• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just The T Without The Lgb

Guest Melissa 67

Yeah me personally I just say SRS or sex change. I mean it really doesn't have to do with me being crass about it. More about me having to spit something out in one our many very short 2 minute breaks between customers. Got alot of rednecks that run through our gas station so don't want any drama with that :P just spit it out to my friends and move on.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JJ

• Paula ult

• Sakura

• Carolyn Marie

I do not have anything in common with gays or lesbians

...other than discrimination, not being taken seriously in the public eye, employment issues, marriage law conflicts, military service issues, hospital visitation rights, sponsorship of foreign significant others for citizenship, that fact that millions of people think we're one and the same, insurance issues, inheritance of loved one's estate issues, family issues, adoption issues, divorce protections, tax issues, risk of being hurt or killed in a hate-crime......and on....and on....and on...................

But other than that, yeah I can see how the two groups are totally seperate. <_<

Guest Melissa 67

...other than discrimination, not being taken seriously in the public eye, employment issues, marriage law conflicts, military service issues, hospital visitation rights, sponsorship of foreign significant others for citizenship, that fact that millions of people think we're one and the same, insurance issues, inheritance of loved one's estate issues, family issues, adoption issues, divorce protections, tax issues, risk of being hurt or killed in a hate-crime......and on....and on....and on...................

But other than that, yeah I can see how the two groups are totally seperate. <_<

I wasn't talking about protection against hate crimes or political issues. I still look pretty much like a guy know even thought I'm beginning to transition to become a women. I lke women not men, so I consider myself straight. My therapists says that might change with the hormones and I will start being interested in men. If that does happen I will then continue to be straight because I would of transitioned to be a women by that time and like men instead of women. But even if it didn't happen that way, I stil have nothing in common with them. As far as the hate crimes and all the politically charged issues, I can deal with those myself. As far as you kelise, you look great in that profile picture. So the only reason why people would think your trans is if you told them.

Melissa 67

Guest Melissa 67

I wasn't talking about protection against hate crimes or political issues. I still look pretty much like a guy know even thought I'm beginning to transition to become a women. I lke women not men, so I consider myself straight. My therapists says that might change with the hormones and I will start being interested in men. If that does happen I will then continue to be straight because I would of transitioned to be a women by that time and like men instead of women. But even if it didn't happen that way, I stil have nothing in common with them. As far as the hate crimes and all the politically charged issues, I can deal with those myself. As far as you kelise, you look great in that profile picture. So the only reason why people would think your trans is if you told them.

Melissa 67

To add to this I fully realize that some M-F- trans-sexuals,even before transitioning, even though they are interested in people of the opposite sex they still consider themselves to be lesbians because they see themselves as women. Of course this is true that we see ourselves as women even before transstioning. Despite the fact that I like women, I don't consider myself gay. If I still like women after I've fully transitioned then I'll consider myself gay. But I don't know what effect the hormones will have on my sexual orientation, Personally I hop I develope feelings for men because it will be easier not having to be a lesbian. I know other people on here say they don't care and everything like that, but I do.

Melissa 67

I wasn't talking about protection against hate crimes or political issues. I still look pretty much like a guy know even thought I'm beginning to transition to become a women. I lke women not men, so I consider myself straight. My therapists says that might change with the hormones and I will start being interested in men.

Don't count on it, it's very rare for there to be a change in orientation. And as far as I know there's no evidence to indicate that when a switch does occur, it's caused by hormones or anything of that nature. The general consensus right now is that it's simply more repressed feelings emerging as the individual becomes more comfortable with themselves.

If that does happen I will then continue to be straight because I would of transitioned to be a women by that time and like men instead of women. But even if it didn't happen that way, I stil have nothing in common with them. As far as the hate crimes and all the politically charged issues, I can deal with those myself.

Well, only you can identify how you feel yourself to be at any given time. As far as dealing with these issues by yourself, that's quite an undertaking! Lemme know how that works out for ya.

As far as you kelise, you look great in that profile picture. So the only reason why people would think your trans is if you told them.

Melissa 67

Aww, You're so sweet! Thank you! :blush:

To add to this I fully realize that some M-F- trans-sexuals,even before transitioning, even though they are interested in people of the opposite sex they still consider themselves to be lesbians because they see themselves as women. Of course this is true that we see ourselves as women even before transstioning. Despite the fact that I like women, I don't consider myself gay. If I still like women after I've fully transitioned then I'll consider myself gay. But I don't know what effect the hormones will have on my sexual orientation, Personally I hop I develope feelings for men because it will be easier not having to be a lesbian. I know other people on here say they don't care and everything like that, but I do.

Melissa 67

Aww, come on! It's fun being a lesbian! I wouldn't want to be anything but! Thank you God for making me gay! :D:wub:

Guest Melissa 67

Don't count on it, it's very rare for there to be a change in orientation. And as far as I know there's no evidence to indicate that when a switch does occur, it's caused by hormones or anything of that nature. The general consensus right now is that it's simply more repressed feelings emerging as the individual becomes more comfortable with themselves.

