• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Others Opinions

Guest Jennifer RachaelAnn

Guest RachaelAnn

I was reviewing the "Tell A Lie" thread that JJ started and that got me thinking.

How much does everyone worry about how others view/think of them?

I personally couldn't care less what people think of me. The way I see it is, either you will like me or you won't, it's your choice. Heck I'm sure there are a few people that have me on ignore here. Does that bother me? No. I have some on ignore as well. Just the same, there might be a person or 2 who thinks the world of me. Do I care? Well it's nice that someone might think that much of me, but it really doesn't have any affect on my life for the most part. So I guess that would be a "kind of" for the sentiment.

What is everyone else's view here?

Rachael

Guest Soran Vs

I'm somewhat the same. I honestly don't care what people think of me. I only care about what my close friends feel about me, and would like very much to feel accepted by them. I stopped caring about other people's opinions a while ago, but I can't help but worry about being accepted by the ones I DO care about.

Guest Cowboy

I really dont care about what anyone thinks bout me as well. I do try to be friendly and keep the peace, but honestly, i really dont care. Im the kind of person who would rather tell the brutal truth than a beautiful lie. And it may hurt feelins, but at least i was bein honest. Some people may like me, others may hate me, and some might not know what to think about me. and im alright with that. lol. There are people i do care about, and i do care about what they think of me, but only cuz i really care about them, and want them to wanna keep me around. lol.

Oh, and i dont have you on ignore. lol. I didnt even know we had an ignore option on here. (ooopppsss)

But i wouldnt add anyone anyway. still wont. I enjoy readin people's posts and gettin their opinions, and views and all that.

(So for the record : I COLTON REED WILLIS, DONT USE THE IGNORE OPTION FOR ANYONE ON THIS SITE. I LOVE YOU ALL.)

lol.

smile.gif Cowboy

Hit and miss. Don't worry about people I don't know, don't worry much about what the family thinks of me (strange paradox. . . ) and most people in life I guess. People here though, I do think about it a lot. I have friends else where too that I find myself wondering over.

Other than that, I have this unexplainable self consciousness that annoys the hell outta me. Not so much about what people are thinking, but I dunno, just something about how I see myself physically making me uncomfortable.

I have real self-esteem issues and through my life putting myself down to avoid others being critical of me. Have even been written up in a performance review at work about it. Thus, I worry too much about what others have to say, but I believe that I am improving. Have gone out and done things I could not have imagined doing just three or four months ago. If someone is not keeping you alive, does it really matter what they think?

Huggs,

Opal

• Admin

I've always been more concerned about it than I should be. But I don't obsess about it.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

One of the biggest changes since I discovered and accepted I am trans is that I am no longer frightened and obsessed with what anyone and everyone thinks of me. I no longer seek validation in the eyes of strangers.

As my fear and unease fell away so did everyone else's and even though I now know they don't realize who they are seeing I meet people as the real me. It has nothing to do with body parts or clothes but with my heart and mind.

And oddly enough even though my body is clearly female I haven't been mam'd since I started being me. Must be something in my eyes. but even so everyone has been warmer and friendlier-I think. I don't notice as much anymore.:D

JJ

I care and don't care. :huh: I care a little. But at the same time a part of me couldn't really care less. But another part of me really does care and is very... judgemental of myself therefore meaning others must be judgemental of me too. At least in my head.

I care and don't care. :huh: I care a little. But at the same time a part of me couldn't really care less. But another part of me really does care and is very... judgemental of myself therefore meaning others must be judgemental of me too. At least in my head.

Yeah, tha's kinda how I feel, I think. :blush:

One of my problems is that I care too much about what people think of me. I want people to like me. and it bothers me when they don't. I am getting a little better. A while back when I completed a painting I would ask myself "am I doing this for me? Or just to impress people?" This problem was interfering with something that was one of my biggest loves, and source of enjoyment, my art. That went for my music too. I don't like to think how much this held me back in life. But I feel I'm making some progress. I'm allowing myself to be "me" without letting other people dictate how I should look and act. I tell myself, "If this person doesn't like me then it is their loss". Life is too short to waste time on trying to please everyone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 276 Guests (See full list)

