• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Would Be Nice

Guest Wendae

It sure would be nice if folks would leave comments about our photos. It takes a lot of guts to post our photos and time to look our best. A girl loves compliments!

• Forum Moderator

People tend to comment on the threads where pics are mentioned and not on the gallery pages. I'm the same way and don't know why.

But if you look at lots of galleries you'll see almost no one has comments.

It isn't you or your pic. Partly too perhaps because when there are several pics it's hard to respond to each one individually.

I like your pics and have responded to them on the thread where ou mentioned adding them.

Hugs

John

Guest ChloëC

Wendae,

Those are nice pics in your gallery. But as the others have said, I don't do much commenting there, and looking at my Gallery neither do others. 15 pics and 3 comments.

But I do notice the number of views, so I know people look at them, and I find it interesting that some pics have significantly more views than others (there is a date correlation of course, but some defy that). That alone is almost the same as a comment.

I guess it's sort of a trade-off in a way. You put them in the Gallery and they are always there for members to see, but not too many comments. You put them in your post, get a number of comments while the post is still up there, and then, the post and pic tend to drift off into that vast graveyard of old posts never (what? never? well, hardly ever ;) ) to be seen again.

Hugs

Chloë

I'm just as guilty in not leaving comments. Still, we post the pictures for comments.... "How do I look?" ... "Do I pass?"..... "Say something!" For many of us this may be the only exposure we get without confrontation or derision. It's the same with stories we write and our blogs. I'm alwayts going back to see if there were any comments good or bad. Comments here have resulted in frendships and I've used them in stories I've written.