• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Can't Chose A Haircut.

Guest Samurai_Kid

Guest Samurai_Kid

I want a haircut, but I can't think of what. I've never gotten a haircut honestly, and my parents have always decided on my hair style.

I was thinking of going with one of my favorite manga characters looks, but he looks so nice with short hair too. The protagonist of the manga has really pretty hair too, I like her style (though obviously she doesn't considering how masculine it is), but I'm unsure too..

I have no idea what style fits my face and body. I've never really had short hair.

So I went onto this website for help and...Fudge.

Now it's even worse. There are so many cool styles. I really like the "Medium length, messy" look but I also want to try out a shorter look.

Guest seanjamie

Yeah I had the same problem with my first shorter cut :) and found the exact same sight - it took me weeks to decide and even then I was nervous

- all I can really recomend is that you look at alot of different styles (eg. search google images - type in male hairstyles) - too see what you like the best, what fits your hair colour and your personal style.

I think there is a bit on that website about face shape and styles which may come in handy as it gives you a ruff idea of what will suit and what won't.

Plus if their was a longer mid length style you liked maybe try that first and if you really don't like how it looks then you can go for the shorter style and get them to fix it there and then.

I hope this helps , I know its not much but yeah I hope your search is worth it and you get what you want :)

p.s. one more thing that I found useful is looking up to find free virtual hairstyle changer ... it was something like that sorry it's been a while but yeah you can load a picture of yourself on their and they have quite a few famous hairstyles and you can manouver the image into place so it replaces your hairstyle with theirs and you get a ruff idea of what it looks like on you.

Alright well goodluck :)

~Sean

Guest HaileyR

Hair stylists can tell what kind of a cut would work from you from your facial shape and other things. Just go to a salon and get a consultation and the stylist will help you find a stylish cut that looks great on you.

Guest Cynthia Of Creation

well why dont you go with the longest hair cut, and keep getting it cut shorter and shorter, intull you like it?

or you can keep going see which one you like

get a picture of each cut before getting it shorter

also get a picture of different ways your wearing it. and than when its real short you can always let it grow back to the length and hair style you liked.

so get it cut some what long, than take a picture , change the hair style, take another picture, than cut it a little shorter, take a picture, change style and take another picture,

Guest Samurai_Kid

You know, I was thinking of just getting a generic cut. Just asking the person to cut it to a certain length.

But..What length? If I ask my mom, she'll want me to get a rather medium length one or a feminine one.

Also, my mom doesn't like the idea of me going to a barber.

Guest seanjamie

yeah you could do that

- if your

mom doesn't like the idea of me going to a barber

maybe try a unisex salon/ hairdresser - you may feel a little more comfortable cause they tend to get a very big range of customers so they tend to be more open minded when they take a range of customers ( not all but yeah just an idea)

- have a look at some pics when you get to the place and ask them what length ,out of the pics you like, they think would suit best.

Hope you manage to get the hair cut you would like

goodluck

Guest Annaemo

First two manga hair are regular Japanese hair styles with a little exaggeration maybe. My friend was a hair stylist in Tokyo and they like to grow there hair much longer than I'd expect western people to. Asian hair is also a lot less oily so stays straight more than western hair.

My hair now is a bit like this but a lot shorter.

http://c.wrzuta.pl/wm17182/c6a76d2000036e244607e8ba/emo%20boy?type=i&key=s7hUa7Vkrp&ft=d

Guest Jace Quent

Looking online never got me anywhere. I just told my mom I needed a short haircut and she took me to a salon (yes, a salon :rolleyes: ) in the mall. I told the guy who was gonna cut my hair I wanted it short and he asked me to look at some magazines. I made it a point to say that I wanted it a gender-neutral style and showed him a bunch that I thought looked nice. He got a general idea of what I liked and gave me a short cut that works with my hair type looks nice with my facial shape. If you haven't already gotten your haircut, you could probably just find a good stylist to help you cut your hair. Mine was chosen for me but it worked out nicely.

Guest Samurai_Kid

You should try an L from Death Note hair style. Its short and sexy and really easy. I had one before. It was AWESOME!

Nah. Too messy; I'd look like I just came out of bed and am cosplaying.

