• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just The T Without The Lgb

Guest Melissa 67

Guest Melissa 67

I started classes a little while ago for the fall semester. Anyway, at this college like most they have an LGBT/Pride alliance group. I was thinking of starting a group for only Trans-sexuals, and the LGB's can go do their own thing. I do not have anything in common with gays or lesbians and am sick and tired of being clumped together in the same group as they are. I realize some trans-sexuals are gay, but that's a seperate issue; if they want to join up with LGBT then thats good for them. Just to be clumped together in the same group for no good reason seems rediculous to me.

Melissa 67

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Paula ult

• Sakura

• Carolyn Marie

Guest therisa

I understand your frustration, Melissa, concerning the lack of understanding of the other members, within what I call, the Alphabet Community. But isolating ourselves, is not the answer, to this problem. Being visible and vocal are the only way, to educate people, about our own unique issues.

Guest AshleyRF

And we are sick of having (the Transgendered Community) [possible personalized criticisms were edited out]clumped with (the GLB Community). Having the T involved with LGB rights has done nothing but damage the chances of the LGB community being accepted into the society of normal people. {Personal statement about the TG Community edited out as too inflamatory].

I am a proud member of the LGB community. It is one of the few places I have ever felt that I belonged and have felt far more welcome amongst them (especially the lesbian community and I'm not even lesbian but rather bisexual) than I ever did the Ts. It's strange that looking back on it, when I first began this transition, I felt the exact same way as you do. I thought it was the LGB community that was the enemy.. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong. The T community should be thankful that the lGB community would even consider having them grouped with them.

The thing is, even though within the LGB community there are tremendous differences, they all tend to get along with one another just fine. The same can not be said with the T community. The T community is so full of people with elitist attitudes and group segregation that it is no wonder they fail to become accepted by the society of normal people. You have post ops thinking they are better than pre ops, you have transsexuals who don't want to be grouped with anyone considered just "transgendered", you have a mass majority of transsexuals who can't stand crossdressers, you have those than think the "she-male" or "lady-boy" community are not really transsexuals/transgendered, you have those that think they pass flawlessly act like they are so much better than those who obviously do not pass, you have those of the IS community who feel they are the only "real" transgendered people and the the only ones who really have any viable reason to transition, you have the straight transsexual community thinking the lesbian/bi transsexual community are not real transsexual women but rather suffer from this completely made up term of "autogynophilia". Really? Where does that even come from? To think being a woman is sexy? Hmn.. I've asked several GG women how they feel about the same subject and they all say "yes, I think being a woman is sexy". {Is anyone} [possible personal reference edited out] saying that GGs also suffer from autogynophilia? The reverse of this is also true. You have the lesbian/bi trans community thinking that the straight trans community are only gay men who have something personal against homosexuality and cannot accept that that is what they really are, a homosexual man.

[Large section on self medication justification and on sources was edited out]

The segregation and elitism within the T community is rampant. I'm not saying that all transgendered people are like this but a lot of them are. A lot of them have their own ideas of what is and isn't transgendered. I've been in and out of the T community since I was around the age of 18. That age was the first time I thought seriously that I could actually transition and so I started looking into it further and finding all the information I could. What I found was that there was so much bickering and turmoil amongst the trans community and so much hate, jealousy, and elitist attitudes amongst the individual sects of the trans community that you could never find any real information or help. Even here everyone just tells people what they want to hear. [section on treatment of some members by Laura's Playground by other members was edited out as too inflamatory]

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough about this. [Personalized criticism was edited out]. You should look further into this. Even go further with it I think. Good luck.

Guest KimberlyF

As much as I wish there were T sep from LGB because even as an L, people still the T is about sex. I had a very supportive woman tell me it's what's inside that matters and sexual orientation doesn't decide her friends. And I wanted to scream. So the I have to tell her as nicely as I can because it's not her fault that she doesn't know the difference. That's not the message being put out on Jerry Springer type shows.

But there aren't enough of us to be heard in a small group so we have a better chance of being understood and laws protecting us if we grab on to the bigger group.