• Betty K
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Carolyn Marie
    • April Marie
    • MaybeRob
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

gizgizgizzie
    Newest Member
    gizgizgizzie

1. Angelo christoper
      Angelo christoper
      (38 years old)
    2. Joslynn
      Joslynn
      (61 years old)
    3. Kaltia_Atlas
      Kaltia_Atlas
    4. Rika_Lil
      Rika_Lil
      (40 years old)
    5. Summerluv
      Summerluv
      (19 years old)
    • VickySGV
      Welcome to the Forums @gizgizgizzie we have folks in your situations to talk to and share with. 
    • gizgizgizzie
      hi everyone, my name is giz (or gizzie), i use all prns but i prefer they/it and i just found out abt this place pretty recently !! im really excited to find community among other trans people from so many walks of life !! in my personal life, i do have trans/queer friends but its not easy to navigate that without coming out all willy nilly (and i can't come out to my family, pretty much ever) so this is a pretty good place for me to get to know people and make new friends !!   i also have this weird dysphoria issue that i feel like everyone (and society at large lol) is attaching me to categories and boxes that don't really fit me (obviously this is to do with my agab) so being here without that presentation is also really helpful !!   i also hope to be able to start and share my transitions goals and things like that (just getting my body to a more androgynous look) !!   thanks for reading, and i hope to see more of y'all soon !!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, my friends are out publicly. Openly transgender, and on HRT.  I agree that the survival of all of us is at stake.  But I think there are threats greater and more dangerous than those faced exclusively by LGBTQ folks.   Rising prices. Unaffordable food.  EPA strangling transportation and energy.  Needless foreign wars that put us at risk of literal nuclear annihilation.  A government that wants to tax us, track us, and control every aspect of our lives...including using us as guinea pigs for their medical experiments.     Trump is no savior.  Neither is the Republican party.  But I believe that a vote for Democrats in the federal government is for sure a vote for globalism and what follows it.  War, famine, plague, slavery, and death don't care if we're trans or cis.  
    • Ladypcnj
      There is light at the end of the tunnel, just believe. 
    • Ashley0616
      Y’all are pretty ladies
    • Ashley0616
    • Ivy
      People who are out publicly, and openly transgender, maybe on HRT, having changed names and gender, have a lot to lose if anti-trans politicians take power.  They have openly called for our eradication, and promise to do everything they can to accomplish this.  (again, 2025) For someone in this position the election is about our survival.  It's foolish to delude ourselves into thinking "Oh, they don't really mean that.  It's all for show," or, "There's other more important things to concern ourselves with." Maybe for some people the other things take priority.  But if you have skin in the game, things look different.  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      If that happens, a lot of things I don't want to see might also be codified into law.  And some things that shouldn't be law might not get repealed.  To me, progress in one area isn't worth the price we'd have to pay in several other areas.     For me, voting on LGBTQ issues always ends up as an "out of the frying pan, but into the fire" sort of event.  
    • Ivy
      Trying out a new wig. Got my reading glasses on. I've also got dark roots now - first time in years.
    • Vidanjali
      Thea, your post made me think of a comic named Chloe Petts whom I saw recently on Hannah Gadsby's Gender Agenda comedy special on Netflix. She is a cisgender masculine lesbian. She is brilliant and so funny. I was intrigued by her identification - specifically masculine, not butch. And it seems to me there is a difference. 
    • Vidanjali
      Today I had a dr appt. When I checked in, I was asked my surname, which I gave. Apparently there were two patients with appointments at that time with that same surname. The receptionist asked, "Are you (my legal name which is feminine) or Paul?" I got such a kick out of it not being assumed I had the feminine name. 
    • Vidanjali
      That must have felt affirming, albeit perhaps weirdly so. However, I'd construe that more broadly (no pun intended) as sexism rather than misogyny where the latter would imply contempt. Also, incidentally, I've heard chivalry referred to as "benevolent sexism". 
    • MaeBe
      My boss is in a panic. His business is a couple straws away from breaking a camel in half. He's just handling the stress very poorly.   My dad, though. He's handling things pretty well, as long as I continue to don't get massively offended by being called: son, boy, etc. His eldest is leaving the State and looks so different than he's been used to over the years. I haven't told him I'm on HRT, but to be fair the changes haven't been massive. I've always had boobs, more so after COVID weight gain and made more obvious with its loss, but now I'm not hiding them--and obviously wearing a bra. The estrogen has done some work, but nothing major (sadly). I think the biggest HRT changes have been my skin and a mild amount of fat redistribution.   Today I'm wearing my cheater, I almost have cleavage! :D I need to get another t-shirt bra to keep a good rotation. I only have two, one push-up, and the rest are unlined (great for Summer, but not great for my Summer wardrobe ).
    • Justine76
      Thank you so much April! 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Glad to hear it. Abby
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.