• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Girly Girl With A Girly Man?

Guest trying to understand

Guest trying to understand

Hey folks,

I'm in the lucky position of being completely at ease with my gender - I'm biologically a girl and mentally definitely a stereotypical one also! I'm on these forums because my boyfriend confided in me a few days ago that he sometimes cross-dresses, and I'm trying to understand a bit more about what that means. Reading a lot of the stuff on this website has scared me a lot, because its making me even more worried that one day he'll decide he really does see himself as a girl, not as a man. He says that will never be the case though, that he is definitely a guy, who just sometimes feels more relaxed in womens clothes. I find it all a bit confusing...

Are there any people on here who are cross-dressers whose desire to be a woman goes no further than occassionally wanting to wear a skirt? Or is that really unusual - do most cross-dressers end up wanting to actually be the opposite sex?

Any support gratefully received....

xxx

• Root Admin

Hi T2U,

Are there any people on here who are cross-dressers whose desire to be a woman goes no further than occassionally wanting to wear a skirt?

Yes, many of us. Some dress purely for the sensation that wearing the clothes of the opposite sex gives, others go a bit further as in wear the underclothes as well. I CD as fully as I can and I enjoy the time I can spend "en femme" and I find it can really help me unwind from the stresses of a (few) hard days at work.

But as for wanting to be female, no. There are those who do want to actually change sex and will go for surgery to do so, but the crossdresser does not.

Guest Keiichi-kun

There are many men out there who have no desire whatsoever to be a woman but just enjoy the clothes. If your partner says he doesn't want to be a woman than I would take his word for it. He's just a guy who likes to let out his feminine side every once in a while.

Guest Sheila

hi trying to understand,

it sounds like your boyfriend is very lucky to have you as a girlfriend. all of the woman i have known wouldn't give me the light of day if they knew i like to dress in woman's clothing. but it goes farther than that. i do want to be a woman. in fact, i've known this since i was a child. the odd thing here though is i'm strongly attracted to woman. if he says he just like dressing up then maybe that's as far as he'll ever go. i'm quick to state my intentions and always wanted a girlfriend who would understand but they seem far and few in between. if it doesn't bother you then maybe you should indulge him. i'm no expert but it might do wonders for your relationship. if i would of had a girlfriend who understood me i might just stilll be with her. i hope this helps, :)

sheila

Guest CharliTo

yup! he sounds like a crossdresser.

and hey, like a few of my friends told me, it a lot better than a person who turns out to be a mass murderer. :D

It'll take some time, I can understand, but your partner's very lucky for having a girl who's going through all this research just for him. :]

Guest Snow Angel
Hey folks,

Reading a lot of the stuff on this website has scared me a lot, because its making me even more worried that one day he'll decide he really does see himself as a girl, not as a man.

Any support gratefully received....

xxx

Transsexualism isn't a decision people make. It's something that we get at birth. If your boyfriend claims he is happy socially being a man, then he is just that. He is a man that likes women's clothing occasionally, not a transsexual. There is nothing wrong with being a crossdresser, and there is nothing wrong with being transsexual. Crossdressers can actually be quite fun guys. They are oftentimes more fun than rigid 'manly men'. A crossdressing husband could be a lot more fun because you have someone to talk about clothes with, and give/get fashion tips; rather than a husband who drinks beer, watching Nascar and Football all day and has nothing to talk about with you. (Sorry, that was horribly stereotypical, but every stereotype DOES have a hint of truth.)

Guest NikkiG2579

Well I would ask him stright up is it just crossdressing or do you think you want to go further. Myself I started with cross dressing but knew I wanted more and more and have fought it for years. In the past few years I gave in and have transistioned to allmost all female I now live and work as a women full time. Im very lucky to have a wife who has become supportive and we are re-marrying each other with myself as a bride:-). Sorry your best bet is to be upfront and open and ask him. More then likely he is just a cross dresser