• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Testicle Transplant?

Guest Masculinity

Guest Masculinity

I was wondering...is it possible for an FTM to have real testicles transplanted? I think it is,since I heard an ovary transplant to a woman was successful,also because transplanting testicles sounds simple to me.

I hope it's possible since many FTM's want to produce sperm and everything like a generic male.

Yes, it's possible. Check out the page on Hudson's Guide about Genital Reconstruction Surgery (google for it).

EDIT It's possible to get the implants, I'm not sure about the sperm.

Edited by Colm
edited for clarity
Guest harvester52

I know that one can get testicular implants, small silicone testicles to fill out the neo-scrotum that's formed when one has lower surgery. I am unsure about actual functioning testicles however. It may be a possibility in the future, but I've never heard of it for a transguy. Try Google-searching it.

-BC

Guest JaniceW

If you want real ones you can have mine... ONLY if you help me pay for MY surgery. :D

Melanie Dawn

There is another thread talking about a clothing exchange. Perhaps we could start a body parts exchange, I'll trade two testicles and a penis for two breasts and a vagina. Anyone interested?

Guest Masculinity

I wish there was some petition I could do so every scientist in the world can try it...it's worth it,if we transsexual people want functioning genitals,then we need to beg for it so we can get what we want.

And JaniceW ..of course,would you like small breasts and a vagina that is still developing from a 14 year old like me? :lol:

Guest My_Genesis

I wish there was some petition I could do so every scientist in the world can try it...it's worth it,if we transsexual people want functioning genitals,then we need to beg for it so we can get what we want.

I agree haha.

Guest Crossroads

I don't think I'd ever want some strangers' sperm. Who knows what ugly babies I'd have? I think it's much better to push for stem cell research, where they can grow parts with your DNA. I wish it were magic instead. That'd make life easy.

Guest My_Genesis

I don't think I'd ever want some strangers' sperm. Who knows what ugly babies I'd have? I think it's much better to push for stem cell research, where they can grow parts with your DNA. I wish it were magic instead. That'd make life easy.

Yeah, I think that's the route we should be going down. The only issue is... how do you get sperm production and male tissues from genetically female DNA? Hmm...

And totally! Like in the Sims and other video games where you can just switch the gender of the character at the push of a button.

Guest Robin Winter

Yeah, I think that's the route we should be going down. The only issue is... how do you get sperm production and male tissues from genetically female DNA? Hmm...

And totally! Like in the Sims and other video games where you can just switch the gender of the character at the push of a button.

Our bodies all start the same way in the womb. It's basically just a little switch that decides what bits we get. They just have to figure out how to flip that switch back the other way and how to get the body to regrow those bits. Easy peasy ;)

Guest StrandedOutThere

That made me lol. Good point!

I want my children to be as purty as I am!

Guest JaniceW

... Who knows what ugly babies I'd have? ...

That's true, at least wiht your own sperm you would definitely know how ugly your babies would be, err I mean how beautiful. :rolleyes:

Guest ChloëC

Just supposing, but right now I think the following is possible. And I think it works for both mtfs and ftms.

Be prepared to pay a lot of money. (A LOT) Find a place that you can have your sperm or eggs extracted before any transitioning. Find a single donor (gender specific depending on needs) that matches your and/or your partner's characteristics/needs/etc as closely as possible. Do in-vitro fertilization, a surrogate mother, or whatever.

Do it twice with the same people involved, once with you, once with your partner. The outcome will be two children, both related to one another (brother-brother, brother-sister, sister-sister), each from each partner.

It's not perfect but you both will have a 'stake' in each child, and they will be related to each other. Have the place you both stored your sperm or eggs, randomly choose one or the other not telling you who's was who's when used. Because you know each child came from one of you, and they are related to each other, they will be YOUR children.

Finally, give them all the love you can...and where they came from won't matter that much in the long run.

I think all this is possible, today. What you're all talking about is tomorrow, and that could be a long way off before it's readily available, either transplants or stem cell.

Hugs

Chloë

That's true, at least wiht your own sperm you would definitely know how ugly your babies would be, err I mean how beautiful. :rolleyes:

LOL!

as for the "i don't want ugly children"

Hmm... Well erm some people who have parents you may call 'ugly' seem to grow to be handsome or stunning....So I'll have to disagree with people on that one.

But the thought of actually having someone elses sperm.....from something attached to me.....*quivers* No thanks.