• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sweaters. Yay!

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The new catalogs are already showcasing their fall fashions.

One of my favorite types of clothing is sweaters. Gosh, I love them. :D

My favorites are turtle necks and cowl necks, and sweater sets too.

How about you?

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

YES!

You caught the right girl on this...

We have beautiful fall and winters here in Ohio and i LOVE sweaters!

I have a couple cashmier ones that are super soft and one has a faux fur collar....awesome...

And pullovers and turtlenecks..I have a red Alpine one....

I like summer, but "Sweater Weather" is for me!

Huggs

Donna Jean

I've always loved turtlenecks, but never had a sweater. However, I noticed a year or so ago, I had a sudden interest in them. Maybe this years, the year.

Guest sarah f

I hate the cold! Let me say that again, I really hate the cold but when it does get below 70 here I do love sweaters. This year will be different because I will be able to pick out some girl sweaters to wear all the time.

The only good thing about fall and winter is that you can wear womens clothes easier without anyone noticing.

Guest Donna Jean

The only good thing about fall and winter is that you can wear womens clothes easier without anyone noticing.

Exactly, Sarah!

I wore women's sweaters all last winter to work....

Although my girlfriend here, said that she did notice my "girls" through them be fore she knew about "Dee Jay"...

Oh my!

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Exactly, Sarah!

I wore women's sweaters all last winter to work....

Although my girlfriend here, said that she did notice my "girls" through them be fore she knew about "Dee Jay"...

Oh my!

Donna Jean

Well it was cold and you know what happens when it is cold. Peekaboo I see you. :lol:

Guest KimberlyF

Well it was cold and you know what happens when it is cold. Peekaboo I see you. :lol:

Just one more way boys and girls are different. It sure doesn't mean shrinkage.

Kim

• Admin

Last year I wore silk turtlenecks with my suits, and got nice comments on my new style. :rolleyes:

IDK about this year - my girls might be inclined to do the peekaboo thingy. That would be interesting. :P

Carolyn Marie

Well, this year it will just be a single turtleneck top that evaded my last purge, and a couple of Carhartt Hoodies. But that is OK, one never knows when something might show up.

Around here, 80 degrees is considered hot, zero is getting a bit nippy.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Cowboy

Well, this year it will just be a single turtleneck top that evaded my last purge, and a couple of Carhartt Hoodies. But that is OK, one never knows when something might show up.

Carhartt hoodies....

now that's my type of girl! biggrin.gif

• Forum Moderator

Now that I have moved from the frigid north-70 below zero wind chills are NOT fun-I look forward to fall and winter with warm soft sweaters. I've loved plain soft sweaters all my life.

And fur. Good thing my nutria bomber jacket is a man's jacket. I'll wear it with even more pleasure now.

By the way for any anti-fur people-nutria is a long haired giant rat and a ferocious, destructive pest. But they do have beautiful fur.:D

John

• Admin

nutria is a long haired giant rat and a ferocious, destructive pest. But they do have beautiful fur.:D

John

:blink: And they catch them how, exactly? Actually, I don't wanna know. I have possums

in my back yard some times - that's as close to giant rats as I want to get. :huh:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

FALL

YEAAAAA

Only three months away! We get our winter after Christmas Day.

But it is geTting cooler here! We have had four days of rain influenced by storms in the Gulf - hurricane rains we call them, gentle droplets at 20 MPH - but it's cooler, all week at under 90 degrees, 76 to 78 at night - so I slept under my blanket (not what you think - the AC is more efficient when it is under 95 outside and it can be nice at night with the AC actually working)

BUT

YES! Sweaters! And dresses to mid calf - scarfs - real dresses that cover our shoulders - and even coming soon, pantyhose and tights! We can get out the heels and put away the open sandals - and - best of all - we can wear full makeup and wear our hair down - no more 'dewey' episodes!

[And as JJ says - watch the headlights in the cooler weather!]

