• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Delaware

Guest Winnowill

Guest Winnowill

Hi everyone,

The forums here are GREAT! They provide both a lot of information as well as support & ppl to talk to who are going thru or have gone thru the same things.

But, there IS one place where the forums are a bit lacking: Getting info/recommendations specific to where we live.

Sure, for things like SRS we all pretty much know who’s the best, and we’ll travel. But, for all the rest of it, I feel it would be a major help if we could begin to pool our resources, info and recommendations on a more local level.

Using myself (and this topic) as an example: If you live in (Central) Delaware, who do we have to go to for counseling? How can we find a good place for electrolysis, one that’s TG friendly, has experience with male facial hair, Etc. as well as being within a reasonable distance? Where could we go for hair restoration? What are the LGBT bars/clubs in the area? What support groups are nearby? The list could go on and on.

For me, both my counselor and the ‘local’ Renaissance chapter are over an hour’s drive away (and in Delaware, you can drive from the northern border of the state to the southern border in about 2 hours).

With 9,653 members here, I can’t see myself as being the only one from central DE.

I’d REALLY like to see a new forum created for this purpose. But, since we don’t have that, I’m going to try this here.

So, since electrolysis is something I need to start soon, I’ll open with that:

1. Can anyone recommend a good electrolysis place in Central DE (Kent County), and if so, what are their prices like?

Sue

Guest Winnowill

"I guess part of it is personal safety. Reveling the information openly can be quite dangerous especially with the kind of people that target us."

I really don't follow that. How can saying that "I went to Acme Electrolysis 5555 Rt. 13 in Dover. They're good, have reasonable prices and are TS friendly." be dangerous? I seriously doubt anyone is very likely to stake the place out and just wait for a possible TS to show up so they can harrass the woman.

Sue

Guest chngnwnd

Sue and I met today. We had a great talk and I finally met a sister from Laura's. Yay. Of all the trans people I know, she lives the closest...very cool.

hugs

Bobbi