• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

No-Shave November Anyone?

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis

I'm not on T yet but I will hopefully have started by October. So I am hoping that by November I will have at least some sort of facial hair coming in because I would love to be able to do No-Shave November for the first time ever :D Otherwise I would have to wait until next year which would suck. I am thinking that if I don't get on T until later in October, I will push back No-Shave November a bit so that it goes into December, to give myself more time to grow in new facial hair. I am really hoping I can do it this year. Do you think, given this small frame of time, I will be able to do it? And is anyone else doing it this year or have you done it in the past? I think it's a great way to celebrate our transition into manhood :)

Shay, only if you live in an area which gets cold winter weather. Just thinking of going 30 days with facial hair gives me, the creeps. Tried it once and nearly clawed myself to bloody ribbons from the itchiness.Sheesh.

therisa

Guest My_Genesis

Dang if i was on T i totally would! Is this a popular thing, associated with November?

lol I dunno, it's just a thing. I first heard of it in college in CO. So maybe therisa is right and it's a cold weather thing. But when I wasn't out I hated it cuz all the guys were doing it and it made me feel really left out :(

I'm with you! ...except it's going to be hard to not shave my neck. It's prickly.

haha. That does kinda suck. But at least you've got the hair there :)

Never heard of it but I'm not shaving. Got some hairs on my face but last month I cut a few short. The ones I have are long and I kept playing with them so I had to make myself stop. :lol:

Guest My_Genesis

sounds fun to me. however, since i can't participate yet, i say whoever does has to post pics on the last day of the month, so that I can live vicariously!

haha. true that bro. or I'll do No Shave - Some Other Month :P

All of my friends did it when I lived in Texas. Definitely nothing to do with cold weather there. I second the posting of photos of anyone who does it so we can live vicariously!

Guest NatashaJade

Actually, if all goes well, the last of my stubble will be gone by mid-November so I will hopefully have a no-shave November (followed by a no-shave December...) Except for the legs and body, right? We're just talking face, right? :lol:

luv

Gin

Guest My_Genesis

Ha! I'll be right there with you! By then, I'm certen that electro will have finished off the last of those pesky little buggers! No shave, no beard to shave! Yahooo!

Love, Kat

Actually, if all goes well, the last of my stubble will be gone by mid-November so I will hopefully have a no-shave November (followed by a no-shave December...) Except for the legs and body, right? We're just talking face, right? :lol:

luv

Gin

haha, well there's another way of interpreting it :P

All of my friends did it when I lived in Texas. Definitely nothing to do with cold weather there. I second the posting of photos of anyone who does it so we can live vicariously!

for sure.

Guest JustShelly

At least where I'm from it was always associated with the 9 day hunting week (gun)deer season, which happens to be during Thanksgiving.

If you would also like to participate in the other rituals. They were as follows.

1.No shaving, usually starting beginning of month and then going till Christmas if you liked.

2. No showering for the full 9 days and definitely no deodorant or Cologne, can't risk loosing that hunting smell. :mellow:

3. No less then 48 cans of beer for the 9 days, spread them out as you please. :blink:

5. Must be able to recite at least 5 of the most rauncius jokes you ever heard. :o

6. You must drink until midnight or later and get up no later then 5 am, at least 4 of the days. The 5 others oh well. Exception to this rule:if under 18 (drinking age years ago)you had to wake up everyday at 4 am to make breakfast for the others

7.You were never allowed to say the woman were better shots, even though everyone knew.

8. You better know that a straight beats 3 of a kind.

9. lastly you better know how to shoot the bull, cause thats all you'll be doing. :D

If anyone had any rituals in there hunting camp feel free.

I always enjoyed this week years ago, although our hunting party was less subdued. I didn't enjoy the killing aspect (actually hunting saves many deer from a trajic death) but did enjoy the camaraderie. We had woman in are group, mostly relatives. They still enjoy hunting to this day.

I stopped going years ago. I lost some interest years before I started to transition and now I just kind of forgotten about it but I have brought my children out to experience it a couple of times. I like to show them all aspects of life. If they like it ok if not ok.

Sorry for stealing your thread. The beard thing brought back memories. I grew a beard so many times, never left it on long. it helped to repress my gender issues.

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

Eh, I started T in April and I hardly get more than some fine, barely visible hair growth on my face. It takes about four or five days for me to need to shave, and the hair's light-coloured (I have dark brown hair). Also it grows mostly on my neck, so no way I'm doing no-shave November. I'd grow a scraggly neck beard and nobody would ever love me ever again because neck beards are gross. :P

Also yes, it itches really bad if I go too long without shaving.

I am not a fan of scraggly, patchy facial hair. And there's no chance I'll have anything respectable-looking by November. So no, I won't be participating. But maybe next year. :)

Guest CalvinFTM

I start T at the very end of Oct., so there's no way I'll have anything to shave.

Question: for those of you who said facial hair is itchy, is that only as it's growing out, or does it stop itching after it gets to a certain length? I like facial hair and I want to grow a big ol' beard when I can. I never thought it would be itchy.

I start T at the very end of Oct., so there's no way I'll have anything to shave.

Question: for those of you who said facial hair is itchy, is that only as it's growing out, or does it stop itching after it gets to a certain length? I like facial hair and I want to grow a big ol' beard when I can. I never thought it would be itchy.

Considering my experience with my leg hair growing in, I'd say it's only itchy while it's short and stubbly. Then it stops.

Guest My_Genesis

Considering my experience with my leg hair growing in, I'd say it's only itchy while it's short and stubbly. Then it stops.

What if you want scruff? Cuz that's what I want...

What if you want scruff? Cuz that's what I want...

Once your face gets used to it, you should be fine. The guys I know who maintain a bit of fuzzy scruffy stuff don't seem to be bothered by it.

All facial hair should be gone so count me in. Now the rest of my body hair is another question. Sorry but it must be removed. I get the creepy crawlies just seeing stuble anymore.

I'm not on T, but if I don't shave I have hairs growing on my upper lip like crazy. I can grow a mustache if I wanted too, although not that thick nor that long. I also have dark hairs on the bottom of my chin and my cheeks but you can only see them close up. My sideburns on the other hand grow fast and long all the time! I have to trim them down once in a while. Since I'm also starting T soon, I'd love to do this! I won't have much anyway, but I guess its a try. Might be better for December though :P