Melissa,

What follows is my opinion only:

Actually i believe transsexuals should be seperate from the T in LGBT, however we need them to help us get the rights we deserve, my local group meets at the local LGBT center, last year and this year i am on our Pride planning committee, and was asked to be on their board, i will be the first from the trans community, the leaders, at least here realize they would not have the rights they currently have if it was not for the Stonewall Riots in in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

From what i have seen the (T)ransgender community seems to shoot itself in the foot due to in fighting between the groups, crossdressers, intersex, transvestites, transsexuals, etc., and even within each group, if you have been around long enough you will know what i mean.

Here the groups are called GSA's (gay straight alliance), they are a mixture of gay, trans and straight, in your T only group, are you going to include those under the transgender umbrella or only trans, if only trans you might be the only member.

I consider myself bi, but it depends on what others think we are, they may say we are gay, lesbian, bi or what ever box they want to put us in, if i am with a woman, people that do not know us might call us lesbian, or those that know me might see us as straight, if i am with a guy those that do not know us might say that is a nice couple, those that know us might see me as gay, it is all in others perception and upbringing, i hate boxes.

Paula

• Forum Moderator

Forming a separate group for trans does not preclude still being in an LGBT group. It does give you a chance to discuss our very different issues. We are allied with them for the purpose of achieving greater awareness and legislative protection. There are some very fundamental differences between the rest of the group and the trans community-if we are to participate we need to adjust to and accept those differences. Because of stereotyping and general misconceptions the basic difference of sexual orientation being the focus of of the group is particularly difficult for trans.

And I disagree with Ashley that we are just telling people what they want to hear although there is often a strong emphasis on including any positives apparent in a reply to a post. We are often dealing with people on the edge of despair-or mired in it. Slapping them in the face with an unpalatable truth is NOT going to accomplish anything except exascerbating the pain. That is not how you handle a situation like that. I have seen -and often-difficult truths told to people here. But done with tact and sensitivity. Within that passing post are often buried more concrete suggestions and realistic views. Sometimes things are stated a little too much "You look great" standard answer. But not always. and the motives are good. After awhile people recognize those poss and react to them accordingly. Encouragement -the "you can do it" thing is not the same. Because people CAN do it. Can get through. We all have.

As far as self medicating-okay so you are are careful adult who has reasoned this through and are under the care of a physician. Do you really want to gamble with the health and lives of others who come on and are not likely be that carefull? Do you really believe that underage kids have the resources to pursue your way? If Dr.s are so reluctant to administer these powerful drugs do you really advocate making information available to people to obtain and self administer them? Particulary among those desperae to stop the progression of puberty?

Finally -you may see elitist attitudes within our community but here on Laura's I have not. I have never seen this level of acceptance anywhere. But I have heard lesbians bashing gays and gays bashing lesbians in the world at large. And complaining about the inclusion of bi. It's human nature. If you have not encountered it you have been lucky or not seeing what was there.

Our situation is difficult enough -we need to concentrate on what we can accomplish and ways to improve our lives.

JohnJ

Guest Melissa 67

Melissa,

What follows is my opinion only:

Actually i believe transsexuals should be seperate from the T in LGBT, however we need them to help us get the rights we deserve, my local group meets at the local LGBT center, last year and this year i am on our Pride planning committee, and was asked to be on their board, i will be the first from the trans community, the leaders, at least here realize they would not have the rights they currently have if it was not for the Stonewall Riots in in 1969.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_riots

From what i have seen the (T)ransgender community seems to shoot itself in the foot due to in fighting between the groups, crossdressers, intersex, transvestites, transsexuals, etc., and even within each group, if you have been around long enough you will know what i mean.

Here the groups are called GSA's (gay straight alliance), they are a mixture of gay, trans and straight, in your T only group, are you going to include those under the transgender umbrella or only trans, if only trans you might be the only member.

I consider myself bi, but it depends on what others think we are, they may say we are gay, lesbian, bi or what ever box they want to put us in, if i am with a woman, people that do not know us might call us lesbian, or those that know me might see us as straight, if i am with a guy those that do not know us might say that is a nice couple, those that know us might see me as gay, it is all in others perception and upbringing, i hate boxes.

Paula

In response to your question I only wanted to have a group with only trans-sexuals in it; including everybody listed under the transgender unbrella who'd be defeating my purpose because I don't wish to, I don't want to sound rude or have anybody think Im trying to talk bad about them but I'm sure you know what I'm saying, however I heard you say that if I did that I would probably be the only one in the group. So I guess it might not be such a good idea, or maybe I should go and see how much support I could get out there for this idea first.

