• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your Name-What Do You Care To Be Called?

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Everyone here is using names....some are what they want to be called for life...

Some change as the winds blow and haven't made up their minds yet....

Some of us don't mind when others use other versions of our longer names...such as...

Carolyn Marie....Carolyn

Elizabeth.....Lizzy

Katrina........Kat

See?

Some don't lend themselves to shortning.....

Sarah......Uh...Sarah...

Sally...........Sally

Now......

My name is Donna Jean

There is no middle name....Donna Jean is my first name....It is one name...

So if someone calls me Donna...it's just 1/2 of a name....

How about you?

What is ok for you and what would you rather not be called?

Donna Jean

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• Carolyn Marie

• Milly

• JJ

Guest Sharah

I am using Sharah as a variation of Sarah, but as I am in the beginning of my transition I really don;t know if that will change over time or not. I guess you can call me anything as long as it is not late for dinner.

Guest Joanna Phipps

OK Dee Jay

Im Joanna, but i go by Joanna, Jo, and for some on here JoJo

Joanna Marie is my legal name but unlike yours Dee Jay... it is two names

I use Mia,

It is the name I want to be called now.

I love it when friends call my by that name.

In mixed company when others don’t know about me my friends and my spouse will call me MJ and others are starting to pick up on it. I like it as a nick name as it can fit both my true self and when I have to present as that other person.

When at home my spouse will at times call me Momma Mia when telling the cats or the dog to go ask me to feed them. Makes me want to rush into the kitchen and start making meatballs and boiling pasta…….. :lol:

Mia

Guest i is Sam :-)

My name is Samantha, most of the time I prefer Sam, at least from friends. But sometimes I prefer to use my full name. When I'm writing my name I like to use Samantha.

Guest Cowboy

Sweetie...Love...Hon...Honey....Girlfriend....Baby....Sugar...Sweetheart...

Im such a sucker for anyone who calls me any of those. lol. (true though.)

Uh well I'm finally sure Colton is my name. so Colton of course

or Colt [Colton - on = Colt]

Cowboy -long time nickname, so yep that works.

and some people call be bubba too, so thats fine.

• Admin

Like Dee Jay said, I use either Carolyn or Carolyn Marie, and sometimes even CM. They all seem fine, but somehow Carolyn Marie rolls nicely off my tongue, like music. :)

Call me whatever, just don't call me late for dinner. :P And don't call me Shirley. :lol:

Carolyn Marie

LOL...Well that, too...

Dee (for D)....Jay (for J)

Dee Jay (Donna Jean)

Clyde Crashcup returns!

With his famous lessons on pronunciation: Lark, L for L, ark for ark, lark!

Lizzy and I have a couple of other names that we use for Dee Jay and she seems to like them too but none of them are just Danna - be careful, she may be small but she is feisty!

Sally is pretty much it although one lady here calls me Sal, I don't mind that too much but it isn't really me after all Sally is already the nickname for Sarah.

Momma Sally is always acceptable. :)

Love ya,

Sally

Many years ago I too was playing around with different female names. Long before I knew that I was TS. I used Jennifer for a bit. I really like that name, but I always would wonder if someone ever called me that would I recognize it was me who's name they were calling or not....Fortunately my Mom gave me a name that has a very unisex nickname. I think it has made portions of my transition easier on my friends and family as they still use the same name as I always have gone by.

Cris

Like Joanna, I have a first and middle . I only go by my first name unless its formal.

Kalie Elizabeth, Kalie is fine though. My friend can never remember Kalie for some reason

so she calls me Elizabeth.

I also love all the cute pet names too :)

Love

Kalie

Guest sarah f

Sally is pretty much it although one lady here calls me Sal, I don't mind that too much but it isn't really me after all Sally is already the nickname for Sarah.

Love ya,

Sally

Ok I am confused. I have not heard that one before.

Guest Donna Jean

Lizzy and I have a couple of other names that we use for Dee Jay and she seems to like them too but none of them are just Danna - be careful, she may be small but she is feisty!

Love ya,

Sally

Why would you call me Danna?

Dang

Donna Jean

Why would you call me Danna?

Dang

Donna Jean

Because I am one of the world's worst typists!

You know what I meant Dawn!

Love ya,

Sally

• Forum Moderator

JJ is easier on my family-at least I thought it would be-now they never call be by name at all. Of course to my daughter and granddaughter I'll always be what I ave always been. Fine w/ me. But my sisters now just talk around using a name as does my long time best friend.

John is the name for the inner me -always has been but no one outside of LP ever uses it.

As long as people use the dreaded natal mane as little as possible I'm happy.

JJ

JohnJ for John James

Guest therisa

It was a no-brainer for me, I would be Therisa, which would have been my name, had I been born, a cisfemale. A way that I an honouring my parents selection, even if mom can't say it, outloud to me.

Guest TigerFoxMatt

I get my username from my two favourite animals, tigers and foxes, and the name that I want to be called when I am a boy, Matt. Most people online call me either Tiger or Matt. I don't mind either one. :)

If I do ever decide to get my name changed, my full first and middle name will be Matthew Leonard (don't ask where I got the idea for it, because it just sounds good to me).

Yeah...lol....

Ma'am...Sweetie...Love...Hon...Honey....Girlfriend....Baby....Sugar...Sweetheart...

There's plenty!

Donna Jean

I can't stand those! But probably for the same reasons you like them. :)

I've settled on the name Lincoln for a few months now. I like Link as a nickname, but would use Lincoln just as often.

Guest ChloëC

'Well you can call me Ray or you can call me Ray J or you can call me Sonny...but ya doesn't hasta call me, Mr. Johnson.'

ok, as that old line goes (which unfortunately has some sad undertones from a time past :( ), call me whatever you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

Really, you can call me Chloë or you can call me Chloe or even 'hey, you' works sometimes.

Just don't call me Mr. <last name goes here>. That's my father and he passed away awhile ago. And I will probably die when I hear someone call my son 'Mr. <last name goes here>.

Hugs

Chloë (or Chloe or 'hey, you' or <first name goes here>)

Guest Donna Jean

I've had some problems with people that have known me for many years having a hard time calling me Donna Jean...

They've known me by male name for so long...

So, I've compromised and asked them to just call me Dee Jay and that is working out just fine for everyone!

Donna Jean