• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Pondering

Guest ceejay

Guest ceejay

This morning was pondering about myself,and would love to hear what others think about this, I am male, that is how i see myself period,but this is not how the world sees me, many times this cause pain and i would wish why couldn't i have just been born in the right body, i want to be treated just like every other guy, not have to fight for it, but its not so. Yet sometimes i realise the ones who love me and are trying to be supportive by treating me like every other guy is not quite right either, they class me with the men they have known and the thing is i don't think us guys can ever be like the bio men (talking character) if i was born in the right body i would not have been the man i am now, i would not have understood women, humanity the way i do because of this, i think that transmen and transwomen have a more holistic view,as bio men and woman, generally take themselves for granted never forced to dig deep, i concluded my pondering with: i think trans man is what a man should really be and so to a trans woman s what a woman was meant to be please note focusing on the character.

Guest Donna Jean

'Morning, Cee Jay.

Well, I'll have to agree with you...

Cisgendered people take it for granted for the most part. There gender and sexuality are secure without doubts and without struggles.

I muct admit that, being a Transwoman, I see the big picture...having lived on both sides of the fence...and like you say, it gives us character, insight, tolerance and understanding....

We have to go that extra mile!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

And that is why I like the term Gender Gifted better than Transgendered.

It puts a more positive spin on the condition and in fact nothing is either all bad or all good and most of the time the good outweighs the bad for us.

We just have to open our eyes to see the world as it is and was always meant to be - only ignorance stands between us and our goals.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

That is the best thing about our condition-our ability to experience life from a fuller spectrum.

We have unique experiences just as we have unique challenges. I know I'm a better person for the effects of having 53 years of estrogen working on my male brain.

Which doesn't mean I'm glad it happened-or that I enjoyed the resultant despair and confusion. But I can recognize a silver lining when I see it:D

JJ

I remember a posting from a month or so back that the poster's Grandmother said something to the effect that being Transgendered is the future of mankind. Progress often accompanies pain.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Elizabeth K

We are what we are - and in my egotistical opinion - what we are is actually superior to most people. Perhaps we ARE the future of mankind! I better work harder being a better person.

Good topic

Elizabeth Anne

i think trans man is what a man should really be and so to a trans woman s what a woman was meant to be please note focusing on the character.

It's like deja vu, but I still agree. To balance between the gap, or to go from one side to the other, between woman and man provides wisdom and insight for those that choose to take it. It's my opinion that there shouldn't be a gap, that we as individuals should be differentiated by no more than our individuality, not by gender or sex.