Melissa 67

Also, Ashley RF was saying that when she looked to the trans-sexual community to get answers she would not get the same answere twice . Everybody had a different idea about issues pertaining to transitioning, and no one agrees on anything. She said when she tryed to get a truthfull response out of somebody, all she would get was answers designed to make her feel good/ basically a bunch of crap. I've expierenced the same stuff and can't stand it. It's not very helpful to have people lye to me. No matter how much they think it might hurt my feelings.

Guest ChloëC

ok, I'm going to do what I don't like, and try to hijack this thread.

What is really sad here is all the suggestions on how we can be divisive and exlusionary instead of being inclusive and welcoming. It's like, I don't like you cuz you're excluding me, so I'll show you, I'll exclude you.

I would much more like to see, how can we be inclusive. If I were a 'straight' gay-bashing politician or supporter, I would love to read this thread. Goes to show you, that 'they' can't even get together themselves, why should we do anything for 'them'.

People, getting into smaller and smaller groups just isn't going to work. Doesn't anything in history (a bad ol' word, huh) ring a bell? Groups didn't get what they wanted by being smaller and more insignficant, they did it by joining up and showing they were a force to be reckoned with.

So, what can we all do to be inclusive?

Maybe stop bashing somebody else for what we do ourselves, for being (horrors!) Different! Maybe listen to each other and see what we have in common - like a tremendous amount of intolerance from the straight community. Like laws that give us little to no protection. Like supposedly educated people that don't have a clue as to the differences and needs in and of the community.

There, of course, is a solution, but it would take an awful lot of dedication and work and...time. And most people want results in 22 minutes or less (TV has done that to us). Go about your lives, even in stealth, and get appointed, get elected, get selected to groups and committees and organizations and the body politic and push however slightly for more acceptance. 10 million or more pushers for acceptance might do a lot more than a couple of hundred shouters with immediate demands for immediate results who also demand that anyone not fully aligned with their agenda should get lost. That's the work and time part. Only problem with that is that as people climb that ladder of authority, they often more and more forget where they came from, and what they were originally about. That's the dedication part. Gee, people like Barney Frank did it. It's not impossible. And the results to future generations (see, again, time) would be more than worth it.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Jean Davis

Seems to me that there is a misunderstanding here that needs to be addressed.

What many of you don't understand is that for most people the transgender community is seen as homosexual. Any way you hash this out there is going to be someone that is going to see you as gay, infact there is only one way to get away from this and that is not to transition and continue being with the opposite gender.

So with knowing that we are forever part of the LGB community in the eyes of the rest of the world. I for one am proud to stand with them as there are many wonderful people involved and we are all looking for the same goal. That goal being the end of discrimination and the freedom to be who we are meant to be.

Remember, the more voices we have the more power and influence we have to make change. If one wants to slow the progress we have made all one has to do is split us up and we will soon be at a stand still. Together we stand divided we fall.

LUV

Jean

Guest Selene Lavelle

All I can say is wow wow and another wow.

So I know how you feel Melissa and as I read your argument I sided with you but then I read the points that Ashley made and the flaws came flying out.

Reading this discussion was very intense and made me think to myself.

First off, everyone forgets the T in LGBT. I've had a few people ask me "what's the T stand for?". This of course is a slap to the face but when I tell them what it is they were like "ohh!!"; A eureka moment if you will. Very interesting and always makes me giggle.

Secondly, if every single "faction" stood by itself... well, then no faction would be standing whatsoever. I hate to put it all militaristically but it sort of fits.

As for the LGB community turning away the T community... that's something that we can do nothing about. We can only change ourselves, not others.

As for the seperatists in the T community... I've seen it quite often. It exists.

The solution to life is not to be exclusive but inclusive.

Are you going to turn down an ally just because they're cisgendered and straight?

Also people really need to stop looking at gender and sexual orientation as unrelative to each other. I like girls. I'm transgender MtF. I don't want to be a lesbian but I turn out to be. So what am I going to do? I'm just going to take the label and run with it. Why not? Capitalize off of what you can.

