• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Best Coming Out Reactions?

Guest Liam H

Heya,

Coming out is a difficult process, one that sometimes goes very badly. On the flipside, when it goes well, it can be an awesome experience. So I'm wondering - what are the best reactions you've had?

Mine would have to be:

"Yeah, I've never thought of you as female."

And

"Well duh."

xD

All the best,

-Liam.

Guest audrey michelle

"ive always known. i knew that i would cry a lot for you when you were in the womb."

"oh, i dont care. do whatever makes you happy."

"i dont even know what transgendered is but i still view you the same way."

• Admin

How about this, from someone close to me:

"Um, guess what? So am I!"

:blink:

Carolyn Marie

Guest EvenClose

Here is the best one to date. Terrible, but my poor friend was so nervous that i had to laugh..

OOOOh, yeah i think mike would find you really hot.

0.o What do you even say to that.

I told my sister recently I had been cross dressing for a long time and she asked if I was performing and when she could come see me. I have never been so lucky, but it sure felt really good. She is awesome and has been about as awesome as you could hope for. She was sure telling my mom would be fine too and it was, but not as excited as my sister.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Distort

I've only ever come out and said it to one person, offline. That's not to say that I'm not out to more people, but it was more of a gradual thing, and it's an unspoken awareness that I'm not the 'lesbian friend' anymore.

I did get totally trashed on vodka one night though, and while being driven home by a friend, I broke down and talked all about it (this was actually way back before I'd even admitted it online, and had only just really admitted it to myself).

I'm there, a blubbery mess, confessing my deepest secret, and she goes 'you think that would bother me? So-and-so was born a girl. I'll always love you, you're like my little sister. Or brother.'

In my drunken state I was almost going ' <_< way to ruin my grand coming out!'

It gave me hope though, which is always a good thing from friends.

On the other hand, though I've never admitted my gender identity issues to my parents, when I admitted to like girls, my mother threw up and then 'ran away'.

Guest KimberlyF

My cousin said "Yeah, and...go on."

As if there had to be something bad coming that would explain why I was crying like an idiot like I kill puppies or something. I was like go on? I'm a freakin transsexual. That's why we're here.

Kim

• Forum Moderator

My daughter

"Okay, it makes a lot of sense now. You can do anything that makes you happy as long as I can still call you Mom."

My granddaughter-age 10

"That's kinda cool. Will you still be my Grammy?"

And they have never varied from that acceptance and support. I have been very lucky !

I stopped by the home of a couple i had known many years to tell them, after i came out to them they said, what a relief, we thought you were going to sell us a timeshare.

Paula

This isn't strictly positive as much as it is funny (although it ended up being really positive).

So I was stealth to this friend and came out to him as trans. His reaction: "wait ... so ... you want to be a girl?"

Guest Donna Jean

This isn't strictly positive as much as it is funny (although it ended up being really positive).

So I was stealth to this friend and came out to him as trans. His reaction: "wait ... so ... you want to be a girl?"

LOL....HAAaaa ha ha ha ha .....sorry, Pol...that's funny.....

Actually a back handed compliment!

Good one!

Dee Jay

"You want some hardware down there, eh? Sweet. I shall raise you like a real man." - I was then play-punched by thus coworker into a wall. :P

"But 'Isabelle' is such a pretty name - Luckily, 'Isaac' is just as strong and decent." - Love my mom.

"Does that make you my official 'gay best friend'?" ^.^

I think my best "coming out" was one of my friends calling me out on her before I had the chance to actually come out to her. xD Apparently she has many trans friends and I sort of set off her "trans-dar" that she developed from interacting with trans-folk a lot.

So I am on this revealing streek and told some people but my favorite was my roommate "BOUT TIME!"

The one that got to me was my mother's "Umm..Okay" That one just confused me but in her defense her siter is MTF her Ex-husband is gay, her uncle was gay and now her son wants to be her daughter. Also being an ICU nurse does help I guess. Hmm we will see what the future days bring me.