Well, only you can identify how you feel yourself to be at any given time. As far as dealing with these issues by yourself, that's quite an undertaking! Lemme know how that works out for ya.

Aww, You're so sweet! Thank you! :blush:

Aww, come on! It's fun being a lesbian! I wouldn't want to be anything but! Thank you God for making me gay! :D:wub:

Well my therapists told me that my feeling might change towards men while I'm on Estrogen, and said it like it was a very good possibility. Thats were I got the idea from. If not then I guess I'll be a lesbian.

Melissa 67

Guest KimberlyF

Yeah...my prayers have evolved over time. Please let me wake up as a girl and still not like guys. I don't hate them or anything. I just don't get them. At work I isolate myself from them by choice. They make my head hurt.

Kim

Well my therapists told me that my feeling might change towards men while I'm on Estrogen, and said it like it was a very good possibility. Thats were I got the idea from.

Darling, I'm gonna let you in on a very little-known secret that the scientific community doesn't want you to know.

Nobody knows SQUAT about us. There are a lot of people who know a LITTLE about us, but the only "experts" there are about the physiology of what goes on within our minds and bodies is.......us. That's why I have professors clamoring to get me to speak to their classes. And yet, there are very few studies going on about us. Why? The one's with the money don't care about us, they want cures for premature baldness and erectile dysfunction.

Unless somewhere deep down inside you think there may be a little straight girl trying to get out, I personally doubt you will experience any significant sexual orientation change soley due to hormones

Guest AshleyRF

No man could ever do for me what a woman can. Sorry... it just isn't happening.. that's not to say I don't find some of them attractive.. I could just never be in love with a man. I could never have that emotional connection with someone that I don't trust and from what I've seen of men (having walked amongst them for 30 years) they give me NO reason to ever trust them.

Guest Melissa 67

No man could ever do for me what a woman can. Sorry... it just isn't happening.. that's not to say I don't find some of them attractive.. I could just never be in love with a man. I could never have that emotional connection with someone that I don't trust and from what I've seen of men (having walked amongst them for 30 years) they give me NO reason to ever trust them.

Believe me I can't stand men and I certainly don't trust them. I was just talking about being attracted to them. Well if I don't trust them it would be hard to have a relationship with them, but I don't know. Don't alot of women have those same trust issues when it comes to men, and not all of them are lesbians.

Melissa 67

• Forum Moderator

Given the pressure society puts on us to label I suppose it isn't surprising the we are so focused sometimes in labeling our sexual orientation.

But for us the terms just don't fit right. Trying to stick a label causes confusion. When I came out to my sister her first question to me was: "So, does this mean you are gay?". My answer to that most common question? "Define gay for ME? Are you talking about my body or my mind?".

In my identity, my mind, yes ,because I like men. In relation to my body at present -No. For myself, because we do not identify ourselves by our bodies we really can't in turn define our sexuality by our bodies either.

If you say "I am a man (or a woman)-except of course for labeling sexual orientation" what you are really doing is being in denial because of a degree of homophobia.

And this very confusion and apparent rejection and denial of homosexuality is why we ave so much trouble in our relations with the gay community.

JohnJ

Guest Lillet Coll

There are two assertions I make when establishing what my sexual orientation is.

I am a girl.

I like girls but have no sexual attraction toward men.

Therefore, I am a lesbian.

Actively using the label or not is certain my decision, and I have chosen to. Anyone who says I'm not a lesbian is contradicting one of those two assertions. Contradicting the first means they're the type of person I don't want to be around. Contradicting the second implies they think they know more about me than I do, so they're not exactly someone I'd want to be around either.

I've, honestly, faced no discrimination within the the LGBT community. Pride clubs all like me and are very supportive. Individuals have all quickly referred to me as "she" and forget that they ever perceived me as male. This might just be because it's a younger community, though.

Guest AshleyRF

Believe me I can't stand men and I certainly don't trust them. I was just talking about being attracted to them. Well if I don't trust them it would be hard to have a relationship with them, but I don't know. Don't alot of women have those same trust issues when it comes to men, and not all of them are lesbians.

Melissa 67

Of course not... I wouldn't want every woman to be lesbian. Just the hot ones. :) JK

There are two assertions I make when establishing what my sexual orientation is.

I am a girl.

I like girls but have no sexual attraction toward men.

Therefore, I am a lesbian.

Actively using the label or not is certain my decision, and I have chosen to. Anyone who says I'm not a lesbian is contradicting one of those two assertions. Contradicting the first means they're the type of person I don't want to be around. Contradicting the second implies they think they know more about me than I do, so they're not exactly someone I'd want to be around either.

I've, honestly, faced no discrimination within the the LGBT community. Pride clubs all like me and are very supportive. Individuals have all quickly referred to me as "she" and forget that they ever perceived me as male. This might just be because it's a younger community, though.

Brilliant. I could not have written this better myself. That is me EXACTLY!

Of course not... I wouldn't want every woman to be lesbian. Just the hot ones. :) JK

Love it.