• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Little About Me...

Guest Evie

Hi, I'm Evie. I joined this forum to meet new people, and to become more active in the TG community. I'm a 29 y/o M2F girl. I began gender therapy and HRT at age 19, and continued with transition until age 25. By then I had made a full social transition, working and attending college as a female. That was the happiest, most content time of my life. Around that time, my previously supportive SO became very critical and asked me to choose between our relationship and the expression of my identity. Mistakenly, I chose to remain in an unhappy marriage, mainly to be there for my daughter. I cut my hair short and stopped HRT for almost 3 years. Six months ago, my SO and I finally separated and filed divorce papers. Soon after our separation I began moving forward with my transition once again. Although I'm currently dealing with many complicated issues, I can at least find comfort in my freedom to be true to myself... Some people have had trouble understanding that being a female isn't just some choice I made on a whim. I am a woman to my core, and I have learned through experience that I cannot find happiness unless I'm able to express myself.

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Evie,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Hi Evie,

I am so glad that you came here to share your experiences with us and we will share ours with you.

You have had an interesting time with the pause in your transition - it must have seemed like your whole life was on hold, I know it did while I was trying to hold my marriage together but at least you were doing it for a good reason, your child was more important to you than yourself - that is a sign of great character.

In that spirit of love and caring I am going to invite you to have a seat and get all comfortable and please look over the forum rules while I get you our traditional greeting, some of my fresh baked cookies and some of Donna Jean's wonderful hot cocoa - would you like miniature marshmallows on yours?

As you hold the mug in both hands and raise it toward your face you will feel the warmth, that is not from the cocoa but from all of the loving and caring members here in the playground - as the morning finds its way to the others they will come to greet you too.

Welcome to our family.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Evie. I am glad you found the site and was willing to share yourself with us. I am currently married with kids myself and with a wife that doesn't want to discuss my GID. That being said I can understand where you are coming from with your ex-wife.

When you have a chance take a look at the terms and conditions located at the top of most pages. We are a moderated site and keep it pg-13.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts so if you have any questions or have any experiences you would like to share just post them and we will try to help.

Guest KimberlyF

OMG Evie!

Well first welcome to LP.

But I'm so sorry about your marriage. I know how bad we want these things to work and it had to take amazing strength and self-sacrifice for you to go from living full time to going back in the closet. It must have been so emotionally draining.

After numerous years on HRT and then almost 3 years off HRT I hope the long term damage from the T creeping back in was minimal.

I started hormones decades ago and stopped and then just started again a month ago. But the first time was illegal and this time it's legit. And with a doc doing the dosage I notice more real changes with just t-blockers than a longer time on who knows what level of estro.

Kim

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Evie...

Welcome to the Playground.

I'm Donna Jean

Sweetheart, I have to cringe at the thought of you cutting your hair and re-assimilating back to into the male world...

It must of taken a lot of courage to go that route to try to keep a relationship work...

Now you're on the correct path again and I wish you all the luck in the world...

It's so nice to meet you!

Huggs

Donna Jean

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Evie. We met last night, and I'm glad you took my suggestion to post here.

You will find Laura's to be a wonderful place full of caring and supportive people. We welcome all in the TG community, and have

members from all over the world.

I also want to thank you for your service to our country. You have my utmost respect. :)

Once you post five times, you will have access to all the forum features, including private messaging. We will always be here for you.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest ChloëC

Hi Evie

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

You certainly have gone through a lot. It's a shame about your marriage, because from my point of view, you gave a lot to keep it working, a lot more than others may have. That it still didn't work speaks to other issues. But the important thing is, you have your life back on track, and with that comes the peace you need to be able to deal better with all the other things life has to offer - and throw at you.

We're glad you're here to share, maybe to learn a little, too.

Hugs,

Chloë

Hi Evie,

Welcome to Laura's! Nice to have you join us. I am 52, and just started down this path a few short months ago. That must have been a wonderful experience in college! I can only imagine how it would have been, being female in that realm.

Please keep posting as you are comfortable in doing so.

Huggs,

Opal

Hi Evie,

Nice to have you on the forums. I think it is wonderful that you were able to first start at 19. Many of us, while knowing who we really were, were not able to start until much later. Your story with your wife is familiar with a lot of us. I stopped my first attempt to transition partly because of similar issues. Some of us are able to battle the rest of our lives pretending to be someone we are not but we can never be really true to ourselves. Now, 15 years after my first attempt, I found that I just could not ignore who I am any longer so have started transition once more. I have also found it much easier this time around.

There are a lot of people who just can't get it that what we do is not by choice but by being driven to be who we are. Who in their right mind would take our path if it were a choice? I think they just can't get beyond thinking that this has something to with kink.

I am going to have to get back over to chat someday. I was there once and found it hard to keep up with everything going on so I usually just hang out here where I can concentrate on one topic at a time.

Hugs

Mia

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Your support had definitely improved my outlook on things. It's strengthening to know that others have been through similar circumstances and have come out on the other side healthy and happy.

~Evie

Hi Evie and a warm welcome to our family here at Laura's!! Girl, you have

been through a lot, but am happy you are back on track in your journey.

I used to live in Marin so The City is my old stomping grounds and still one

of my favorite places in the world.

Looking forward to your posts and learning more about you!

Hugs, Miss Ricka