• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Not Sure

Guest AnotherAutumn

Guest AnotherAutumn

Hello everyone. I'm not quite sure what I am. I am almost 20 yrs old and have been struggling with gender identity for about 3 years. up until the past year I thought that it went away but yesterday I came to the realization that I have just been able to ignore it better than I have when I was younger. Sometimes I wonder If I really am MTF. A close friend of mine is MTF, she knows that I have struggled with this in the past, but thinks that it was probably because I was molested when I was a kid. Any opinions or comments? I'm so scared and confused.

My best suggestion is to get yourself to a therapist as soon as you can. They are professionals that can really help you to untangle your confusion and come to terms with who you really are. We all have had times when we were doubtful of our identity. The important thing is that YOU have to come to terms with YOU. We can help by sharing our stories but those stories are about us, not you. A therapist will assist you in understanding you.

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, hon. Shall we call you Autumn for now? Let us know what you prefer.

Autumn, let me set you straight on one important thing: I do not believe, nor have I heard anything to substantiate, that any outside influence, including being the victim of molestation, can cause you or anyone to be transsexual. If you are indeed TS, it is almost certainly something that you were born with. Parents often accuse their TS children of being influenced by the Internet, and of course that's bunk.

Sharah is right, you should see a therapist as soon as possible, preferably a gender therapist, to help you with your feeling about what happened to you, and about your gender identity issues. I am very sorry that you had to experience such a terrible thing, and honey, it is NOT your

fault in any way.

There is a lot to learn about the whole issue of being TG or TS, and you are young and have time, plenty of time, to sort things out. This is

a great place to do so, with the forums, and the resource pages, and the Chat Rooms at your disposal. Please take advantage of them, post

your questions, and someone will always offer a response.

After you have 5 posts, you can access all the site features, including the Private Message (PM) system.

I wish you well.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Shara is exactly right. a gender therapist can best help you realize who you are in relation to gender. We have all confused at times and some of us periodically go into denial . And that can lead to lost years of misery.

You can save yourself lost time and additional confusion and heartbreak by going ahead with gender therapy now.

JohnJ

Guest AnotherAutumn

Autumn is fine. Thank you for your input and feedback everyone. I recently stopped seeing my therapist which I have been seeing for years due to an unprofessional attitude. I still live at home, so If I were to see a gender therapist I would have to pay out of the pocket due to the fact that I wouldn't want it to be on my parent's insurance because they would find out.I am currently unemployed which is a bit of a set back right now.

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Autum

Welcome to the Playground!

I'm Donna Jean

Gee, Honey...that does put you in a situation..

A therapist is exactly what you need right now...They won't tell you if you are Trans or not, but, they'll help you decide for yourself...after all, the answer already dwells inside you...

But, I do understand your situation..

Stay here and read...and post. This site can help you learn a lot!

I'm wishing you the very best....

Huggs

Donna Jean

Guest Jo-I-Dunno

I generally tell people to, at first, put everything stopping you aside and think about what you want the most. Then ask yourself if it's possible. Then ask if it's risky. Then weigh the pros and cons. If there are multiple paths you might want to take, do this for all of them. My therapists have always told me they can't diagnose me and everything is ultimately my decision. It's not, by any means, an exact science.

If you want to be a woman, there's no tangible line that makes you a "real" MTF or not. Aside from the rare cases of schizophrenia or multiple personality disorders, there's no exact way for a therapist to say "You're a transsexual." or "You're not a transsexual." Therapists are there to help you explore yourself.

I don't know where I'm going with this. Just don't expect a therapist to give you answers. Ultimately only you have the answers.

• Forum Moderator

I don't know where I'm going with this. Just don't expect a therapist to give you answers. Ultimately only you have the answers.

Very well put.

I agree-and sometimes we make it sound like a gender therapist is answer to everything when the therapist is only a guide. But sometimes we can't find out way through this confusing maze without guidance. We have to do hte work but they can help us find the right pat.

