• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgender Staff Member Here Beaten. In Icu

Guest Seth

That's terrible. I can't say my prayers are with her, cuz I don't really believe in all that religious stuff, but I'm hoping she pulls through ok.

OK Ashley is Physically better but is in severe pain and now resting at home. I will be sending flowers from this site on behalf of all our users and staff. I can't post her home address here for safety reasons but can give you her email address where you can send your get well wishes.

It is Ashley Roehrig: ashley4262 AT hotmail.com replace the AT with @ and leave no spaces. Let's show Ashley how we feel about her.

:)

Laura

New information coming out. Ashley was in female mode at the time of the accident. There is no longer any question that this indeed was a "Hate Crime". To those who think these incidents are isolated i can assure you they are not. For every hate crime repoted there are hundreds that are not. So far I've received email on over 2000 of these incidents And that's just here. This is a problem that seems to be getting worse not better. Violence occurs not just to MTF's but FTM's as well.

Laura

Guest Ninamina

My hopes go out to Ashley and her family. Get well soon. I haven't gotten to know her yet seeing as i'm new here. really hope she gets well. the man who did this to her should be sued and have to pay for medical expensives. then go to jail. even if it is not found to be a hate crime by the courts, Can still sue over assult and battery.

Their was no reason for him to do. Especiallu if he was at fault for the car accident.what a jerk. :angry:

Good luck Ashley. Hope to see u in the chat rooms soon so we can be friends. :D

Guest jessi72

Laura,

Thank you so much for the e-mail address. I'm so glad to hear she is now home and I do wish for her speedy recovery. I love you Ashley and get better soon, I can't wait to see you in the chatrooms again, I miss you.

love and best wishes,

Jessi

Guest ashley4262

I wish to thank you all for yor your prayers and kind words. This is a tradgedy I hope never happens to any of you, But I will survive and move on with transition as planned. He has not won and I have only begun the fight, again thank you and may God bless us all and help us to change this sick uneven world we live in.

Ashley Roehrig

Guest sphere

That's terrible. People can be so disgusting sometimes.

Cheers to you, Ashley, for being so strong in such a difficult incident. I hope you do feel better.

Guest dolly

wow ashley, thats terrible to hear. glad youre feeling better now and that youre continuing your transition. i hope mister drunken motorist gets or got what he has coming to him.

Guest cecilia

That was really horrible indeed, I hope that you (Ashley) will be able to recover completely soon.

It at times demoralizing when the people who end up suffering are those who really do not deserve it, people who should suffer this fate are those who are like this person who did this to you. I guess that is not right to say, but that is how I feel.

Good luck to you Ashley, I hope justice will be given to you.

Guest GoldenKirbichu

Ashley, you are one powerful woman. You are still strong after such a disgusting affront. I can only wish the best for you, and hope that the perpetrator of this foul deed never repeats it again.

Guest Storm Angel

My heart goes out to you Dear Ashley.

I wish many blessings, love and light in your life.

I hope the person that did these terrible things to you get what they deserve.

You have a heart of gold, a beautiful woman :)

Much love

Jacci

xo

Guest Eveanna

Dear Ashley

My the lord of the universe give you healing power unlimited.

I have a feeling this may have been road rage.

I worry about my family members whenever they drive alone in the city.

"Jesus wept"

Eveanna

Guest Wendy

I don't understand. Why would people want to beat somebody up for wanting to be happy? That's the main thing that scares me about April. I'm afraid that oneday I'm going to get a phone call telling me that she's in the hospital because some ignorant yahoo who doesn't understan and doesn't want to understand decides that they want to make her a punching bag. I know that this is what she wants, and I am giving her my full support. I just don't understand all the hate.

Guest Keiichi-kun

I am glad to hear you are doing better Ashley. :) You are a strong woman and that man will surely get punished severely for this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest citymermaid

I am sad to hear about the accident and then the hate crime that took place, but I am very glad to hear Ashley emerged from it alive and stronger than ever. It is something everyone feels: that we are even less safe than the average individual in a truly unsafe world. Most trans I am sure are afraid to go out as who they are, but it is also people like Ashley who keep us staying strong. Stay strong, Ashley....and bless you for being a hero to us all.

- Melanie

Guest ZannyZoey
:o I hope Ashley gets better and makes a full recovery! i hope that the <expressive word here> who did this to her gets locked away for a long time!