• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sally's Amazing Day Followup

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

Well, we had a great Saturday and the very friendly salesperson in the jewelry shop and I were talking when she revealed to me she had always been a man. We had a good conversation, and Sally and I may have helped him feel like he wasn't the only one in the world anymore.

That is an amazing event as both Sally and I have been on Laura's and talked with so many, but to have someone come out to you while you are standing in front of them is simply an awesome feeling. He said there are more of us than anyone ever knows, and was referring to his life identified as 'butch' Lesbian for so many years. I work with the GLBT community here in New Orleans so I see real people like ourselves, FTM and MTF both, but they are always past the point of self acceptance. So this was new. Perhaps we will turn his life around for the better, he is really very much a person like JJ, and I wish they could meet.

Sunday was good and that is where I am taking up this story. Both Sally and I were totally worn out from the Saturday work, especially lugging those bed frames up the stairs. We live in a townhouse - second and third floors, so everything is a effort. For you MTF, you must expect to lose most of your muscular strength after a year on HRT. It sneaks up on you because your muscle mass is sometimes replaced by fatty tissue, so you don't really look smaller. Just think of yourself and how strong you were when you were a ten year old 'boy.' That's about where you end up, strengthwise.

And I heated up a small breackfast, thinking I would make Crawfish Ettouffe for lunch at about 2 PM (we slept in until 8:00) My Son-in-law called and wanted us to meet him at a new restaurant we had not tried - later because it was too crowded, we went elsewhere. Food is very much a big socilalization event here in New Orleans. We had Louisiana style pizza - which is a bit different - ours was turkey and jalapeno (Sally and I split one - but we sampled everyone else's). It was a lunch with my two daughters and their husbands. Once I felt strange being my daughter's 'fateher' and looking totally female, but it's now just part of my life. Sally seemed to really enjoy the lunch. She is a movie buff and my other Son-in-law is a movie maker, so they compared notes.

So home afterward after a trip to buy Sally a desk chair and to pick up some health food. We had spent the morning hanging Sally's photography and a beautiful print, all in her room. The place is coming together. But we finally relaxed Sunday afternoon and evening, contented.

And all this seems a bit mundane, and it is to a degree, but Sally and I are completely full time now. We are never seen as anything other than two women. The point to you here on Laura's is this: transitioning is almost alway's possible. Neither Sally nor I ever thought it was, so we waited our entire life thinking we would just endure our fate and die unhappy. When it became apparent we might die by our own hand rather than natural causes, we had to just say, "I have to do it. I will just have to suffer the consquences."

We both did suffer the consequences, some really bad consequences, lost our marriages and our houses, for example. Many in both our familes and many of our friends abandoned us at our time of most need. BUT we found other like us, we made friends both here at Laura's and outside. It's 100 precent doable. If you asked me now if it was worth it, you'd hear me almost shout HELL YES.

So love yourself, live the life, and be happy.

Elizabeth Anne

Guest Donna Jean

Mundane?

Nawww...just more real....it's where so many of us want to be...just ourselves and doing everyday things.

The woman that we are and to be seen by society as our real selves...accepted...and that's where the two of you are now....Love & Huggs on that...

Success stories are the lubrication that helps this site run...it gives people hope and shows the possibilties...

You CAN do it...and you both have ...

You know that I'm very happy for the both of you, Lizzy.....

LOVE

Donna Jean

As all of you read this and think that I can never do that, the point is - YES, YOU CAN!

Lizzy and I are not special people with some sort of amazing will power and the ability to make others accept us - we are just like you, we were afraid and denied until we could no longer endure.

As she said it was transition or die by our own hands, some of you younger members have already felt that, imagine feeling like you do right now for 30 more years of trying to fit in as you are.

There was a very high price for both of us but as compared to the rewards - it really wasn't that much, possessions are like pets, they own you and people who cannot love you if you are not exactly as they want you to be never loved you anyway so the losses are truly minimal in comparison to loving myself for the very first time in my 58 years on this planet.

You and your mirrors are the only enemies that you have - stop looking for faults and you will no longer see them, when you don't notice them no one else will either.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Its wonderful to hear from both of you how well you are fitting into your new roles as women. Yes, in a way your day was mundane, and it will become more so over time as you get used to being seen as, and feeling as, your true selves. I expect to hear fewer reports about days out as Lizzy and Sally, not because I want to hear from you less often (although, Lord knows, you two like to talk :P ); but because it won't be "news" any longer, to you or to us. It will have become routine, and isn't that what we all seek, to just fit in and live our lives?

BTW, it made me GRIN a big GRIN to see you back on the boards, Elizabeth. You were missed.

So welcome home, dear Sister, Girlfriend, and, well, just my dear friend. :D

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Your post brought tears to my eyes and brightened an otherwise very gloomy morning.

Thank you for sharing-I wish I could meet that man-more than I can say. And thank you for being here! An inspiration to all who are struggling with the fear and self doubt.

Role models for all of us at the beginning of our journeys.

Love you

JJ

Guest Amanda joan

WOW

That was a very special treat. The good news in transitioning. I enjoyed the read very much. I love hearing about other ladies getting to be ladies full time.

I am counting down the days. I have 19 more play days as a male and then I get to be Amanda full time. No words can define the feeling and emotion. I have been living 1/2 time for a while and I needed to stop that craziness. I got my ears pierced today for the second time. This time I went with the gold heart posts, very feminine. I will be wearing them to a big meeting tomorrow morning at work, everyone will be there and I am ready to take on all questions.

I have be palling around with Natalie Renee for a while now. She invited Diane and myself out to her place for dinner and the movies. Diane is a TG Woman who transitioned at 24 years old and she looks great. Well we had some snacks and watched Wayne's World. Natalie and i could not believe that Diane had never seen it. The we went out to dinner at Ramono's Macaroni Grill. The food and the service was great. As we left I said to the other ladies " I just read that ladies mind and she was just thinking that we were the prettiest transwoman that had ever dinner here" Natalie said " I was hoping that they did not notice we were trans". I guess that is the real transition. When you stop caring if you get notice or when people can no longer tell. Either way I have decided to take the short path, I just don't care if anyone notices that I am transgendered. The reason it does not matter is it is the truth. I don't mind sharing my truth. The truth is must people don't care. They have too much going on in their own lives to question me about what I am doing with my life.

OOOOPs :blush: .....Sorry I think I was starting to pontificate :o ....run off at the mouth......You know that is an issue for me so I will stop there. :lol:

Lizzy Sally Congrats!!!!!! Job well done!!!!!!! :)

Peace & Love Amanda

Hi Lizzie,

Just wanted to say how sweet it was to see your name on a post again. I've missed you!

And please keep telling us about the mundane things you do - they're so warm and fuzzy feeling.

Lotsa Love,

Kat