal from the start - so affirming!

At a year I could hold that pencil - standing up! Wow, I thought! A year and I was the full B cup. And I expected things might slow down. They did.

BUT

About month 16 they started growing again. WOW - nice. They hurt a bit now (I just passed monthe 20) and they are really warm to the touch again! And I noticed they are really full now. Pencil? several if I wanted to do that! I am a woman - especially in my chest area. I fill my 38 C cup soft bra. I have a sundress with a built in bra - I fill it without any augmentation. This last month I realized I have a bit of cleavege finally. Last night in my sun dress I was definately getting some male attention at the greasy spoon restuarant Sally and I went to - but directed below my chin.

It's a new world and I an so much happier! OH - did I mention I am 63 years old - so if I had started young? OH MY! My breasts are that of a 24 year old woman - they are STILL growing. Dosages are not allowed to be discussed here on Laura's. I was on the standard HRT at the start, except my estradoil was slightly less than other T-Girls in transition - still is, I has it bumped one mg to quell my sadness spells. Sally takes more estradoil than I do for example. So you don't need high estrogen, you just need to be balanced. THAT is why you are under a physicians care. I also carefully avoid herbals and suppliments. What I am doing is working just fine!

I hope this helps.

Elizabeth Anne

Guest Virginia_

(Moderators, I believe this post meets the PG rating of the site, but respect your decision to delete details as deemed inappropriate)

I have been on a full transition level estrogen/testosterone blocker regimen for about seven months. After 11 days I noticed an increase in the sensitivity of my nipples. On the 17th day I awoke in the middle of the night to a constant pain in my pecs and nipples, a deep burning feeling and a sense of swelling. Virtually overnight, my nipples increased in size from ~3mm diameter to ~5mm, remaining in a constant state of erection with a slight upturn. After 35 days, a distinct fleshy mass about the size of the areolas could be felt below the skin beneath the nipples. By two months the entire breasts had begun to fill out and turn upward. Four months into HRT, the nipples had increased to a diameter of 8mm (5mm over 3mm baseline) and the areolas to 22mm (5mm over the 17mm baseline). The mass below the nipples has enlarged to approximately the diameter of two fingers with the breasts themselves reaching a distinct Tanner Stage 3 shape. The periodic pain experienced early on has subsided to a constant sensitivity much akin to that of genitals with sporadic feelings of warmth/growth.

After seven months the fleshy mass has increased to ~2inch diameter. The breasts have continued to develop changing the overall shape of the chest into a pair of perky 36A hoohas. The left breast is slightly larger than the right.

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Photos removed in keeping with the site rules, and text modified at the request of the author.
  • 1 month later...

I was using (Testosterone replace therapy) when my breast started to grow and the nipples were incredibly itchy, and I very conscious of being able to feel the skin over my breasts starting to stretch, and that is very strange sensation, and I was having hot and cold flushes, I think what was happening was the (TRT) was converting into estrogen.

These days I have a nice perky set of breasts that I enjoy, which sit very comfortably in 42 A bra, and basically live as a woman these days dressing in mainly in unisex clothes :) :)

Guest NatalieRene

I've been on hormones since January 10th 2010 when I was 28 years old. Currently right now I wear a 36C. Thats about a week from nine months of development. My body responded kind of fast. It's been about 3 months per cup size for me but your milage may vary. I can say though that having to buy new bras every three months gets real expensive and real old real fast.

Guest Elizabeth K

21 momths HRT - it is obvious I have breasts. There is an 8" difference in the breast measurements and the bandmeasurement. It took about 12 months for me - they slow down in projection and fill out behind.

Hope this helps. Of course (here it comes) YMMV!

Lizzy

Guest Erin Quinn

I'm sitting here about to go to bed when that exciting but itchy feeling returns @.@ OMG so itchy! *squirm*

ahem, anyway. I'm 28 and have been on HRT for 4 3/4 months (not that i'm counting). I remember noticing something about a week or in, starting at my nipples, soreness behind them. From there its slowly becoming more obvious that I have breast developing, though i'm barely an A cup (though exercising as much as I can, to trim my tummy, and help the girls stand up). The pain/itchy feeling seems to come at least twice or so a week, just out of no where, trust me, it's still surprising when it starts to act up.

Good luck, wish you all the best :)

Guest NatalieRene

21 momths HRT - it is obvious I have breasts. There is an 8" difference in the breast measurements and the bandmeasurement. It took about 12 months for me - they slow down in projection and fill out behind.

Hope this helps. Of course (here it comes) YMMV!

Lizzy

I really hope mine stop projecting and fill out some more. I mean the part near the chest has filled out some but it looks more like cones then breasts.