I started classes a little while ago for the fall semester. Anyway, at this college like most they have an LGBT/Pride alliance group. I was thinking of starting a group for only Trans-sexuals, and the LGB's can go do their own thing. I do not have anything in common with gays or lesbians and am sick and tired of being clumped together in the same group as they are. I realize some trans-sexuals are gay, but that's a seperate issue; if they want to join up with LGBT then thats good for them. Just to be clumped together in the same group for no good reason seems rediculous to me.

Melissa 67

Hi Melissa,

I am assuming you wish to start a college-recognized organization. Believe that would involve a Dean of Student Affairs office or similar.

At one time there was good reason to have the various groups join in an Alliance in the political clout the Alliance obtained. Perhaps in your area, such an Alliance no longer serves well for political means. However, for anti-LGBT groups, divide and conquer is a strategy they may use.

Within the Trans-community, those that transition early in life and can easily 'pass' all of the time usually have less of a desire or need to associate with either an LGBT group or a Trans group.

Being where I live, the percentages of the LGBT world who stay in the closet are much higher, higher to the point that the area college has trouble maintaining an ongoing LGBT organization, much less separate LGB and Trans groups.

Anyway, want to wish you the best in College and good luck to you in establishing an organization on campus.

Huggs,

Opal

Guest therisa

What people forget, it was the Transcommunity, which started the push for Gay Rights, with the "Compton's Cafe Riot", in San Fran during August 1966, three years before Stonewall. Yet history has forgotten our role, in it. Simply, because we segrated ourselves, into armed camps that will voilently attack anyone, whom has a differing opinion on the matter. I have seen it here, within Toronto's Transcommunity, when I was a member of a group that tried to get anyone, who has been living full time, in the gender of their choose, designated as that gender on their legal documents. Bringing together all elements that create our community. Sadly, the Ontario Minister of Health, whom is was a gay man, at that time, stalled and delay us, until our committee got too frustrated and gave up.

• Forum Moderator

Quite a hot button topic. Of course in the real world-not here on LP-we are fractured. there are only a few of us who can -or will-stand up and be vocal. Otherwise we are often a group who doesn't want anyone to see that we are there as individuals. No one strives to pass in any other group No one in the other groups seeks to leave all vestiges of their past identity behind and fade into the general population. We have very real differences from the rest of the Alliance that causes problems from both directions. Who else in the LGBT community requires therapy and surgical treatment as a standard of care? But that doesn't mean that we should not be alligned. Just that there are basic diferences in our approaches because there are basic differences in our siuations. We need to be more visible-more vocal but the very nature of being trans in today's society makes addressing those needs incredibly complicated.

As far as people saying things in posts just to make you feel better. What they are saying is I tool the time to read your post and reply even though I don't have an answer for you. There are other support groups and other forums where you will get the blunt and sometimes brutal truth if that is what you seek. We help as we can and at least try to let people know we care even when we can't help. That isn't lieing to you.

So yes, I believe we must continue our alliance. We don't have a voice without them but we need to be aware of why this is difficult for everyone concerned.

And I will coninue to let people know when I have read a post and care about the poster even if I have no answers. Sometimes there are no answers and I will as well tell the truth even if it is a hard truth.

JohnJ

Guest KimberlyF

It seems every faction has splinter groups and infighting.

I will always be Trans first and Lesbian second. Trans defines who I am. L defines who I'm attracted to. The one is so much more powerful in my life than the other. I remember when I was first on AOL chat rooms when AOL first started and I was trying to find friends and figure all this out, I'd tell people I was TS and once or twice I'd have another TS tell me sure I was...everybody is. Meaning I was obviously lying to myself and not a real TS.

During that same time I found dozens of lesbians who told me either I'd never be female or a lesbian and some would just leave a room or not talk to me.

One of the first people I came out to a few months ago is a lesbian who's politically active on state and fed issues. The first thing she did was appoligize for the hate she sees among some gays and lesbians toward T people. It doesn't phase me cause I have run into Gs who also hate Ls and G&Ls who think B's are full of crap, and Ls who think Gs are just drama queens. But none of these people are the majorities since it's still LGBT in so many places.

A lot of these people need to ask themselves if they want equal rights, or just equal rights for me?