YEAAAA

Lizzy

Guest ChloëC

Sweaters, oh do they bring back memories of growing up. My mother made me (yes, knitted or whatever) a medium dark brown mohair sweater. Actually, I personally, deep down, thought it was wonderful looking. Problem was, I could not possibly wear it at age 13-16. When you're terribly unsure of your presenting gender (in this case, male) and so badly want to be accepted and are trying desperately to put those weird thoughts out of your head, the last thing you need at that moment is a fairly feminine looking sweater - soft and fuzzy and so warm looking. Probably would have had positive comments from the girls, but the guys? Ha! And I wish I had it now.

Another type of sweater I have always liked is boatneck style. Try finding those, these days! With what's available I happen to prefer V-neck or crew. I'll take a cardigan only if it looks 'today!' not reminds people of my grandfather's LaSalle. ;)

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Donna Jean

FALL

YEAAAAA

YES! Sweaters! And dresses to mid calf - scarfs - real dresses that cover our shoulders - and even coming soon, pantyhose and tights! We can get out the heels and put away the open sandals - and - best of all - we can wear full makeup and wear our hair down - no more 'dewey' episodes!

[And as JJ says - watch the headlights in the cooler weather!]

YEAAAA

Lizzy

Yes, Lizzy....

I'll finally get to wear some of the wonderful things that I bought this summer...including 2 BEAUTIFUL angora (agora?) sweaters....so, so soft....

I can't wait!

HUGGS!

Dee Jay

Guest Elizabeth K

:blink: And they catch them how, exactly? Actually, I don't wanna know. I have possums

in my back yard some times - that's as close to giant rats as I want to get. :huh:

Carolyn Marie

Simple - lure Nutria in the traps with artificial sugar - Nutria-sweet.

GRIN

Living in prime NUTRIA country - the answer is really simple. The local Cajun population traps and skins them, selling the fur. I don't wanna know what they do with the meat - I avoid the Cajun Country Restaurants that have specials on HOT SAUSAGE POORBOYS during hunting season!

Nutria look like a beaver except their tail looks like a rat tail. They were brought in originally from South America because they eat water hyacinth - a waterway clogging plant, and that plant was originally introduced from the Orient to prevent erosion of dirt banked levees. And the Nutria build their dens by boring into in the dirt bank levees and weakening them. The solution? Put an alligator or two in the water where Nutria habitate. Later trap the alligator (with the proper Federal permits) and skin them for alligator belts, purses, boots and women's dress heels. Alligator meat tastes like dark chicken meat and is really good with a sauce picante. Picante hunting season is fairly long so it's a good situation. Picante fur is not really that high of a quality, though, so there are some drawbacks in this bio-system.

Hope this clears up the mystery!

Lizzy

• Admin

Nothing like having one's thread hijacked by rats and alligators. :(

Thanks gang!

"Now, lets return to our regularly scheduled program..."

:lol:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Nothing like having one's thread hijacked by rats and alligators. :(

Thanks gang!

"Now, lets return to our regularly scheduled program..."

:lol:

Carolyn Marie

DANG - you wanted to KNOW how they capture the Nutria!

And have you ever tried to trap Angora? Crafty little creatures with pink fur ('though sometimes they are found in white) that hide under rocks until the cool weather arrives. Like the double humped camels they are easily identifed by their bumps (although usually from a 90 degree turned viewpoint)

They can often be seen in domestic conditions associated with embroidered poodles and socks named 'Bobby."

I hope this helps

Lizzy

• Forum Moderator

Just like my coat-only mine has a tiny bit longer fur-nutria looks a lot like natural mink

nutriacoat.jpg

A nutria in the wild-and BTW they are aggressive and will sometimes attack on sight.

nutria.jpg?w=550&h=338

Sorry about the confusion-but I do love the coat! And boots. And single color soft cashmere sweaters. And cool weather -with a fire in the fireplace. And the lawn all bedded down for the winter. And the winter birds back at the feeder. I LOVE fall!

John

Guest Cowboy

I had a friend in middle school. Kalvin. Cool dude. lol. but me and my friend sara always called him nutria.

that was our nickname for him. somehow it stuck, and became an official nickname til we graduated the 8th grade lol

Woooooo I can finally wear the sweater dress and the cool black sweater with the waist belt and the cool weird neck thingy I bought :D Not to mention my asymmetrical emo sweatshirt with stripes everywhere and my ever so loved purple converse sweatshirt that makes me snuggly comfy while still looking stylish! :D :D :D