• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Where Can I Get Some Clothes?

Guest Emily H

Guest Emily H

I just can't find where to get the clothes I'm looking for. The clothes, dresses, skirts, tops, that I see girls my age wearing, I just, don't see them anywhere. Is there anyone else my age who knows where I could look? I just, don't see clothes for people my age, at least, really great ones. I've tried Old Navy and they do have some good things there but not in a very wide selection, at least the one I am near is like that.

So, um, any suggestions? Also, I generally need larger sizes.

Guest Donna Jean

Honey...have you been to Cato? They have a nice selection...

I frequent Goodwill (wearing a top that I bought this weekend now!) You never know what you'll find there...

I wonder what kind of stores they have in your area..Do you have a mall nearby?

That would be the best place to shop because of the different stores and don't forget...it's "Back to school" time and there should be some great sales!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Emily H

Never heard of Cato :( There aren't any goodwill stores nearby, and yes, my mall has some clothes stores but they don't really have good selections.

Guest Krystyna_Marie

Never heard of Cato :( There aren't any goodwill stores nearby, and yes, my mall has some clothes stores but they don't really have good selections.

Emily, Salvation Army Thrift Stores, Marshall's or TJ Maxx, Ross Dress for Less. In shoes, Show Show carries up to Size 12/13 depending on style (looove Shoe Show!), also Shoe Carnival. KMart or Walmart for makeup, and I have bought clothes, shoes, and <blush>leather on the internet (Ebay primarily).

Best wishes, get out there and shop!

Kisses - KM

Hi Emily,

Is there a Kohl's nearby? One just opened about a mile from my house. They have good prices if you buy on special (They have an early-bird special on Satuday Morning that's really attractive) - like a kid in a candy store for me!

Love, Kat

Guest ricka

Hi Sugar! I love thrift store shopping! Where I live there are lots of them

and you'd be amazed at the high quality clothes to be found. Last year I

bought a cashmere sweater--like new for 75 cents!!! There are other thrift stores

besides Goodwill and Salvation Army. And I almost always find a good selection

for plus-size women.

hugs, Miss Ricka

Guest chngnwnd

Wal-Mart occasionally has some really nice things. I just got a nice pair of low rise skinny's there as part of their back to school sale. It looked like they had nice things in larger sizes as well.

Bobbi

• Forum Moderator

Ebay! Sure once in awhile there may be a problem and once in awhile something might not fit. but what you save and all the really cool stuff you find can more than make up for that.

if you haven't used it before the search can take some getting used to for weeding out all the things you don't want but it really gets easy pretty fast.

Any ? about using it feel free to PM me I've bought and sold there 12 1/2 years -I don't sell clothes -just buy them. But have resold things that didn't fit

JJ