The reason I like the theory behind a strong national T group regardless of sexual orientation is to help get our message out and push our issues instead of always feeling like the third wheel and hoping some scraps fall our way.

Kim

Guest AshleyRF

Yet another bit of censorship from our lovely mods here. My point on self medication was very well written and very well thought out and in all honesty was a very valid point and reason for condoning it in a case such as mine. My degree of self medicating is of course not the same as what I believe many of you are worried about as.

No, I do not condone a minor just buying up whatever drugs they think they need and taking whatever amounts they think to transform themselves into a different gender. That would be very dangerous... All I'm saying is that there are some instances where it is a viable choice and as long as that person is not an incompetent person and they are taking the precautions needed to assure their own health and safety, then no, it should not be a problem I would forever back someone who is in my or a similar situation in their quest to self medicate. I had prescriptions... they were not effective enough in me so I did what I had to do to get the results I desire. There is NOTHING wrong with that. No where in that paragraph did I mention the dosages that I am currently taking and it is a well known FACT that Androcur is far better at reducing testosterone than Spiro.

Self medicating isn't something that just anyone should do and anyone considering it should really do the research on it and still have a physician to check them out frequently. I just get sick of the holier than thou attitude that comes from the scriptors versus the selfers.... it's completely ridiculous and yet another example of the elitist attitudes within the trans community.

18). Users may not discuss how to obtain hormones without a prescription or their specific dosages of hormones nor encourage the taking of non-prescription drugs. ie. herbal hormones

The taking of hormones without being under a doctor's supervision is a very dangerous thing to do.

Just a reminder of this very important rule.

Enforcement of rules is not censorship, it is necessary, they are there for a reason and this one has a very good reason!

Read Laura's Biography and ask yourself again about self medicating!

Rule 18 is to keep others from having the same experiences, a little research on the Internet does not equal years of medical training - I have read about the SRS surgery and studied the pictures carefully but I am not going to try it myself or offer the advice that anyone else should - it is far too dangerous.

A little more discretion is required, I am very glad that your self prescribing has not harmed you apparently, I hope that you do not have any complications from it later in life but i will continue to advise against it because the risks are just too great and completely avoidable.

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

Ashley,

The problem is this is a public forum where, whether you give dosages or not, your statements influence people. People who are desperate . Who'll say if she did it I can too and just leave off all the checks and balances you had. That's why you can't advocate self-medicating in a public forum. Because though you say and stress "only do it this way"-people will brush aside that part. Only hear what they want to. Only remember that it worked for you. And someone could die. Very dramatic statement but unfortunately true.

That is the bottom line. I'm not one of those "I got mine legally" elitists-I'm one of those "can't take it because I can't afford the therapy" etc people. I know how that feels and I still would never PUBLICLY advocate illegal use. Ever.

JohnJ

Guest therisa

It seems every faction has splinter groups and infighting.

I will always be Trans first and Lesbian second. Trans defines who I am. L defines who I'm attracted to. The one is so much more powerful in my life than the other. I remember when I was first on AOL chat rooms when AOL first started and I was trying to find friends and figure all this out, I'd tell people I was TS and once or twice I'd have another TS tell me sure I was...everybody is. Meaning I was obviously lying to myself and not a real TS.

During that same time I found dozens of lesbians who told me either I'd never be female or a lesbian and some would just leave a room or not talk to me.

One of the first people I came out to a few months ago is a lesbian who's politically active on state and fed issues. The first thing she did was appoligize for the hate she sees among some gays and lesbians toward T people. It doesn't phase me cause I have run into Gs who also hate Ls and G&Ls who think B's are full of crap, and Ls who think Gs are just drama queens. But none of these people are the majorities since it's still LGBT in so many places.

A lot of these people need to ask themselves if they want equal rights, or just equal rights for me?

The reason I like the theory behind a strong national T group regardless of sexual orientation is to help get our message out and push our issues instead of always feeling like the third wheel and hoping some scraps fall our way.

Kim

Kimberly, your posting covers most of my feelings, in regard, to my gender and sexual orientation. Sadly, people will see and believe what they want to. I had similar experiences with Lesbians here.

