• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Weather-If You Could Choose

JJ

• Forum Moderator

Earlier I was thinking about how great it could be if we could choose the weather. That was followed rapidly by a deep gratitude that we can't. Talk about something to fight over!

not to mention think about a government run Bureau of Weather run along the lines of the post office. Our planet would be doomed as it flooded in Arizona- droughted in the breadbowl of Kansas and Nebraska. We'd end up with snow in Hawaii and heat in Alaska. Then there's the taxes. Your house and lawn and crops would be dry till you paid your rain tax.

Nope-wouldn't work.

But if you could control the weather what would you have it be like today??

After this heat wave I'd have it a crisp 65 with a light breeze and a big old thunderstorm this afternoon. It's a weekend and it isn't safe to dive in the lake-I once had a boat w/ a drunk driver pull up to my "diver down" bouy to look at it even though the law requires they know what it is an stay 100 ft away. Luckily I avoided being hit. On a weekday I'd need a little warmer weather-around 80 -so the diving still felt good-and that storm at night. I love storms.

Once in awhile I'd like a spell of cooler weather so the leaves turn and the fireplace feels good. A month of winter works for me. You know-lows in the 40s:D

JJ

Guest ChloëC

Supposedly here in the US, San Diego is supposed to have the most ideal weather. For a long time what I have wanted is to have a place in the mountains, and a place on or near a seacost in the south. SD could be a possibility but California surely isn't

I enjoy temperately warm weather (not 95F and 95% which is what Florida is most the summer). And at the same time, I enjoy brisk cold wintry mornings with fresh snow on the ground and blue sky above. I really enjoy skiing in the winter and sailing and lakes in the summer.

And actually last winter in southern Michigan was sort of unbelieveable. We only had two snowstorms of more than 1" (10 and 5) and they were within a week of each other in late January/early Feb, and then for practically all winter the temp stayed between 5 and 30. No extremes in the least and the first time I've ever experienced a winter 'up north' where it didn't get below 0. The snow stayed until mid March and disappeared. Except for 15+" of snow piled and drifted in my driveway, I loved it.

So, my ideal weather would be two places - one where there is snow on the ground, but only snows at night and is easily removed and the temp stays in the 20's for long periods (never colder than say, 10F), and someplace near a lake or ocean where the temp stays about 75-80 during the day and slips back to the low 60's at night.

Know of any place like those?

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Katrina Reann

Well I love snow, hate heat, and extreme cold. And although I love snow I hate driving on the snow and ice. So if I was in control of the weather today it would be 68 degrees and 6 inches of snow everywhere and on everything except the roads and paved areas. With plenty of sunshine and a few passing fluffy white clouds.

• Forum Moderator

So, my ideal weather would be two places - one where there is snow on the ground, but only snows at night and is easily removed and the temp stays in the 20's for long periods (never colder than say, 10F), and someplace near a lake or ocean where the temp stays about 75-80 during the day and slips back to the low 60's at night.

Know of any place like those?

Hugs

Chloë

Except for the rare summer like this one w/ heat indexes above 105 for days-you are describing the Ouachita mountains of Arkansas. We have from 6 to 8 months when the temps are in the 70s many days with cooler nights. Even on the hot summer days the temps are usually mid to lower 70s and upper 60s at night. Most years there are 2 months of winter with a snow or 2-not as much as you'd like but nobody drives on the snow. They just stay home for a day till it melts. School is called off when snow is PREDICTED -even an inch. Funny after living in Nebraska where some winter's there was never less than several inches of snow on the ground all winter.

Hugs

JJ

• Admin

I would like a place with four seasons (unlike L.A.) but one that lacks extremes of hot and cold, wet and dry.

The area around Flagstaff, Arizona seems pretty nice.

My ideal day is partly cloudy, high of 68 degrees, with a nice breeze. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

I love variety ...

I was in Hawaii a bit and though the weather was beautiful every day...I like change...

I like it cool at night that makes snuggling under the covers nice...

I like it warm enough in the day to ride a motorcycle...

I love to play in deep snow and throw snowballs at the dog...

I love thundershowers that last all day and keeps you in the house ....

I like lightning at night.....

I like straining to walk against a strong wind...

I love overcast days...

I love Sunny days....

I love a driving snowstorm and a warm fire....

Geez, I can't make up my mind!

Donna Jean

I'll take Seattle's weather. This year has been cold, but most are just right.

Today it's 66 degrees, but I'm doing my last manly project - putting a new roof on my shed. Perfect weather!

