• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Vererans Day Is Near November 11, 2010

Guest Billijo49504

Guest Billijo49504

Hi to all the vets out there. I was wondering how many of us got emails from the President, last year, on Veterans Day. Last year my dad, he was WWII, and I,from Viet Nam, went to AppleBees restaurant, for the free meal to vets. And as proof of service I showed the server my email. I had several people that asked to see it, and they couldn't believe it. Then another vet came over and showed me his email, it was the same, except for the first name, it was addressed to. There were 4 of us there that had the same email. I don't know why I got one. But it sure was a surprise...Billijo

Guest Billijo49504

Well it appears that no one here ever got one, so I'll past a copy of my letter here.

Bill --

Today, on Veterans Day, my message to you is simple: Thank you. Thank you for your selfless service, for your valor, and for your strength of purpose that make all of us proud to be Americans.

Today, Americans will pause amidst a great conversation about the future of our nation to take a moment and recognize your service to our democracy -- a service that guarantees us all the liberty to engage freely in that conversation, no matter what our views may be.

We know that we owe you a debt that cannot be repaid. But we can and will fulfill our nation's promise to stand by you and your loved ones. That is why we've worked hard for better care for our veterans, and why we provided the largest increase in Veterans Administration funding in history.

Today, we honor those Americans past and present who've served on battlefields from Lexington to Antietam, Normandy to Manila, Inchon to Khe Sanh, Ramadi to Kandahar. You have defended our freedom on land, and at sea, and in the air.

You reflect the diversity that makes this America. You share a patriotism beyond question. And you share the same unflinching courage, selfless compassion, and uncommon camaraderie that -- when faced with the tragedy of a despicable and heartbreaking attack last Thursday -- the soldiers and civilians of Ft. Hood humbly revealed to the world.

You and your loved ones are the patriotic men and women we honor today, Veterans Day. And you are the men and women we shall honor every day, in times of war and times of peace, so long as our nation endures.

Thank you.

President Barack Obama

This is what I got on November 11, 2009...Billijo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Billijo49504

I got another email for Veterans Day. But this time it was from Mrs. Obama, asking everyon to help the families of those that are serving now. Another buddy of mine got one too. We went out for a steak for lunch and had dinner at Apple Bees, bacon cheese burger, couldn't finish it all, but it was great!!! Thanks to all that served...Billijo