• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breast Implants

Guest theblueone

Guest theblueone

A quick question here - How long on average do people tend to allow hormonal breast development before going down the implant route?

Guest CharliTo

Good question.

What I heard was 2 years after a consistent HRT.

You definitely wanna wait until your own body's potential can be reached...I believe if you don't wait, it might get shaped weird...

I'm definitely going to wait for mine's too :P Although, it's like 4 1/2 months in and it's not growing as much as the first few months :'(

Sooo, the best plan to do is to cross your fingers for two years...like me. lol.

Guest Snow Angel

I've read that most surgeons want you to be on hormones for at least 1 year before they'll do any trans related surgeries, BAS included. 2 years is probably even better.

Guest Mr. Fox

By the Standards of Care, eight months of hormones are required before getting breast implants, but I would suggest waiting longer.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

fact is you can get breast augmentation or most any facial surgery you want before you ever even start hrt i personally know 6 trans girls that arnt even on hrt and have had ba and ffs as explained to me by my therapist BA and FFS are considered elective surgeries most surgons like to see a few years development on hrt be for they go cutting on you because surgons cant garuntee how your final result will turn out if your sill growing and try to get you to wait but if you are really adament about wanting them legally they cant stop you but ethicaly they can denie you surgery if they think you should wait

Sakura

Guest silverpetals

sakura's right, as always ^.^ there isn't any necessary time minimum (is there an antonym of 'limit' in this context?), but the time that people wait is almost always down to personal choice, and it's different for everyone. it all depends on what you personally want, as time progresses, and i suppose also development-ness as well. some people have bas as almost a first step to transition, before going full-time or hormone treatment (i don't quite understand that one), others have it early into transition, others after a few years, others never have it. i personally wouldn't have bas, no matter what my size was after hrt. but that's just personal choice, it can be done if or when you feel you should (and can afford it obviously).

and then, taking it much too far (or maybe not, what do you believe?) there was that man from the netherlands who had bas to win a $10,000 bet or something around that sum.

i think he kept them in the end :S

Guest Rachel-Lucy

I am considering having breast augmentation after 2 years on HRT I would like them to be natural but I suppose if having surgery makes you happier why not have it :lol:

Guest Andrea-M

I'm also considering BAS, but not until 2yrs of HRT , would like my own potential to be realised. I suppose i am looking for preportion to my chest if i don't get it naturally BAS will be the option.

genral rule of thumb if by two years you havnt gotten out of an a cup then your probly going to need BA i have been on them for almost 10 years and i flux between b and a b 1/2 by 16 i had hit this maximum size it just seems to not be in the male genome to produce larg breasts and i have seen this to be true with even most girls that started hrt young like i did the only diffrence i see between the younger and the older transfemale breast is the younger you start the more natural your breast look but all across the board the size is usally nothing at all to a b cup "usally"

Sakura