• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Quotes!

Guest 91curiouskitten

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Flint

• Carolyn Marie

• Milly

"How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand."

E. Phillips

"There are two groups of people in the world:

Those who can be categorized into one of two

groups of people, and those who can't."

"Calculus has its limits."

This one isn't funny but I really like it:

"I do like clarity and exact thinking and I believe that very important to mankind, because when you allow yourself to think inexactly your prejudices,your bias, your self interest comes in in ways you don't notice and you do bad things without knowing that you're doing them. Self deception is very easy."

Bertrand Russell

If you cannot laugh at yourself - I'll do it for you (a tee shirt in the mall)

The problem with the rat race is that even if you win you are still a rat - Lily Tomlin

If all the world's a stage how can I always be off in the wings? - Sally Michelle Jackson

Goodness had nothing to do with it. - Mae West

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jennifer RachaelAnn

We're surrounded? Good. That simplifies our problem.

-Chesty Puller

Lord, help my poor soul.

-Edgar Allen Poe

There are only 4 questions of value in life. What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for? What is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.

-Johnny Depp's line in Don Juan Demarco

Jennifer RachaelAnn

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,

Love like you'll never be hurt,

Sing like there's nobody listening,

And live like it's heaven on earth."

— William W. Purkey

There are numerous variations on this theme including beautiful poems and wall decorations sporting the phrases, my therapist has them around the outer office but this one will always be very special to me because it was sent to me by the very first trans lady that I had ever spoken to long before I started therapy and even longer before I found myself (figuratively as well as physically) she became my mentor, my best friend and the only supporter in my life - I owe her so much and I am repaying her by helping all of the young transgendered people that i possibly can.

Love ya,

Sally

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Thomas Edison

"Republicans for Voldemort!"

"Honk if you have poor impulse control."

"Jesus is my car insurance."

Bumper stickers.

Guest Kaitlyn D

I wanted to add this one as it's fairly poignant for some of us here:

"Be careful who you hate, because chances are, they'll end up in your family!"

Guest Nikki A

Ich bein ein berliner!!!

("We are all Berliners")

hugs, Nikki

well, it means: I am a Berliner! which is a type of donut

it was a famous mistake by JFK while in berlin he should have said Ich bein Berliner lol

hugs, Nikki

Guest ma-head-a-spinnin

Computers are like a God from the Old Testament... plenty of rules and no mercy.

To err is human. To blame your computer, even more so.

Computer problems are generally in between the keyboard and the chair.

(Very old one, 50s I guess) I may yet foresee a time when computers weigh less than 1,5 Tonnes.

Guest ma-head-a-spinnin
well, it means: I am a Berliner! which is a type of donut<br>it was a famous mistake by JFK while in berlin he should have said Ich bein Berliner lolhugs, Nikki
Yeah, it's the same as a donut, but without a hole, and perfectly round. Cut it open and put some yellow cream in there. Yum.

We Dutch actually have the same thing around New Years, just lacking the cream. We use powdered sugar.

There you have it. Americans invented the doughnut. We Dutchies invented the ingredients.tongue.gif

Dee Jay,

We had a local donut bakery here in New England that packaged donuts for the grogery stores. They had a saying printed on every box that went, "As you ramble on through life always keep your eye on the donut and not the hole."

Guest ma-head-a-spinnin

.And us Ohioans invented the hole.....

I've got a whole bag of them right here!

The circular ones, with the hole? Or the spherical ones, sans hole, our "Oil Ball"?

Guest Donna Jean

The circular ones, with the hole? Or the spherical ones, sans hole, our "Oil Ball"?

Yup! The ones like the car tire!

Oh and said by a Civil War General...

"Don't be silly...they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...."

Donna Jean

Guest ma-head-a-spinnin

Yup! The ones like the car tire!

Oh and said by a Civil War General...

"Don't be silly...they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...."

Donna Jean

I think I'll pass, need to lose weight, not gain it. Once I start eating I just can't seem to stop.

"Dutch is not a language, it's a disease of the throat."

Given our raspy 'G', I'm not surprised we suffer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dakota.P

There are 3 types of people. The type that can count and the type that can't.

There are 10 types of people. The type that know binary and those who don't.

If your foot itches, first take off your shoe. - Chinese proverb

Guest MonikaC

*If anything can go wrong, fix it! To h*** Murphy.

*The squeaky wheel gets replaced.

*Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.

-Those first three are from the creed of the sociopathic obsessive compulsive.

*The current state of social decay is not due to a lack of morals, but rather a lack of tolerance.

-Me, but I'm sure countless others have said basically the same thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 246 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • Petra Jane
    • MaeBe
    • LittleSam
    • Mmindy
    • Genny
    • Thea
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

