• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Some Good Some Bad

Milly

So I just started training at this new job. I like it alot, everyone is super nice, the boss is very laid back. I think he's gay as well. Gives me a bit of a ground to stand on I suppose. The bad thing is this, just last night my brother dropped his feelings down on me. He said what I was doing is really weird, he doesn't like how giddy I am about scheduling an appointment for my therapy. He says there are always other choices I could make that don't weird him out. Whatever I guess. He's going to be moving out anyway. Guess I better get used to people telling me what I'm doing is weird.

Oh well, mom's gonna call the therapist this thursday to try and get it going. She volunteered after she heard my brother. She's been really supportive of me in terms of helping me. Makes me happy after that bombshell my bro gave me.

Guest Donna Jean

He says there are always other choices I could make that don't weird him out.

LOL....

Of course there are.....If this were about him....

Unfortunately, it's about YOU and what you need and not him!

Don't worry about him...this is about your life so make it about you...OK?

BTW..the new job seems good and maybe that boss is just a tad more understanding than others...But, are you sure that he's gay?

Huggs

Donna Jean

That's the funny part, I don't know for sure but even my mom was getting some serious vibes. His voice, his mannerisms and when he drove me home he had Dido playing :P I'm not sure to be honest but here's hoping hehe. I'd rather not push away my brother cause I love him alot but I need to do this so idk what to say if he can't be around me cause he thinks I'm weird.

• Forum Moderator

I'm so happy to hear about the job going well. And your mom being more supportive. Things sound so much better for you now.

As far as your brother-all you can do is tell him you aren't acting -you are being yourself and there is no choice. It's bound to be difficult for him-in time he may come around and adjust. But he has to work through his feelings first.

As long as you stay your true self he'll get used to it-maybe not a accepting as you'd like but at least so it doesn't bother him as much.

But the important thing is your positive feelings. Good to hear from you!

Hugs

JJ