JohnJ

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 66 Guests (See full list)

• Astrid
    • Jamey-Heather
    • Pip
    • Mmindy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

defox
    Newest Member
    defox

1. Alin RP
      Alin RP
      (27 years old)
    2. CipherKai
      CipherKai
      (48 years old)
    3. Dawn2020
      Dawn2020
      (75 years old)
    4. Irwin
      Irwin
      (18 years old)
    5. luke_b
      luke_b
      (21 years old)
    • Vidanjali
      @Amy Powell your aesthetic reminds me of Anna Sui. Kinda art deco meets romantic meets Bohemian meets rock n roll.   Fashion images: https://www.google.com/search?q=anna+sui+fashion&client=ms-android-google&sca_esv=87940c84487c33f0&sca_upv=1&udm=2&biw=412&bih=790&sxsrf=ADLYWIIV5j67lhM8fvT9dj5QsjqC4t8JAw%3A1716744540336&ei=XHFTZs-SFKiQwbkPyvS6kAQ&oq=anna+sui+fash&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIg1hbm5hIHN1aSBmYXNoKgIIADIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgUQABiABDIHEAAYgAQYGDIHEAAYgAQYGEjWKlDuCliMJHACeACQAQGYAaUBoAHhD6oBBDEyLje4AQHIAQD4AQGYAgigAqkGwgIEECMYJ5gDAIgGAZIHAzQuNKAHsVA&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, @Amy Powell!  You've got an impressive bunch of skills and hobbies, and I'm impressed.  Please do have a look around the forums and post wherever you like.  You could even start a thread on one of your hobbies or interests if you like.  I imagine you keep yourself pretty busy with all of that.   We do have many gender fluid folks here that you'll find common cause with.  I look forward to hearing much more from you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Last year I needed a new handbag.  My requirements include having many interior and exterior pockets, zippers, heavy duty hardware, and it needs to be cross-body.  Amazingly, I found exactly the right one at Macy's, and it was Guess at 50% off! I was astounded.    Carolyn Marie
    • RaineOnYourParade
      When one signs up to and posts onto an online space, it's usually to the agreement of a set of terms and conditions. Basically, you're already signing yourself off to these rules, so you can't get upset if you did legitimately break the space's rules and got your post deleted/hidden/etc. Whether people abuse their power in being admins in some spaces and stretch the rules to seem like something is disobeying them in some way when, in reality, they just disagree with the post... well, that's another story. Freedom of Speech is only to say that the government can't restrict what you say, not ye average citizen, so online platforms completely have the right to remove or censor posts in that regard. The morality of that is pretty often under question, but it technically doesn't interfere with Freedom of Speech since online spaces are run by the public and not the government. Moderation of posts is essentially the same as if you put a whiteboard outside your house and said people could write messages on, you saw a message you found offensive that someone wrote, and then you erased it.
    • Sally Stone
      Personally, I think the moderators here strike the perfect balance, and I'd like to thank you all for your efforts.  
    • Sally Stone
      Don't forget TJ Maxx for purses.  I have purchased several from there.  They offer a great variety with good prices.  You can even find high-end bags at affordable prices.   @Ladypcnj purses are one of my weaknesses as well.
    • Mmindy
      You look wonderful.   🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • April Marie
      When I get stuck in androgynous mode for an extended period I have to admit that I salve the dysphoria at times through retail therapy.    And, I've been busy. I search for bargains a lot of eBay, put items on my watchlist, wait for an offer and then typically make a lower counter-offer. Most of the items I buy are new. The strategy has gotten me some amazing deals on brand name clothes.   I will also admi to being a Talbot's Girl and all these are Talbot's items. Their clothes just seem ti fit me well. New in my closet are:  
    • VickySGV
      We have even had them here from time to time I am afraid.   The rights of Free Speech actually carry a weighty responsibility to take the consequences of making that speech and it is that responsibility where the persons making the FREE hateful statements break down.  They insist that the Right shields them from the consequences, but it makes them all the more liable for them in reality.   
    • April Marie
      I hope you have a wonderful day and lunch!!
    • Jani
      When and if a post is removed here, there is always a PM to the poster to explain the action and offer them an opportunity to amend the post to align with T&C's (if possible).     Certainly!  There are always those who will flaunt the rules.  
    • Birdie
      Good morning!! Nice day preparing hamburgers and chips for lunch today for a visiting house guest.   
    • April Marie
      Actually, Memorial Day is the day where we remember and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country.   Veteran's Day, November 11th, is the day where we honor all who served.   Here is something I found that distinguishes among Memorial, Veteran's and Armed Forces day.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I think Norstrom and Marshalls would be the top leading stores for both fashion and their collections of purses.
    • April Marie
      Welcome to TGP, Amy! You'll find many like-minded people here as well as tons of information. Don't worry about trying to describe yourself. Relax, ask questions, and join in where you feel comfortable.    I started out like you, crossdressing in private, even hiding it from my wife, before coming to the realization that it was much more. I'm still only out to my wife, therapist and priest.....and, of course, everyone here. We all understand how difficult it can be to find oneself amid the emotions and challenges.    We are each unique yet share many commonalities.    We're glad you found us!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.