• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

17 Month-Old Boy Beaten To Death For 'acting Like A Girl'

Guest Renny-sama

Guest Renny-sama

I caught this on a thread on another forum...

At approximately 8:25 p.m. last Sunday night, the New York State Police on Long Island logged a 911 call about a toddler in cardiac arrest. The boy, 17-month-old Roy Jones, was rushed from the Shinnecock Indian Reservation in Southampton, N.Y. to Southampton Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 9:11 p.m.

According to authorities, the toddler had endured a savage beating. His tiny body had been repeatedly punched with closed fists and grabbed by the neck. By the time 911 had been called at dusk, he was already in cardiac arrest from the sheer brutality of the assault and it was too late to save his life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-rowe/what-it-says-about-us-whe_b_671373.html

now this is just plain sick... This guy went waaaayyyy wrong... I couldn't believe it when I read the full article

• Admin

I am saddened, and sickened, by the total senselessness of this act. I appreciate your posting this, Renny-sama, but I will be haunted

by mental images of what the little boy went through in his final hours.

The "suspect" said this: "A one-time mistake, and I am going to do 20 years."

I wish it was 2000. I wish I believed in Hell, because he could rot there forever.

Carolyn Marie

Guest moonrise

Oh, what a sad, sad story! This is why we all need to stand together and ask for better laws and insurance inclusion. I don't mean to be political but this is a wonderful source backing us all http://www.hrc.org/issues/transgender.asp

I really like how the author included gender discrimination and transgenderism into the story. A very good job bringing to light all the fears we all have about expression and discrimination. Too bad that a innocent child must pay the ultimate price for society to hear what we have been saying.

Rylee

Guest RachaelAnn

This is what makes me afraid to go out presenting female.

But to do it to a child?! There shouldn't even be a trial. Take him to the nearest tree and string him up. Or do to him what he did to the baby. People like him don't deserve mercy. But at least the other inmates will dish out some real justice to him once they find out why he's there.

Rachael

Guest lvmyftm

That is just nuts! 17 months old! The kid didn't even understand gender or gender differences at that age. That baby did nothing wrong and died cuz some guy is insurcure with himself. Just plain sad

Guest vertigo

Yeah, I've seen this one... Left me speechless.

The weird part is that I've read that there are no differences between how baby boys and girls act [well, duh - they're babies], so it's impossible to tell if a baby is acting like a boy or a girl, but people still somehow see "boyish" and "girlish" things in them. Weird...

Guest sarah f

I wanted to cry reading this but I was too mad to let tears come out. This is just sick and I hope this guy get the punishment he deserves for the un-necessary crime to that poor child. I am continually amazed at some of the ignorance that goes on out there. This just shows how far society still has to go to accept the GLBT part of society.

Guest Daiyu Hurst

Dude, that's just...I can't even find the words for it.

^this (is pretty much how I feel, too)

Towards the end, the writer's phrase "his little light flickered and vanished into the darkness" choked me up. If my supervisor hadn't walked over to bust my chops about some triviality, I'd have probably started crying. I guess I'll save the tears for later.

I read about this last night, and could not even bring myself to comment. This is beyond sad, it is beyond disgusting. Makes me wonder how many similar tragedies have occurred.

Guest Donna Jean

There is absolutely no sense to be made of this...no logic...only madness...

What is masculine/feminine behavior in an 18 month old?

Ok, so this idiot came "unglued" over some percieved behavior....

Millions and millions of people on this little blue globe controll themselves every day...

Tragic...

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

WRONG WRONG WRONG

No wonder so many of us are pushed to the edge - non-acceptance! I am sure some idiots responded to this with "he got what he deserved" logic.

What can be done?

Lizzy

Guest Cowboy

This is what makes me afraid to go out presenting female.

But to do it to a child?! There shouldn't even be a trial. Take him to the nearest tree and string him up. Or do to him what he did to the baby. People like him don't deserve mercy. But at least the other inmates will dish out some real justice to him once they find out why he's there.

Rachael

EXACTLY how i feel. There shouldnt be a trial for punks like him.

banghead.gifbanghead.gifangry.gifangry.gif

grrrrrr....

Id say what im thinkin n feelin right now, but it wouldnt follow under our PG13 guidelines.

Guest therisa

I had to stop partway through the article, because it made me, physical sick, by reminding me, of my own past and the struggles that I have face.

Guest (Lightsider)

From personal experience and from what I gather from other trans who showed signs of being feminine at an early age we are often abused. No surprise there. But perhaps the community can make sure this child's death is not in vain. This should be held up to the lawmakers of this country as an example of what we are subject too and we need protections in place and to educate the public.

In my own personal life I was subject to spankings and humiliation and threats using religious dogma to keep me in line. By all accounts my mother should have been busted for abuse.

Guest ChloëC

The truly senseless death of that poor child was horrible. It's sad that there are people who seem to feel a need to act out their own fears on defenseless others.

What I also find very sad is reading some of the responses. There are no responses condoning the attack and murder, but some are awfully close to that, trying to shift the discussion, shift the blame, attack the writer and such. Nobody would dare side with the attacker because there is still a belief that attacking infants is morally, socially, and consciousably wrong, but their own diatribes about the article itself speak volumes for a lot that's wrong with society.

Chloë

Guest jazz92

OMG!!! that poor little kid i can't believe anyone could do anything like that, something like calls for medieval forms of torture to to be reintroduced and the bloke who done it must die the slowest most painful death ever. it's just really hard to come up with something to say through the tears and rage of something that tragic

• Forum Moderator

Investigating things like this was once my profession and what likely happened is that that big burly guy is projecting his own girly feelings onto that baby.

And that makes it worse really-that the monster was killing himself because he hated and could not accept what he saw in himself. It is a common pattern. A tragic horrendous price paid by the most innocent for society's condemnation of feminine feelings in a male.

Am I saying the guy was trans-No- I don't know-but I am certain that he has a deep and overwhelming fear and loathing of the feelings he himself feels. You don't get this kind of reaction, this level of violence, otherwise. This is not the only case like this-just one that got picked up by the media-and the little boy was particularly young. But I promise you it is not unique

Am I saying that excuses him-no way. I am saying that it is society that is as much to blame as the man who raised his fists to that innocent child. And I believe it is important to recognize what really happened and why That the real hated and violence started a generation ago when another innocent was subjected to violence and rejection that would one day turn him murderous.

It is easier to see this as black and white-a case of pure evil but in my experience it is always much more complex-and even more tragic because it means there was more than one victim here-one dead and the other forever dam.ned . Now beyond help or redemption. A monster.

JJ

Guest RachaelAnn

A high profile case like this, the inmates probably all know what's going on already. And I guarantee you, some are sitting there cracking their knuckles, and praying he gets sent to their prison, and put on their block. He'll get what's coming to him 100 fold. Baby killers don't last long. He'll probably be dead in a year. Good riddance.

Rachael