• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My First Meeting With A Gt!

Guest Zoe_Ikeda

Guest Zoe_Ikeda

So, I had my first appointment with a GT last Wednesday and it went very well as I think I've been set on a clearer path.

One thing I realized is that my insecurity about passing, is really just because I'm very shallow as a guy. I was worried that I would not be a beautiful woman, which is holding me back from being the woman I am. This was a huge breakthrough for me and very exciting.

For as long as I can remember, I've felt it would be wonderful to be perceived as a woman by the rest of the world, and now I feel much less insecure about trying.

Also, I was sketching my mom at a family gathering over the weekend(I'm a wannabe artist), and while I was doing so she started naming off her facial features she didn't like, which indecently, were exactly the same facial features I don't like about myself. I realized that as a woman, I would look like my mother, so long as HRT softens my features.

Having said all this. :P I uploaded a pic of myself to my gallery. Some tips on feminizing would be most helpful. Well, other than the beardshadow, lack of makeup, and thick eyebrows I mean.

Guest NatalieRene

Well I think hrt would do wonders on you. The big things you can do for now is buy new glasses, brush and comb your hair and wear a smile on your face. I think judging by your face that you'd pass pretty well.

Hi Zoe,

Well, I am told I do not smile enough, so there is something that is easy to work on. From what I can tell of your photo, you will be passable, we are the most critical of ourselves.

Although the photo cannot tell me this, how is your voice? That can make a huge difference in passing in public. Has your GT indicated a willingness to help you with these things?

Huggs,

Opal

Guest Zoe_Ikeda

Thanks for the suggestions! Ya know, I didn't even think about smiling more. I should anyway, since many people think I'm angry or sad when I'm not feeling much of anything.

My GT has said that she would help me though everything, and provide me with all the referrals I need, but we have yet to work out specifics.

I have been working on my voice, but its going slow. Most of the resources I've used are online so far, so if anyone has any suggestions then I'm all ears.

Guest Donna Jean

Zoe.....

I'm happy for you.....

I'm so glad that you're not doing what I did , and that is to not transition for years and years because I thought I'd never look enough as a woman...I waited 'til I was 58 to start...that time I just said "Heck with looks, I'm a woman"....

But after 20 months HRT...I pass 100%....

You will, too...

I looked at your pic...your face isn't much different from mine at your age...you'll do just fine...

Huggs

Donna Jean

• Admin

Congrats on the first appointment, and especially that it went well and you're already gaining important insights.

There will be a lot more where that came from, I'm certain.

I agree with the other ladies, hon. You will do very well on HRT. Just keep reading the forums and getting ideas on fashion and beauty

and mannerisms.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie