• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Womens Clothes And Jewelry

Guest Sarah Michelle

I wear a bra, panties and jewelry almost all the time know. I want to start assimilate more into my everyday clothes like womens shorts and jeans. I am working on that but having a hard time finding some I like.

My question to everyone else is if they feel like I do when I am not wearing what I do on a regular basis. I feel like something is missing if I am not wearing these items. I didn't put on my bra this morning and it is driving me nuts.

Come on how do you go most of your life not wearing them on a regular basis to feeling like you need them to be complete each day?

Guest Donna Jean

I wear 4 rings and I take them off to work at home at night...

Heaven forbid if I forget to put them on in the morning for work....My earrings, too...

I carry about 4 pair in my bag in case I forget to put a pair on in the morning, I'll have some with me...

My underwear? I can only wear women's because that's all I own...

Forget to strap on my trusty ankle bracelet?..Makes me crazy all day....

Yeah...I have to wear all my things to be complete!

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

YES

It turns around after a while. Your real clothes are gender appropriate. Your 'male' clothes are crossdressing. Some transgirls say they ate in DRAB when wearing male clothes because our real clothes are so much prettier and fit so well.

I cannot wear bras to work - to dangerous. But I agree - I get 'phantom' feelings and I am always checking to see if the strap is down, when I am not wearing a bra, because something is missing.

Sighhhhhhh

I am waering my chocolate colored penny loafers like I wore today a year ago in Memphis. The only thing is the sole and heel are continuous, not exactly a male shoe. Nobody notices!

We do what we need to do...

LIZZY

I am a little slower at wearing those things all of the time than my sisters - but they are my older sisters so that is appropriate I suppose.

I have worn an ankle bracelet all of the time except for showers for well over a year and a half now, I added a second when I moved to New Orleans, each has a charm given to me by one of my sisters.

As to women's underwear - that is all I own - I had a few pair for when I was visiting my relatives overnight but I don't even bother with that anymore.

I have only worn trouser socks since Lizzy gave me a pair in Memphis and I recently started wearing a pair of black female loafers much like Lizzy's to work.

Two weeks ago I had Lizzy help me put a bracelet on my right wrist - the clasp is basically unworkable without two hands so i have not taken it off since - no one has said a word.

Male clothing is uncomfortable for me - it always was but now I have a relief from it most of the time.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest KimberlyF

Come on how do you go most of your life not wearing them on a regular basis to feeling like you need them to be complete each day?

I don't know. Glad it's not just me. And I've mentioned that I never really wore womens clothes the last 40 years. I'd buy something put it on hate how I look, get depressed and toss it. I think I'll wear panties every day now for the rest of my life. I saw my reflection in the mirror yesterday w/ just panties-I've become an e pert at avoiding mirrors. I got a little depressed but I didn't take them off or toss them.

I think it's part of the whole process of knowing we're moving on. Kinda like how I went my whole life with the plumbing having a mind of it's own. I didn't like it, but became numb to it. I had to. Now that it's DOA, if it were to come back it would depress the heck out of me.

And also since I started the hormones I've noticed this pair of shorts I've had for years is really heavy and rough against the skin so I think that plays in on a subconscious level too. As our skin thins, womens clothes are softer.

Kim