Guest abbxrdy

And we are sick of having (the Transgendered Community) [possible personalized criticisms were edited out]clumped with (the GLB Community). Having the T involved with LGB rights has done nothing but damage the chances of the LGB community being accepted into the society of normal people. {Personal statement about the TG Community edited out as too inflamatory].

OMG! I don't see how tacking 'T' on to the LGB has had any negative effect at all. Power increases with number, if anything this has been a symbiotic relationship.

Give it a shot if you feel like you need to do that. Not sure how effective it will be, I suspect you'll be holding meetings by yourself a lot. There aren't very many transgender people to begin with. If there was such a group at my college I wouldn't attend because I'd be scared to death people would find out I attended.

The T community is so full of people with elitist attitudes and group segregation that it is no wonder they fail to become accepted by the society of normal people. You have post ops thinking they are better than pre ops, you have transsexuals who don't want to be grouped with anyone considered just "transgendered", you have a mass majority of transsexuals who can't stand crossdressers, you have those than think the "she-male" or "lady-boy" community are not really transsexuals/transgendered, you have those that think they pass flawlessly act like they are so much better than those who obviously do not pass, you have those of the IS community who feel they are the only "real" transgendered people and the the only ones who really have any viable reason to transition, you have the straight transsexual community thinking the lesbian/bi transsexual community are not real transsexual women but rather suffer from this completely made up term of "autogynophilia".

Unfortunately this is all extremely true and I've seen it all on internet chat and on web forums. I'm actually afraid to go on IRC in transgender channels because I've been ripped to shreds a million times. It's not much fun to have people tell you that your situation isn't real just because you aren't shoving hormones down your throat, running around in public wearing girl clothes and banking money for a trip to Thailand. The next time someone on chat demands I dump my entire life history in a little text box as "proof" that I'm transgender I will explode. Last time I was on chat a girl mentioned that she was excited about starting a new semester in college, she was going to present as female at school from now on. She said something to the extent "womanhood begins". Another person on the channel corrected her by saying, "no, womanhood begins after SRS". <_<

Guest Elizabeth K

Wow

This topic is so often hijacked! How did it get back to self-medicating again? Simply put, Laura Amato's intent is clear here - self medication is to be discouraged, and ALWAYS discouraged. She herself carries a legacy of pain and suffering because of self medicating.

YES - some people make a case on a personal level. YES- self medication turned out okay for them, but as JJ said? As Sally said? research on proper self medication perimeters is never adequate, when up against medical supervision. People only read that part they want to see on self medication - "she did it so I can too"

I personally insist advocating self-medication is wrong and clearly against the rules for discussion here. I do not understand what part of that statement people do not understand.

And the topic - getting back to that (sorry to unhijack this) I live in a larger city, one with a good representation of Gay-Lesbian-Bi-Trans-Questioning etc... sure - there is infighting and cross-purpose manuvering! We are a diverse group, after all. I am active in the GLBT here - in the PFLAG here, and I plan to be active in the Forum for Equality. The bottom line?

It's all a work in progress.

Finally - yes! We are seen as expressing a sexual orientation, even when it is 99% GENDER, that is our focus. It is true inside and out of the GLB Community - always they ask, "What is your sexual orientation?" - VERY frustrating. That misconception is one of the major problems we in the trans community MUST address - BUT...

People eventually listen. They may never completely understand (only the trans community does that - instantly as a matter of fact.

What we can strive for though - an understanding of the prejudice we face. What we face is almost exactly that which the GLBQ people face. We have to face it as a united front because... well... the trans community is so very small. I went to a PFLAG meeting and made the statement to one of the guys on the board, a self acknowedged gay man, that the ration of people like him to people like me was at least a thousand to one. He was upset at that, then realized that statement was probably close to the truth.

Our very rarity as a group makes us need someone to align with - a bigger group - one with a good track record. GLB'T'Q- that's how I see it.

And the kicker? Like our doctors, our pharmacists, our families, our friends? WE HAVE TO EDUCATE THE the GLBQ on what we really are and what we face in our lives. DANG - tough job - but someone has to do it!