Washington weather is good because there are several climates in a small space - go west to the rainforests and the frigid coast, or go east to the mountain snows, or further to the hot and dry. In between is Seattle - not too hot, not too wet (most times), and not too cold.

I miss the huge thunderstorms of the east, but that's about the only weather that's lacking here.

I wish I could spread around my wealth of comfort to all of you - hopefully you'll have a beautiful fall!

Love, Kat

• Forum Moderator

I'm going to do my best to channel some of that cool air here today!

Maybe I should have moved to Washington-but you are so far from Disney World:D

Jj

Guest ShortyT

Sun and heat makes me uncomfortable and gives me headaches. I like it chilly. Of course, my airways do not, so when the weather is just right for me.. I get sick.

I guess a nice middle ground would be 15C, a cloud to cover the sun and a cool breeze.

Guest Aviannè_Annabella

6ft of snow year round, temps in the 20s at night and 50s at day, snow every night to replace the melt during the day.

Guest April63

SD could be a possibility but California surely isn't

What's that mean?

Growing up and living in San Diego has caused me to like the weather here for the most part. Sometimes it's too hot though. The biggest complaint I have is cold mornings and hot afternoons. I mean, you can't dress nicely for hot and cold at the same time!

• Forum Moderator

After reading the weathe forecast for the week I have changed my mind. I want to move to the Arctic circle!

Guest NatashaJade

I want the weather they have in the Pacific Northwest. After years of interminable sunshine, I would like to spend some time in the land where vampires don't sparkle :D

luv

Gin

Being a Colorado native I am used to the wonderful weather we have here. In the spring and fall you can expect to go from the 90s to snow in a couple of hours.

In the summer you can have a few 100+ days but most of the time it is in the 80s or 90s and will almost always drop down to the upper sixties at night.

In the winter there are plenty of days that get into the 50s and there is only a couple of times that you have any extended below zero. I would not want to give up my winter snowshoe hikes for anything. On a sunny hike it may be -10 or better and you end up taking off your outer layers because the humidity is so low and the sun warms you up.

The weather is what it is and is controlled by a force far greater than any country. I do feel that the actions of man have an impact on it at times but over all it is all up to nature. I would think it a horrible shame if we were to try to interfere with that. In our work with ecology we have seen the drastic changes in out environment when man steps in and tries to control the natural populations of animals while thinking he is doing the "right thing".

Besides if you make it nice in one area it will change the weather pattern for another.

Mia

Guest Donna Jean

>

Well, I just HATE being hot!

You can only take so much off....

When I'm down to my ankle bracelet I'm scared, because I realize that's the very last thing I have to remove..If that don't cool me off...Bleagh!

Not too happy about being cold either, but, at least you can wear some cute outfits...

Donna Jean

Guest Mrs. Miniver

I love a rain soaked Sunday that is cool, much like today, where I can sleep in and rise at my leisure. A day that I can pamper my myself all day long and spend some time on this forum with my friends. It's almost fall and it is a time when the cool crisp days and cold nights lend to my favorite time of year for fashion; turtleneck sweater dresses, long woolen coats and high heeled boots, scarves and stylish hats. I can't wait! The thought of it is just so yummy.

Love to all!

Greer

Guest ChloëC

April,

I meant by my SD remark - why does San Diego have to be in California? I've been to California a number of times - SD (at least 4 times), LA (from Santa Monica to San Bernardino and north of the San Gabriels - some day I'll tell you about my experience with Venice Beach), SF (from San Jose to Novato - both sides of the bay), Sacremento, Lake Tahoe. Prices are too high, you have to live way too far from anything, traffic is actually bad. I'm sure it's a lovely state for the residents but, give me the weather, not the location!

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Cowboy

Well, seeing as we are going on a record 48 days straight with over 90 degree temps down here in GA, im startin to appreciate winter a lot more.

My perfect weather:

A cool 75 degrees. Low humidity. Slight breeze, with just a few clouds in the sky.

Night temperatures drop into the mid 60s.

Not to hot, not to cold. Just right.

Guest 91curiouskitten

Mines simple lol, rain, booming thunder, teh kind that shakes the house and makes the power go out, pouring rain, middle of the night with no moon and thick clouds overhead. Thats my dream scene lol

I want the weather they have in the Pacific Northwest. After years of interminable sunshine, I would like to spend some time in the land where vampires don't sparkle biggrin.gif

luv

Gin

Hey Gin,

I was just in Twilight Town last Thursday. It was warm and sunny! Didn't see a sparkler anywhere, thank goodness. Went a few miles west to La Push, land of the werewolves, and it was the same cold gray fog we'd been in all week. Don't like the weather? just drive a few miles, it's different!

Love, Kat