• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Skinny Jeans : Boys Or Girls?

Guest Exeter

Guest Exeter

I have a question about skinny jeans. Which would accentuate my hips the least? Boys' jeans or girls' jeans? Or is there no difference?

I'm thinking about ordering some skinny jeans from Hot Topic, but I'm not sure if it's better to go with boys' or not. The biggest difference I can see is that the girls' jeans seem to be low rise, whereas the boys' ones are more 'normal'. Does this matter at all?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. :blush:

Guest ChalenAustin

If worse comes to worse you could orer both pairs and find an excuse to return the one that doesn't quite fit right.

Hope this helps- I like skinny jeans, too!

Guest ChloëC

In male jeans, a lot of brands offer different fits, classic, slim, casual or similar categories. I'd get male jeans if that's how you want to present, because the waist through thigh will probably give a more male look than women's (I've worn both and I love how women's hug the curves a little more).

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Exeter
I'd say go with the boys jeans. Girl's jeans are normaly made to complement curves more. Not sure about hottopic, but dogpile has awsome ones and they're made from 12oz fabric so they last forever.

Heres a link to the cheapest one they have right now, though it may not be in your size, they have similar ones for $10 more.

Yeah, I figured they would be more for curves. The hips always look more contoured even when you're not wearing them... plus the crotch region is smaller on most girls' jeans. :P The zip is always so short.

Thanks for the link, but Dogpile is a bit expensive for my allowance at this point, hehe. :blush:

In male jeans, a lot of brands offer different fits, classic, slim, casual or similar categories. I'd get male jeans if that's how you want to present, because the waist through thigh will probably give a more male look than women's (I've worn both and I love how women's hug the curves a little more).

Hugs

Chloë

Yeah, I'm thinking of getting the "stinger" fit at Hot Topic. (In males section) I think it probably will work out better. I've got some female ones already, so I guess I'll find out how it works.

Thanks, everyone. :D

Guest chngnwnd

The difference between the two is neglible. I have a pair of women's and men's skinny jeans. I pass as female equally well with both - and they both fit pretty much the same and make me look pretty much the same. The most important thing I think is to choose a masculine color in your case. There are certain color patterns that men just would not wear. You can't go wrong with black, though. Also, there is just about no difference in the crotch - think Spinal Tap for the reason...

hugs

Bobbi

Thats understandable, theyre the only pair of pants I bought and i'll end up not buying another until they dissinigrat.

And Bobbi, I think we shop at differnt stores, any guys pants I've seen generally has quite a bit more space in the crotch area and girls pants have a differnt cut completly.

• 7 months later...
Guest JordanRaeburn

Girls jeans look like they have a lower rise because they don't give extra room in the crotch like mens jeans for your junk. You definitely have to go with mens or boys jeans if you want to pass best. Guys don't need to wear girl jeans now that we have more options. I only wear mens skinny jeans. Levi's 511 skinny jeans are my favorite. I also have some 510 super skinny's that are really tight. Tho I prefer the looseness of the 511's.

• 2 months later...
Guest Tasha_A

I think it would be best if you got guys jeans, as several people said above, girls jeans place a focus on curves which would distract from masculinity. I had the exact opposite problem but it turns out girls jeans fit me better anyway. If you're not to sure about what size or style to get, try buying a cheaper pair first so if you do buy the wrong ones for you, you haven't just lost £40-£70. Have fun finding your new jeans, I did. lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest insanitylives

mens skinny jeans are cut looser typically,

Elena, no.Womens low-rise pants have almost no zipper in them, where as 'normal" mens jeans have a USEABLE zipper with USABLE pockets.

/strongly dislikes womens pants

Guest JeanVier

I recommend the men's jeans--

The zipper is longer, they have real pockets (as insanitylives said), and, a major difference-- back pockets in mens and womens pants are completely different: womens back pockets are smaller and cut to sit on the curve of the bottom, to accentuate a lady's curve, while mens back pockets are wider and longer, going from the bottom down onto the back of the leg, as most men don't want/have curve to draw attention to.

-JV

Guest JesseY

I'd say guys' skinny jeans hide your hips more. I've found that the two main differences between men's and women's skinny jeans are make and fit: Girls' skinny jeans often have a lot more lycra spandex added, while guys' don't have that, and on a similar note, skinny pants designed for women are fitted to practically cling to the skin -- hence making you look more curvy -- while men's are slim but not as tightly fitted. In general, the trick to hiding hips, it seems, is wearing pants that make a straight line from your hips to your angles. Otherwise, if the pants cling too closely, your hips end up looking too prominent.