• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally Home From Afghanistan!

After 7 long months in the sand box and taking care of marines, having my vehichle hit an IED, and dealing with the effects, i am finally home. and all and all it's good to be home. it's nice seeing and hearing fro mfamily and friends. but it's not nice being single again... my BF and i seperated during the deployment due to my "condition" and the fact that i'm not male enough for him... I'M NOT A MALE TO BEGIN WITH...... at least not in heart, mind and spirit..... but yeah... all and all i'm glad to be back. and i know there is prolly ALOT that i've missed since march but i've TRIED to stay up to date.

how's everyone doing? anything interesting or exciting happen while i was gone? (march through 2 days ago)

Anira

Guest sarah f

Welcome Back Anira! :D

Let me first say Thank You for serving our country. I am glad you are back state side and in one piece.

I hope you are able to stick around for a while before they ship you out again. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Guest Donna Jean

how's everyone doing? anything interesting or exciting happen while i was gone? (march through 2 days ago)

Anira

Nawwwww...nothing interesting except some of us are changing sex...lol

Welcome back, Honey!

Wow! I'ts good to see you back all safe and sound!

Nice to have you again!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Hi Anaira,

Welcome back to Laura's! As others have mentioned, thank you so much for your service to the country in extremely trying circumstances.

Huggs,

Opal

Welcome home, Anira!

It is so good that you made it home OK, that is a very scary place and your vehicle being hit by an IED , oh my.

But you are back here in the relative safety of the USA, thanks to the wonderful people like you who serve to protect us.

You asked about what has happened since March well let me see on April 1, I got up and fixed my usual breakfast of one fried egg with cayenne pepper and two pieces of toast, I signed onto Laura's to approve some posts before I took my shower then into the shower..........Too much information?

Let's just skip ahead and say that life continued to happen with all of its ups and downs and now here we are today - make it a great one.

Love ya,

Sally

Anira hon,

Thank you for your service to our country, i hope you go not have to go back there anytime soon, i am sorry to hear about your boyfriend but i am sure you will find someone new in time.

Paula

WELCOME HOME ANIRA!!!!!! Thank you for everything that you have done for our country. I too feel sorry that you lost your BF. It's hard to lose someone you love dearly because they do not share the same vision that you have of yourself. I am afraid that when I tell my girlfriend that the same thing will happen to me. Hang in there, this too shall pass and we are all here to support you

-HUGS-

Erika

Guest Billijo49504

Hi Anira, Even though I'm new here, I to would like to welcome you back from the war. And thank you for your service to the country. I wish you many happy days..Billijo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shelley

Welcome back. You're not alone. I returned from Afghanistan back in Feb. Got plenty of the 107's and the bullets aimed at me like you, it doesn't get any easier to deal with. You still have all your finger and all your toes, I hope. I did time at BAF, KAF, Farah, Shindand, JAF, Bermel, Shkin, Qalat, Orgun-E and A-Bad. If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here. I know what you've been through down range.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as an update on things since my return. it's been a little over a month... and i'm still wanting to cry remembering some of the stuff that happened out there.... i may not have seen as much combat as some in our battalion but i saw plenty of the damage it causes....*lowers her ears* i've been having troubles sleeping and the doctor has perscribed me ambien for it.... which i'm scared to take most of the time cause; one if i take it during the week i'm afraid i'll be late for work cause it really knocks me off my feet. 2 i suffer from depression... (i have my theories on the causes but... haven't talked to a doctor about it) and i'm afraid if i have a really bad bout of it... those will be one of the first things i reach for.... anyways.. continuing on.... i still haven't been able to begin seeing a gender therapist yet and i want to..... so badly.....

Guest Guest_SL

Nawwwww...nothing interesting except some of us are changing sex...lol

Welcome back, Honey!

Wow! I'ts good to see you back all safe and sound!

Nice to have you again!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Donna Jean,

That made me spit my wine! Anira, as a fellow/sister vet, I'm glad you're back. Thanks for the time you gave and the courage you displayed. The flag you defended gives us the right to be here and be us.

Sara Lee

Guest Emily Ray

Anira,

Welcome home!!! Thank you for your service for our country and your Marines! I am so happy you made it home safe. With all your fingers and toes I hope!

Huggs,

Emily

Guest stranger
i'm still wanting to cry remembering some of the stuff that happened out there

Maybe it would be a good idea to join a vet's support group?

About VA therapists, though...YMMV, from what I've heard secondhand.

Guest TracieV3

After 7 long months in the sand box and taking care of marines, having my vehichle hit an IED, and dealing with the effects, i am finally home. and all and all it's good to be home. it's nice seeing and hearing fro mfamily and friends. but it's not nice being single again... my BF and i seperated during the deployment due to my "condition" and the fact that i'm not male enough for him... I'M NOT A MALE TO BEGIN WITH...... at least not in heart, mind and spirit..... but yeah... all and all i'm glad to be back. and i know there is prolly ALOT that i've missed since march but i've TRIED to stay up to date.

Anira

Anira, I am glad you are back home, and you are now have the opportunity to be yourself.

And like others here have stated, thank you service in the defense of this nation.

Tracie