• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgender Staff Member Here Beaten. In Icu

We have had many of our members here the victims of violence against transgender people. Today it happened to a staff member here ashley4262 a moderator here who has saved many lives preventing suicide in the chat rooms. Ashley was also working with us on our new transgender Foundation and our NoJudgement project. She was rear ended in an accident and the other motorist beat her so severley that she is now in ICU fighting for her life. This was in the Chicago area. Ashley started her Transistion 2 weeks ago. Her son says she is barely recognizable and the criminal who did this was drunk and in jail.

Please join me in praying for Ashley's recovery.

Laura

• Root Admin

This is a terrible thing to happen. We most certainly will keep her in our thoughts and prayers.

MaryEllen

Guest Jack Solomon
We have had many of our members here the victims of violence against transgender people. Today it happened to a staff member here ashley4262 a moderator here who has saved many lives preventing suicide in the chat rooms. Ashley was also working with us on our new transgender Foundation and our NoJudgement project. She was rear ended in an accident and the other motorist beat her so severley that she is now in ICU fighting for her life. This was in the Chicago area. Ashley started her Transistion 2 weeks ago. Her son says she is barely recognizable and the criminal who did this was drunk and in jail.

Laura

Do you mean to say she was rear-ended and then beaten afterwards? Was she beaten because of the accident or because she was trans? How terrible. I hope she makes a safe recovery.

Solomon

Guest Chrissie

Laura

For Ashley4262:

I dont know what to say to make a difference... I can't respond more than shock and horror will allow. I hope for her quick recovery and return to us. But don't know what I can do to help.

I will stay at arm's length not because Im insensitive and do not care... its because I don't know what else to do... Stupidity, bigotry and ignorance happens and I accept that it exists. When there are so many questions and no way to know the answers... I hope for her quick recovery and return to us... and maybe we can be rewarded...

My Night poem ...

I don’t know why I favor the night----maybe because she is there when I need a confidant----she always seems to listen to my raves----- quiet, mysterious yet always there----her four faceted mask, shows her moods ---- a dark mysterious facet, a bright welcoming facet, and two facets in between- each with a mystique of their own---- M'lady the night is rarely judgmental she holds all beneath her as tight as she can never pushing away as her brother the day---- Why do I favor the night who knows

I hope this brings some comfort to everyone who needs it... besides me.

Guest SharleahLynn

As I am informed , I will make things known to all. Ashleys son emailed me and told me of this horror. I in turn informed Laura , and now you all know. And Chrissie , , I thank you on behalf of Ashley for your poem .

SharleahLynn

Guest RoxieMN

My heart goes to out Ashley4262 and her family. This was barbaric attack on some I know as a sweet kind-hearted and loving soul. I worked many hours with ashley4262 and I have spoken to my friend, God, about her. I miss her red icon in the chat room and the awesome creation of infinite worth which her icon represented. The very thought that people can be so barbaric to a sweet loving soul makes me ill. I have so many emotions flowing, shock, sadness, and anger. I love you Ashely!

RoxieMN

Guest Ryan

Wow. This is horrible. Though I've never gotten to know Ashley, this makes me really sad. I'll definitely be praying for her, as well as for the guy who beat her.

Guest karen_h

Whether this was a case of road rage or the results of a hate crime make no difference, just the fact that some animal could do this for whatever reason is beyond comprehension. my prayers are with ashley and family, and as to the perpetrator of this vile act,what ever he gets here on earth, I am sure the almighty has a more fitting punishment.

Karen_H :angry:

Guest jessi72

Wow, this is a true shock...Why do people do these types of things. My thoughts and prayers are for you Ashley and your family, and I do hope you can return here and to your life very soon. To happen to such a nice and sweet loving person is beyond comprehension. I miss you Ashley and Get well soon..

Love,

Jessi

Guest CharliTo

Oh...no...

I really do hope she recovers too...this really angers me and really...really...does...make me feel so...powerless...

There isn't much I can do, but hope that she recovers from this...she doesn't deserve this in any shape or form

I hope the worst will happen to the perpetrator.

Guest Steph2115

OMG that is so terriable. People can be so horriable. My thoughts and prayers are with her. she is such a sweetheart. I wish I could visit. She should not be alone :( Ashely you have my love and support and my prayers.

Steph

Guest Alyea

My prayers to you Ashley and your family through this unfortunate event. I can only weep and pray for your speedy recovery. I do not know, nor care, if it was a hate crime or out of maliciousness from alcohol, either way it is a foul act. I don't wish bad on the person who did this as karma and God will catch up to him. The person who matters more to me right now is Ashley and her family. I miss you!

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick
forgive them Lord for they know not what they do...

praying for Ashley and her family...

in love and service,

Ray

My love and prayers go out as well....bless you...

Nick~

im utterly disgusted and devastated....

i cant think what to type other than that...

my thoughts are with her and her family at this time

shes a lovely person :)

Guest RoxieMN

It is heartbreaking for me when I see transgender people who can not live their dreams due to personal circumstances for I believe we should all live our dreams. In this case Ashley's dream has has been derailed, not by personal circumstance, and not by natural disaster; but by unnatural disaster. It should never happen to anyone.

Transition is a difficult enough journey for one to make without someone completely violating the transperson's human rights. The cause of this is unnatural disaster is a mind-set that horrific violence is acceptable. Ashley's basic human rights have been violated. Her life will be changed forever by this cruel barbaric act of violence perpertrated against her. If it is determined to be road-rage or trans-rage it makes not difference becasue the damage to Ashley's life is the same.

It is this type horror that causes some of us to boldly lobby for transgender rights or to write a book the depicts transpeople as human beings instead of freaks. It causes us to voice our opposition to rage-based violence because it is unfit for civilized society, ungodly and disgusting. This event shows why work for transgender rights and work to end a culture of violence in the nation are both good causes which deserve our support.

There is not reason that human should ever have to face such barbarianism.

Guest SharleahLynn

Subject: update on Ashley

Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 06:28:11 -0500

mom woke up this morning for a abit, she is in alot of pain so drugs have her kinda out of it. That alone is going to upset her lol because she never will even use drugs prescribed, by a doctor except what she takes for hormones. sorry, its been a long night. anyhow she seems now she will be fine physically,,we'll have to wait and see about mentally, but she is strong in that area, will let you know more later, when she wakes again for more than 10 or 15 minutes