• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A New Challenger Is Approaching!

Guest TheMysteriousQuail

Guest TheMysteriousQuail

Hello, I'm The Mysterious Quail. You may call me just Quail if you'd like, though. I'm still in the process of trying to figure out who I am, and maybe you kind people can help me.

58491_159168624094162_100000030765196_511162_1274290_n.jpg

(I hope this image isn't too big in dimensions.)

Facts:

MtF?

Fifteen years old.

5'11" in height.

Female shoe size thirteen, maybe but probably not twelve.

Plays guitar.

Feedback on my appearance would be helpful. I'm REALLY self-conscious about my body, considering who I (think I) am.

Hi Quail,

Welcome to Laura's! Nice to have you join in. This site has lots of useful information, plus there are many wonderful people one can have polite conversation with.

In case you have not already done so, please read the Terms and Conditions found at the upper right corner of most every page. It is for everyone's protection.

There will be others along shortly to say hello, plus some virtual snacks, too!

Hugs,

Opal

• Forum Moderator

Hi Quail,

Welcome to Laura's. You have found a great place to explore your identity and feelings.

We aren't therapists, and a gender therapist is the best way to find your way through this maze of questions and confusion about gender, but we will be happy to answer questions and share experiences or just listen if you need to talk. We understand because most of us ave been through the same things.

Please post as much as you want-express your opinions and ask your questions. I look forward to hearing more from you.

John

Hi Quail and welcome to Laura's Playground, :)

I'm glad you have decided to post here. That can take some courage. You might want to chose a female name for yourself. When I did I knew for sure I should have been a girl at birth because the female name felt right. Also instead of FT?, you might want to change that to MT?. That says that you are a male and are questioning whether you want to be a female. If you are wanting to be a female, you should chose MTF. It's only there to make others understand your intentions. BTW I'm size 13 and it's not easy to find female shoes, although clothes aren't too bad.

5'11" makes you potentially pass better than I do. I'm between 6'1" and 6'2". What matters most is your attitude. If you are confident and project female, others will see you as female.

If you are serious in transitioning to a female, you should find a gender therapist. A GT can give you a recommendation letter for an endocrinologist to start the process. Look for a quality GT that has your interest at heart. The GT should make you ready for physical transition by understanding you mentally so you can have the smoothest transition possible. You need to be brutally honest, even if it delays your transition for a month or two. It's best in the long run. You will understand this in time.

Your hair is definitely long enough and your facial features are very good. I'd go to a beauty salon and find a transgender friendly worker (most young women are) to trim your eyebrows. Your lips pass very well. They already have a red color to them Your facial dimensions are very good. You should do well if you put in the effort. You can be well on your way and if you do the work, you should pass with no problem. I'm cheering for you and hope you understand I'm not trying to criticize you as much as make your transition more smooth.

I'd like to hear more from you. Understand that there are a lot of wise members here who can give you valuable information. Plus explore the forums and a lot of your questions will be answered. I hope that you can find yourself and find the happiness you deserve.

Jenny

Guest Elizabeth K

Lotta welcoming and a few comments to your questions.

So my 2 cents?

Yes - see if you can get some help from a gender trained therapist - they can be your best friend!

Secondly - if you Do discover you are trasgender - if you DO decide to transition?

Yes - you will do well. My opinion...

I hope this helps.

I am 6'1" and wear women's shoe size 12 W or 13 M. Lot of big women in the world. It took two years, a lot of therapy, and being under the care of a physician for HRT - but I now live full time as myself - a woman - and have no problem.

Lizzy

Guest TheMysteriousQuail

Thanks you all for your kind words. Especially those complimenting my appearance - it means a lot to me.

I did see a therapist for about...six or seven hours total. My mother, when I told her that I was uncomfortable with my body, didn't take the new well at all, but she did help me find a therapist. She called our insurance company, for I was covered up to eight free sessions. They had a list of therapists they could direct me to, and my mother asked for one that knew of my situation. But, after the time I went, she wasn't really knowledgeable about trans people. She did know somebody like me, but she didn't know how to help me. So, I stopped seeing her. I live in Anchorage, Alaska, so the trans community here is probably really small. I've tried searching, but I can't find any support groups or anything of the sort. Though, my friends are very accepting of me; I am thankful for that. Just, the family is a problem. I've only come out to my mother, which I thought was to be the person who would give me the least grief for it.

Another question: Do you think my shoulders look fine? This is what I worry about the most. My shoulder/hip ratio, that is. I have a 29 in. waist, which I suppose is good, but it makes my top look huge in comparison.

Again, thank you all.

Guest miss kindheart

Hi TheMysteriousQuail,

<<< hug >>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest KimberlyF

Another question: Do you think my shoulders look fine? This is what I worry about the most. My shoulder/hip ratio, that is. I have a 29 in. waist, which I suppose is good, but it makes my top look huge in comparison.

Don't stress about this type of stuff. Women come in every shape and size. They're not made from a cookie cutter. Look at most mags and they show you how to dress for your frame. I didn't look at that pic and lock in on your shoulders.

I love your city. I do get that it is kind of away from everything, which could be hard for someone who is TG but it is very beautiful. The whole area is breathtaking.

Kim

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Quail. I am glad you found the site and decided to join.

As far as your appearance goes, you look good pre HRT. You should do just fine if you decide to transition. I like your picture but try to smile next time. Women tend to smile more. I would also thin the brows a little bit.

I hope this helps. I look forward to seeing more from you so if you have any questions at all just ask.

• Forum Moderator

Hey Quail,

Lot's of nice folks, and many musicians here at Laura's, so kick back enjoy the forums or chat.

Welcome and Hugs

Cindy -