GRIN

Lizzy

Sorry to interrupt but could someone point me in the right direction as to what happened with Laura and self medicating I can't seem to find it and am very worried about myself. I have been doing ,this myself even though I know its dangerous. I have been seeing a doc but I am still worried.

i have had gay friends . in the past,and . am not apposed to the idea of having them in the future. i just don't want to be lumped in with them. group wise. i am not gay or lesbien or bisexual . their causes are valid. but their/your fight is not my own . i can identify with being lgb . about as much ,as i can identify with being a horse. which is very little. that's not saying that. i wouldn't fight for a friend that is gay or lesbien , but fighting for a group that. a size able chunk hates me, for what. i am , and alot of them hate with blind bigotry on par with any white suprimasist . i have ever met . seems like a fools erand to me . i don't beg for anything let alone the table scraps from any ones plate .

but alot can be said about the T also. in the lgb each social group has its own letter, but the T . has dozens of groups. and each radically different from the other. all squeezed . into a letter. even some of the residue form the G and L is in our . letter. meaning drag queens, and kings . its no wonder , every one is confused . or there is so much infighting. even further division amongst the acronyms. in TS you have SRS vs non-op, CD fetish vs hobby . post ops vs pre ops . the list goes on and on . we confuse each other so much. how do we ever expect . any one else to get us. i remidy it by doing what i sat out to do in the first place..... be the gender. i should have been from the start. i'm not defined. by my status in the group. TS. is my medical history. nothing more . my goal is not to be a transsexual . and i don't want to live, in a world of perpetual transition. i see transition as a phase. a training ground if you will. learning what i will need to go from male to female. in the end i guess i see it as i am in transition. transition from T to W

Sakura

Guest Elizabeth K

Sorry to interrupt but could someone point me in the right direction as to what happened with Laura and self medicating I can't seem to find it and am very worried about myself. I have been doing ,this myself even though I know its dangerous. I have been seeing a doc but I am still worried.

She is private about much of it. She was wheelchair bound after a job related accident. she later had strokes and heart attacks, which is where the self medication was instumental. It is not detailed - but look at her biography:

http://www.lauras-playground.com/bio.htm

You could try a private message. She gets hundreds, sometimes thousands a day, so it is 'iffy' that she will be able to reply.

I hope this helps

Lizzy

She is private about much of it. She was wheelchair bound after a job related accident. she later had strokes and heart attacks, which is where the self medication was instumental. It is not detailed - but look at her biography:

http://www.lauras-playground.com/bio.htm

You could try a private message. She gets hundreds, sometimes thousands a day, so it is 'iffy' that she will be able to reply.

I hope this helps

Lizzy

Thank you so much for the reply Lizzy. I have read her bio and see what you are talking about. Though I don't see anything about her doing hormones on her own. I'll defiantly have to try to pm her if I can manage to get it to work.

Thank you again

Love,

Kalie

Guest AshleyRF

i have had gay friends . in the past,and . am not apposed to the idea of having them in the future. i just don't want to be lumped in with them. group wise. i am not gay or lesbien or bisexual . their causes are valid. but their/your fight is not my own . i can identify with being lgb . about as much ,as i can identify with being a horse. which is very little. that's not saying that. i wouldn't fight for a friend that is gay or lesbien , but fighting for a group that. a size able chunk hates me, for what. i am , and alot of them hate with blind bigotry on par with any white suprimasist . i have ever met . seems like a fools erand to me . i don't beg for anything let alone the table scraps from any ones plate .

but alot can be said about the T also. in the lgb each social group has its own letter, but the T . has dozens of groups. and each radically different from the other. all squeezed . into a letter. even some of the residue form the G and L is in our . letter. meaning drag queens, and kings . its no wonder , every one is confused . or there is so much infighting. even further division amongst the acronyms. in TS you have SRS vs non-op, CD fetish vs hobby . post ops vs pre ops . the list goes on and on . we confuse each other so much. how do we ever expect . any one else to get us. i remidy it by doing what i sat out to do in the first place..... be the gender. i should have been from the start. i'm not defined. by my status in the group. TS. is my medical history. nothing more . my goal is not to be a transsexual . and i don't want to live, in a world of perpetual transition. i see transition as a phase. a training ground if you will. learning what i will need to go from male to female. in the end i guess i see it as i am in transition. transition from T to W

Sakura

I feel exactly the same as you except I don't have anything really in common with the T community. I love my GLBs though.