• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Quotes!

Guest 91curiouskitten

Guest Chrysee

:groupwavereversed:

:ThanxSmiley:

Thanks, Micha, but the former English teacher in me is embarrassed to admit that it should read 'to God', and not 'too God'.

Gotta go now and stand in the corner.

Later,

Cissy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Flint

• Carolyn Marie

• Milly

Guest Roxanna L

Thanks, Micha, but the former English teacher in me is embarrassed to admit that it should read 'to God', and not 'too God'.

Gotta go now and stand in the corner.

Later,

Cissy

I'll joy in that corner, Cissy...

I averaged 9 out of 10 on British English, and I failed to catch that...

Hugs,

Anna

Guest Chrysee

I'll joy in that corner, Cissy...

I averaged 9 out of 10 on British English, and I failed to catch that...

Hugs,

Anna

Well I must say that warms the corner up a touch.

Thanks,

Chrysalis

Guest Chrysee

Someone quoted the wonderful Dorothy Parker, but I can't find it. Anyway, I was reminded of this but thought perhaps the mods wouldn't clear it. But then I thought: "Hey, it's Dorothy Parker for crying out loud.'

So here goes:

Dorothy Parker was once asked to use the word 'horticulture' in a sentence. As the story goes, without giving it a thought or batting an eye, she replied:

"You can lead a sleeper to culture, but you can't make her think."

And I so hope they post that.

Love,

Cissy

• Admin

but thought perhaps the mods wouldn't clear it. But then I thought: "Hey, it's Dorothy Parker for crying out loud.'

Sorry, dear, it wasn't us. The good old word filter managed to mess up the quote all on its own.

:doh1:

Carolyn Marie

Guest Chrysee

Sorry, dear, it wasn't us. The good old word filter managed to mess up the quote all on its own.

:doh1:

Carolyn Marie

Out of respect for the site and all it has and does do for me and so many others, and because I love you so, I'll just hold my tongue.

But give thanks that you can't read minds.

Thanks,

Chrysalis

P.S. 'Sleeper'? Are they kidding?

"How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?"

"Let's see - one, two - three!"

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Roxanna L

Under an alcohol induced haze:

"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am. It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

I don't know the author, by the way...

"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am. It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

Sounds a bit like Joe Walsh....

"Fifteen hundred years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was the center of the universe. 500 years ago, everybody "knew" that the earth was flat. And 15 minutes ago, you "knew" that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll "know" tomorrow." ~ Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones), Men in Black

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Chrysee

Don't know who said it, but I've thought it more times in the distant past then I care to remember!

Thanks for sharing,

Cissy

Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Why do they call it a building it seems to be finished why not call it a built?

I was the best man at a wedding, if I was the best man why was she marrying him?

Jerry Seinfeld

Love ya,

Sally

My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty, and that's the law.

It's amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world every day always just exactly fits the newspaper

Men don't care what's on TV. They only care what else is on TV

More form Jerry Seinfeld

What exactly is a jumbo shrimp?

When you are down to your last M&M you are pretty much left with just an M.

If the Cincinnati Reds were really the first major league baseball team, who did they play?

I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.

George Carlin

Love ya,

Sally

This one deserves to be in a post by itself - from George Carlin:

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary.

:welldone:

Love ya,

Sally

• 2 weeks later...

"when life gives you lemons, throw them out the window and see how many people you hit."

"when life gives you lemons, sell them and make moneys."

"when life gives you lemons, make orange juice and wonder how the heck you did that."

And then the one on my siggy...

My personal life montra: "everything will be better in the end. If it's not better, then it's not the end."

"when it rains on your parade, break out the slip-n-slide!"

"man in glass house should not throw boisterous parties."

"the first human being to throw insults instead of stones was the founder of modern civilization!" -mark twain

"music is like candy. To get to the good stuff you have to remove all the (w)rappers."

What you see in yourself is what you will see in the world.

Love ya,

Sally

Huh, explains a bit about my esteem. . .

"Officer, I do not have a drinking problem. I was fine at the bar, but then I stopped drinking and left, met you and all my problems began."

My buddy. :rolleyes:

Guest Alex Blitzen

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

George Orwell

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.

Mark Twain

Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep. In a giant blender.

Homer Simpson

Invader Zim:

Ms. Bitters: Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will all receive phone calls instructing them to love you less now.

Zim: You're nothing Earth boy! Go home and shave your giant head of smell with your bad self!

Tak: The great thing about your people Dib is that, most of them don't notice. All they see is another faceless corporate venture! Not a plan for world conquest!

Dib: Wait, is there really a difference?

Happy Noodle Boy: KIDS: Drugs wont help things. They'll only turn you into a hideous little freak troll- baby with exploding eyeballs.

"You can't tell your granny to hold on to anything. No, she'll just throw it away, she doesn't care. You can't tell her to keep something. That's like giving a billy goat a beer can and tellin 'em not to eat it"

~My dear old pawpaw

Guest Doodlen

I'm in an overly sentimental mood today :P

The director says something about how they're making sure people meet their potention

Officer: And if they exceed their potential?

Director: No one exceeds their potential. It merely means that we did not accurately judge their potential in the first place.

-Gattaca

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.

I do not question the bird's song or the sun rise. They are there, and they are beautiful.

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.

My all-time fav, from Lost And Delerious:

Paulie: Lesbian? Lesbian? Are you kidding me, you think I'm a LESBIAN?

Mouse: You're a girl in love with a girl, aren't you?

Paulie: No! I'm PAULIE in love with TORI. Remember? And Tori, she is, she IS in love with me because she is mine and I am hers and neither of us are LESBIANS!