Why am I always sent back to that FTM guide?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 126 Guests (See full list)

• MAN8791
    • Petra Jane
    • MaybeRob
    • April Marie
    • kristinabee
    • Justine76
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Vivelacors
    Newest Member
    Vivelacors

1. Aelia
      Aelia
      (22 years old)
    2. Just-Jenny-finally
      Just-Jenny-finally
      (65 years old)
    3. KelcieK
      KelcieK
      (50 years old)
    4. Krimson Kya
      Krimson Kya
      (35 years old)
    5. Robin
      Robin
      (56 years old)
    • MAN8791
      Both of my parents were raised in WASP-ish families. What was or wasn't appropriate, with an emphasise on superficial appropriateness (conformity) was verbally beaten into me the second I hit puberty.   Which is really sad as I think back, and was bewildering at the time. I remember being really free to be expressive how I wanted to and then once I started puberty, all of that freedom disappeared and I didn't understand, at all.
    • MAN8791
      I'm doing "beans and rice" for dinner tonight, but it's Punjabi style red bean curry and saffron rice, and I always have an appetizer tray of cut vegetables and dip (seasoned yogurt to go with the theme) on the table.  Might grab a package of naan from the store on the way home, or just make a pan of very american biscuits to go with.
    • MAN8791
      I'm volunteering both days of our Pride Festival (signing other volunteers in, lol).    Taking my two younger kids (oldest is way too cool for school, lol) to a family friendly pride festival, and then turning them loose at the city wide event while I listen to music. They're old enough to experiment with independence and the festival is in a controlled enough space they can feel like they're getting away from me without being *that* far away. My middle is newly out as LGBTQ+ and has been practicing their makeup look for a couple weeks already (age 14) <3 
    • Ashley0616
      Well today was mostly sleeping so far. I woke up at around 0600 and made sure my oldest was ready for school. I came back down on the computer chair and next thing I knew it was 0953. I went through speech therapy for myself. Next thing I realize it's 1300 and apparently went to sleep again. I knew I slept last night but whew apparently not enough. 
    • MAN8791
      Jeans, grey henley, heathered grey blazer with elbow patches, split sole jazz sneakers. Blazer is one of my favorite wardrobe pieces and it's warm but super windy today so perfect sort of day for it 
    • MAN8791
      Fragile is my word of the day. More intense dysphoria than my baseline normal, feeling emotionally on edge. Also ignoring a piece of therapy homework that's actually going to be beautiful when it's done (I'm doing an art piece exploring emotions around the name I was given at birth).
    • MAN8791
      Got accosted in a grocery store parking lot this morning by someone out on a petition drive (in my state, citizens can gather petition signatures to advance ballot measures; I'm always a little cautious about encountering petition drives "in the wild" because unless it's an issue that's been talked about *a lot* it can also be used as a way to just gather voter information).   ANYWAY, the person with the clipboard is presumable cis male and aggressive and I'm AFAB, genderfluid, dressed pretty androgenously this morning and this guy hollars across the parking lot asking "young lady" if I'm a registered voter.   Informed him I'm neither young nor a lady (guy was at least a decade younger than me, maybe more) and wasn't interested in the petition anyway.   "Oh, so I guess you're just offended then."   "YEP!"  
    • Vidanjali
      Welcome @FelixThePickleMan! I admire your ambition to become a K9 handler. Working dogs are fascinating and outstanding. 
    • Vidanjali
    • FelixThePickleMan
      I also struggle with being short (5'2) and everyone around me is taller especially my guy friends. And to my guy friend I pass with them and they're cool with me being trans but I often don't feel man enough and I'ts really hard dealing with the feeling of not being enough, and my mom often makes it seem as if I'm hopping on a trend which isn't true. I wear masculine clothes and sometimes I pass well but a lot of times I don't and that's really a struggle. Some people say I act masculine and others say the opposite, I try to pass but some times it's really hard especially with my mom because she uses my birth name me and uses she her pronouns for me and doesn't let anyone use anything else because they say they're being respectful to her even though she's not there. I remember being in an art group and they use my name Felix and my mom got flaming mad and told me and the people in charge that if they called me Felix again she would revoke my privilege to go there and I'd never go again. So it's often tough to pass all the time. 
    • Ashley0616
      WOW! Did she give a reason at least? It's not like it takes up that much space.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Yeah, it would be awesome to have something new, and it would fit the space pretty well.  We have kitchen counters big enough to process whole deer, goats, large amounts of vegetables, etc.   Unfortunately for me, I couldn't even convince our "den queen" to let me have counter space in our downstairs kitchenette for a Keurig.  🙄
    • Vidanjali
    • MAN8791
      I think the biggest mental block to acceptance is the language that keeps us othered and on the fringes, rather than woven deeply into society. But I also think that's changing fairly rapidly. My youngest is well into their young adult genre novels phase and I'm impressed (and kind of amazed) at how many of their mainstream traditionally published novels have LGBTQ+ themes woven in. That child is 12, and I suspect that as the kids who are in middle school along with them grow up, they're just going to expect and demand better than we've done as their parents. They've seen it in the fiction they read and have every expectation that it will be part of the life they live.
    • Ashley0616
      Heck they took off three grand on that one. That is massive! Then again your nest isn't small either so I guess would definitely come in handy.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.