• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Second Anniversary Of A Life Changing Event

Sally

There are major events which we usually call milestones in everyone's lives where things change sometimes for better but always forever, in transgendered terms the first real milestone maybe different for everyone, like the day you first cross dressed for me that first one was admitting to myself after so long in denial that I was a transsexual and I needed to do something about it.

I found a lady who helped to guide me, my big sister, we still keep in touch although we have never met, I found a Gender Therapist - two positive events which I followed by coming out to my now ex-wife, my sister and my mother - three very negative events so I did not come out to anyone else, I was all alone and totally isolated and I worked on the evenings that the support groups met, what was I to do?

My therapist told me that I needed to talk to other transgendered people to get to feel better about myself because there was too much negativity around me and I needed to feel better about myself, she suggested the most life altering and affirming action - JOIN LAURA'S PLAYGROUND!

So on August 15, 2008, I signed up for Laura's Playground!

I posted an introduction which was responded to by two people the first being Drew, if you drop by and see this I would like you to know how much it meant to me to have a friendly welcome and MaryEllen, OK I have to admit that being greeted by one of the Root Administrators made an impression.

This site has meant so much to me and has grown and changed as I have ever since I have been here to witness it.

In those early days four people greeting someone was rather a lot, Donna Jean was already here and a moderator but she started bringing the hot coca and a lot of love to the greetings after I had been here for a couple of months, I hardly ever posted and she reached out to me with a very simple yet prophetic comment on my profile, "Hi, Sally. Nice to meet ya! I'm your age, so, maybe we can talk sometime! Best wishes.", we did and soon after I decided that fresh baked cookies went well with hot cocoa and a another tradition was started.

With Donna Jean's and so many others help I have become so much more open and a bit more chatty - from a couple of posts a month to an average of more than 15 a day for two full years - I have changed and so has Laura's.

This site and all of its wonderful members have helped me to overcome my shyness, make new and lasting friendships, discover my maternal instincts, realize that transition is possible for anyone at any age and most importantly that no matter what anyone else may say - transgendered people are just that - people like everyone else.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone here on the site for all that they have done to help me become the woman that I am today although I am still a work in progress with all of the support here it is getting easier everyday.

There are too many to mention everyone by name just look at how many there are of us!

But I do have to thank a few very special people to me, Laura, not just for starting and maintaining the site but for being a very insightful and supportive friend - I don't bother her very often because I know how busy she is but we have had a few very meaningful conversations at crucial points in my life, Petra Jane for helping me out with any number of technical problems that I have had (not too good when my computer doesn't do exactly what I expect) and of course for the indelible image that I conjured up when you were replacing part of the floor and cabinets in your kitchen - I'm sorry but to me I saw that lovely lady from your profile wearing a short skirt, an apron and 6" stilettos, MaryEllen for so many conversations that started off with me in such a horrible state and always concluded with my feeling so much better - my big sis who keeps me out of trouble here which can be a full time job in itself, Donna Jean for being such a wonderful friend and having seen something special in me that I didn't know was there, my favorite Lady Bug and one of my dearest friends (no secret, I love this lady and she seems to have made no effort to hide that she feels the same way), Elizabeth K who never intended to be called Lizzy but she made the mistake of signing one post "Dizzy Lizzy" - I liked the sound of Lizzy and after just twenty to thirty posts answering her and calling her Lizzy, it sort of stuck (I think she has grown to love it, I hope so) as did our friendship, I love this lady too and it is pretty obvious with her that the feeling is mutual as we are now sharing an apartment and living full time in New Orleans and the last I am going to mention by name is my first son on this site, he calls himself Zolrek now but what is in a name - a lot, he was the first to call me Momma Sally, first only in PMs but one day out in the forums and it spread pretty fast - that helped to change me too!

There are so many others who have become so close but space is limited so I only mentioned the early influences and had to leave out so many of them but this site has changed my life for the better, I am constantly changing and so is Laura's, we are all changing, evolving and hopefully growing wiser and happier.

I am going to leave you all with this one thought - after you have left this site for whatever reason and after however long - have you made an improvement to it, helped others and the site to grow and continue to spread the all important message that transgendered are people too and life is worth living - Laura's and its members have saved my life, figuratively and literally - I have repaid this by helping others and a number of our members are still with us because of the efforts of all of us, the members - continue that tradition above all else.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Sally!

You yourself have become a tradition and a legend at Laura's. Dispensing wisdom and love-investing your time and attention in all those in need these past two years. You have been a big factor in spreading the message-the ripples of kindness and acceptance as they spread out in ever increasing influence.

Your growth has been phenomenal as well-a beacon and example to all those who feel that the road is just too hard and that it's just impossible to ever become your true self. You've shared your remarkable journey freely, your doubts and fears as well as your triumphs and achievements. You have proven that it is never impossible, never too late to become your true self and live your dreams.

So as well as congratulations we say:

Thank You Sally for 2 years of love and dedication!

JJ

Guest BeckyTG

Dearest, Sweet Sally,

It's been my pleasure to have met you in person, (stood on a chair) and shared a hug with you.

I can see your progress in the time I've been here and it's fun and rewarding to watch. I've seen you gain confidence and improve your life. I've seen you make the tough decisions and set a course for your (bright) future.

It is a joy to call you a girlfriend. I wish you all the best in the next 2 years...

Lotsa Love,

Becky

• Admin

Dearest Sally, all the love that you received when first you joined LP has been paid forward in exponential numbers.

Your love for everyone here knows no bounds, and everyone knows it, and returns it with interest.

You were one of the first to become my friend, and I've never regretted a day since. We have laughed together, and watched each other

cry too. Its been great, and my life would be poorer without you in it.

Thanks for everything, and best wishes for the next two, and the two after that....

Love

Carolyn Marie

Hi Sally,Two years ago was a big event for all of us - maybe you started off slowly, but you've become a leader here. Many of us couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for everything!Love, Kat

Guest Cowboy

Well, ive only been here 2 months, but you have already made my stay at Laura's so much more fun and welcome.

So, Congrats, Happy anniversary, and thank you. smile.gif

Cowboy

Guest Donna Jean

I hardly ever posted and she reached out to me with a very simple yet prophetic comment on my profile, "Hi, Sally. Nice to meet ya! I'm your age, so, maybe we can talk sometime! Best wishes.", we did

Love ya,

Sally

Yeah, Sally...And I've never regretted asking you to open up...and now look at you...

You've been my very close friend since that fateful day when I lured you out of your shell with a hot cup of coco...

And the rest is history...

You've given so much here and through that received enough to help you through some hard times...

But, your life is in a much better place now days...

You've moved in with a loving friend (Lizzy) your are in a great place in your transition and you have tons of people that love you...

AHhhh...life for you is getting very good....

Oh, And I love you very much!

Dee Jay

Guest Elizabeth K

Good Sally - very good. An eventful two years for sure - and Laura's got a wonderful return on their investment - YOU!

A toast of pure filtered water (grin) to the next two years!

I love you Sally.

Lizzy

Guest sarah f

Happy Anniversary Sally!!!

Everyone of us on the site one time or another has been blessed by your love and devotion to this site. You are loved by so many of us. I consider myself one of the lucky ones that got to meet you off of the site and get a hugg.

I am looking forward to spending the next two years here on the site with you.