• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

English Girls Vs American Girls?

Guest Annaemo

Any English Trans people know if there is a different technique to learning to speak than say how American trans people speak? I noticed Brit girls have a deeper voice than Americans who seems much to be speaking at a higher octave.

English girl

Guest Donna Jean

I don't really think there is an "across the board" difference...

On both sides of the pond we have Trans girls that speak with a deeper voice and a higher voice...

I really don't think it's an overall thing that can be proven...

Donna Jean

Annaemo,

There is an overlap between male pitches and female pitches, my one house mate is from Germany and MtF she has a deeper voice and says allot of women in Europe seem to have deeper voices, there are 9 elements to a female voice.

Pitch, voice quality, loudness, Resonance, Articulation, Phrasing, Pacing, Melodic intonation and Fluency.

It is not just the pitch that makes a women sound the way she does it is the others 8 elements too, men tend to talk in a monotone voice where as women talk in a sing songy voice and use lots of expression, for me it has been harder than i thought getting a good female voice, 18 months working on it and it still not where i want it, but it gets me by.

Paula

Donna and Paula :)

I see! Pitch, voice quality, loudness, Resonance, Articulation, Phrasing, Pacing, Melodic intonation and Fluency. I'm a synth keyboard player so I know a bit about pitch, resonance etc. Have you ever used a voice changer software? Some of them sound really nice but as you say women talk differently so just pitch does not make it 100%.

I'll keep practising the maybe try upload a voice clip when no one is in doors bugging me.