MossycupMolly
    Newest Member
    MossycupMolly

1. Carli05
      Carli05
    2. CharlotteD89
      CharlotteD89
      (35 years old)
    3. JamieL
      JamieL
    4. Jenny
      Jenny
      (71 years old)
    5. Katek
      Katek
    • LittleSam
      Hi Giz, welcome. There's so many different ways to be trans and you're so welcome here. I wish you luck in achieving your goal of being more androgynous. There's forums in here that might suit you and your goals. I look forward to hearing more from you. I go by he/they pronouns at the mo.
    • Lydia_R
      Hello @JenniferB!  Was kind of in the same boat with this.  I spent massive amounts of energy over several decades to try to control my drinking and drug use.  Because I'm highly disciplined, I was ultimately successful.  I felt I could have gone on with controlled drinking for the rest of my life without problems, but it got to the point where I realized that it wasn't worth all the energy I was putting into it.  At that point I found surrender.  I got a sponsor, attended almost daily meetings for a year, worked the steps to the best of my ability, tried my best to socialize with people even though I am an introvert, I made a mess for myself at the meetings and felt a little rejected.  And then I continued on doing a little service work.   After a few months away from it, I'm in a good spot.  I accidentally ate one of my roommates edibles a couple months ago.  I have only smoked a half ounce of weed in the last 20 years.  After it kicked in, I realized that it was a marijuana high.  Then I noticed something miraculous.  I just told myself that there is nothing I can do about it and then got on with the business of the evening like I normally would.  It was like the high just ended right then and there.   Controlled drinking like I was doing was just very risky behavior and not worth the effort for me.  In any case, I'm very happy that I spent my life fighting it all instead of just giving into it.  I think that whatever you put into something, you eventually get back out.   Meetings are cool.  People generally get equal time to share.  Seeing people who are struggling reminds me of the way I was and why I want to remain sober.  And by being there, I have the potential of helping someone else.  The stuff I don't identify with I just do my best to not let bother me.  And if it gets bad there, I don't have to go back.  I can find another meeting or even just read the literature.  The literature helped me a lot.
    • Ladypcnj
      Happiness to me is when I reached a turning point in my life, that I stop worrying what others think about me, and start living my life. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Very, very true.  The number of murders committed by strangers in 2022 was only about 10 percent, per the FBI.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Courageous film maker, and amazing subjects.  That is an incredible journey to make in so many ways.  Thanks for sharing the link, @Davie.   Carolyn Marie
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon everyone,   I often wondered why @April Marie and @Willowgot up so early in spite of being retired. Now that I have my own puppy as a house pet I get it. We haven't had dogs since before my oldest granddaughter was born 22 years ago this September. I've always had working hunting dogs, and it was important they became acclimated to the current weather conditions. While the kennels had large outdoor runways, they also had pet passes into the somewhat temperature controlled garage. Yes, they were allowed in the house but only for short periods of time. Fast forward to present time, and I'm potty training a puppy as well as crate training. The first night Parker Von Schwinegruber, slept from 10:30 until 05:30. Last night we went to bed and 10:30 and he started making noise at 05:00. Since I don't want to test his ability to hold his business, we got up and went outside. He took care of business and we went back to sleep. This time he had a dental chew bar and I filled his water bowl. We cat napped until 08:00 and then got up for the day taking him immediately outside. He took care of business, and we played fetch and tug of war with his now favorite puffball. We came in and I put him back in the crate positioned so he could see me cook breakfast. Did he NO HE WENT TO SLEEP! We ate breakfast, did the dishes, and finished off the pot of coffee I brewed at 08:00. Once he woke up we stared at one another for about 20 minutes, because he seemed content to be in the crate. I got up and we worked on some obedience training as well as getting into and out of the crate with permission. We don't want him to crash the gate or any doors we will be going through.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋  
    • VickySGV
      I have not heard about it here in California, but then again we have events of various sorts going on very often, and not just in the June Pride Month.  We have Trans Fashion Week going on at a hotel complex over in West Los Angeles for the next three nights featuring shows by Trans fashion designers and modeled by Trans and NB people on the runways there.  I missed a chance for some free tickets and while I know and love many of the participants I do not want to pay for the tickets which will be in the $50 to $75 range, and which at those prices are nearly sold out.  (Not to mention $25 valet parking each night at the venue complex.).  There will be actual high end fashion buyers there though and it is an area where we are gaining some good footing.  I also admit that NONE of the fashions are going to be anything at all that would fit my basic personal style but look fine if not crazy on my much younger Trans siblings who will model them. (Ok everyone else keep on @Mirrabooka's topic.)
    • Ivy
      TBH, Never heard of it.
    • Mmindy
      Welcome to TransPulseForums @gizgizgizzie    I hope you find this place as helpful as I do. I’m also in a slow transition living in the androgynous world. I’m out to my grown children and my extended family with mixed support from them. Some have cut me out of their lives and others want me to be their flamboyant family member.    Best wishes, stay positive and motivated    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Davie
      To escape Gaza is already an achievement. And then to be trans?’: the women defying national and gender boundaries. https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/16/yolande-zauberman-documentary-the-belle-from-gaza-cannes-film-festival
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Accidents happen.  So do heat-of-the-moment murders, without premeditation or trans-related hate.  It will take a trial to really figure it out.     One thing we can see from this is that it is people in our circles of acquaintances, friends, and partners who are the ones who usually hurt us.  Not someone random. We have to be careful who we trust.
    • ClaireBloom
      You look so cute in that pic Ashley!  
    • Birdie
      A bit of bra humour...
    • Mirrabooka
      Friday May 17th is IDAHOBIT (International Day Against HOmophobia, BIphobia and Transphobia).   Do you acknowledge or celebrate it? Do you do anything special for it, like taking part in any organized events or activities?   I'm not an activist and I prefer to fly under the radar, but I am slowly becoming aware of important dates. I have been aware of the date of IDAHOBIT for a few weeks now, but other important 'rainbow' dates have not been etched into my brain yet.    I will wear my favorite pride t-shirt as a token acknowledgement of the day, but it probably won't be seen; cool weather here will mean that it will be hidden under a sweater.    
    • Mirrabooka
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.