• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm A Woman?

Guest CameronCE

Guest CameronCE

My name is Cameron, I'm 21 years old and for the past four years have been kind of in gender limbo. I started questioning whether or not I was an MTF trans at 16, but the stress hurt me too much, so I basically let go of my gender issue and let it evolve on it's own.

I've had long hair down to my shoulders since then, and whenever me and my boyfriend go on dates I always put on makeup for him (he doesn't mind) and during puberty, I never let my voice break (i've sounded like a woman since I was 13) I basically have a female accent and pitch, no one ever mistakes it for a males voice.

This past year I had a daughter with my FTM boyfriend, and of course she's gonna have to call me something, thats when I started thinking more about it... "if I have such a hard time deciding whether or not my daughter should call me mom, I obviously have SOME gender issue" Also, the fact that soon i'll be saving up for a trachea shave that i've wanted since I first noticed the damned thing, and thats lead me to looking into other FFS surgerys.

It's as if i've been an MTF this whole time in denial. It's just convenient for everyone around me if I stay a male, especially my mother :o THe thing is if everyone accepted it, i'd take hormones right this minute... but they don't... my boyfriend barely accepts it... I barely accept it..

I wanna be a woman, but not... well, you've heard the story before. It's just scary. I used to be a male model, after all :/

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Cameron. I am glad you found the site and decided to join. It sounds like you may have some questions for us. Feel free to ask any you might have and we will try to help.

When you get a chance take a look at the terms and conditions located at the top of the page. We are a moderated site and keep it pg-13.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Hi Cameron,

Welcome to Laura's this is a very warm and welcoming place. You are not alone. We have a lot of folks here with stories very similar to yours.

Come on in and have some of Sally's cookies and a cup of Donna Jean's great cocoa, sit down, kick off your shoes, and relax. You are amongst friends here.

My first recommendation for you is to get yourself hooked up with a gender therapist. They can really help you to sort out what is going on and assist you in getting to know yourself. After all, only you can answer your questions.

We all are dealing with family and friends and their reactions to us. Those reactions run the whole gamut from total acceptance and support to complete denial and rejection.

Here at Laura's you will always be amongst friends who will not give you any pressure or judgement and will help in any way we can to get you through whatever lies ahead.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and comments and getting to know you better.

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Cameron.....

Welcome to the Playground...

I'm Donna Jean

It looks as if we have two goodie carts rolling around this morning...well, at least you got your treats!

Make yourself at home...the gender therapist is probably the very best advice that you received...I'd look into it if I were you....ok?

It's nice to have you..

Donna Jean

Guest miss kindheart

Hi Cameron,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Hi Cameron, and a belated welcome to Laura's!

Nice to have you join us here. With time and discussion you will most likely find a path that is acceptable to you.

You probably are already aware of this, but with five postings you are eligible to make use of the Personal Messenger (PM) option available on this site.

Please post more as you are comfortable in doing so.

Huggs,

Opal