• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Quotes!

Guest 91curiouskitten

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Flint

• Carolyn Marie

• Milly

"Remember, no matter where you go, when you get there, there you are."

Buckaroo Bonsai

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays."

Arthur Dent

"I really don't just live in movies and books."

Sally Michelle Jackson

"Dang!"

Donna Jean Loy

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Alex Blitzen

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.

-Mohandas Gandhi

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

-Buddha

A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.

-Groucho Marx

Airplanes may kill you, but they ain't likely to hurt you.

-Satchel Paige

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

-Lily Tomlin

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

-Steven Wright

I am imagination. I can see what the eyes cannot see. I can hear what the ears cannot hear. I can feel what the heart cannot feel.

-Peter Nivio Zarlenga

Whatever is done for love always occurs beyond good and evil.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one of my favorites (from the movie Kung Fu Panda lol)

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why it is called present.

Guest Cowboy

My theory on love quote:

"This aint my 1st rodeo, but heck, love aint no ordinary rodeo. You know why they never name a bull love? Cause a cowboy wouldnt be able to ride em for 8 seconds! He'd get bucked off soon as he shot out the gate!"

- Cowboy

Guest Donna Jean

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

-Lily Tomlin

Alex....I've had that on my profile page for over two years.....lol

HUGGGGS!

Donna Jean

Wish in one hand crap in the other, see what fills faster.

they can't all be winners kid.

:) great movie

Guest Chrysee

Shh, don't talk. Just hug.

~Maria.

Haha, I quoted myself, I'm so dodgey. :>

I so love a laugh when I first get up. . .It's 2:26a.m. and you just gave me one. Thanks.

Here's back atcha:

"You can't learn how to be real. That's like learning how to become a midget."

Woody Allen: 'Bananas.'

Guest Maria (Hilda)

''You turn to avoid the scary picture.

That picture was the truth you need to see about yourself.

You turn around and stare it in the ugly face until you see its beauty.

Its there, trust me.''

(then she continues to say dont be afraid my child blah blah blah pep talk)

Keisi Magdovlovski (hope I spelt her last name right)

in Mother

"Life is short so tell your family that you love them, you might need a kidney someday and matches are so hard to find outside of the family."

Steven Colbert

Love ya,

Sally

• 2 weeks later...

When seconds count, the Police are only minutes away. (bumper sticker)

Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! Mal (Nathan Fillion), Firefly

Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammunition (Rules of War)

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go... (bumper sticker)

In a world where you have to give respect, to get respect, is anyone ever really respected? You have my Respect, it is your Birthright. (my own personal quote. I believe we should respect everyone until we have a reason not to.)

Guest Maria (Hilda)

You think that you're free, but go outside and you find yourself spinning from insanity

~Janelle Monae

I'm trying to find my peace, I was made to believe that there was something wrong with me

~Janelle Monae (Again)

I wish I could read my thoughts, because they're so loud to hear it hurts my head.

~Sandi Thompson

We come in Peace, Shoot to Kill, Shoot to Kill, Shoot to Kill... We come in Peace, Shoot to Kill, Shoot to Kill, Men. - Captain Kirk, Star Trekkin by the Firm.

"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"We love life, not because we are used to living but because we are used to loving" Friedrich Nietzsche

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." – Albert Camus

"Every act of rebellion expresses a nostalgia for innocence and an appeal to the essence of being." – Albert Camus

Usually found on the back of an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technicians tee shirt - If you see me running, try to keep Up!

And as a Security Guard, I ususally tell people, "I'll take a bullet for you, but that's only because you can run faster than me."

Guest Maria (Hilda)

I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee

~Carly Simon, Carly as in Simon.

I've fought with the bear and danced with it to. My next vacation is going to be Australia, ---- the bears...

~Ellen D.

Maybe I... Oh set me on fire! I want you to see how hot I am for you.

~Ellen D.

Love, Maria <3

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is. - Ellen DeGeneres

In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better. - Ellen DeGeneres

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative. - Oscar Wilde

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. - Oscar Wilde

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde