• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breast Implants

Guest theblueone

Guest theblueone

A quick question here - How long on average do people tend to allow hormonal breast development before going down the implant route?

Guest CharliTo

Good question.

What I heard was 2 years after a consistent HRT.

You definitely wanna wait until your own body's potential can be reached...I believe if you don't wait, it might get shaped weird...

I'm definitely going to wait for mine's too :P Although, it's like 4 1/2 months in and it's not growing as much as the first few months :'(

Sooo, the best plan to do is to cross your fingers for two years...like me. lol.

Guest Snow Angel

I've read that most surgeons want you to be on hormones for at least 1 year before they'll do any trans related surgeries, BAS included. 2 years is probably even better.

Guest Mr. Fox

By the Standards of Care, eight months of hormones are required before getting breast implants, but I would suggest waiting longer.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

fact is you can get breast augmentation or most any facial surgery you want before you ever even start hrt i personally know 6 trans girls that arnt even on hrt and have had ba and ffs as explained to me by my therapist BA and FFS are considered elective surgeries most surgons like to see a few years development on hrt be for they go cutting on you because surgons cant garuntee how your final result will turn out if your sill growing and try to get you to wait but if you are really adament about wanting them legally they cant stop you but ethicaly they can denie you surgery if they think you should wait

Sakura

Guest silverpetals

sakura's right, as always ^.^ there isn't any necessary time minimum (is there an antonym of 'limit' in this context?), but the time that people wait is almost always down to personal choice, and it's different for everyone. it all depends on what you personally want, as time progresses, and i suppose also development-ness as well. some people have bas as almost a first step to transition, before going full-time or hormone treatment (i don't quite understand that one), others have it early into transition, others after a few years, others never have it. i personally wouldn't have bas, no matter what my size was after hrt. but that's just personal choice, it can be done if or when you feel you should (and can afford it obviously).

and then, taking it much too far (or maybe not, what do you believe?) there was that man from the netherlands who had bas to win a $10,000 bet or something around that sum.

i think he kept them in the end :S

Guest Rachel-Lucy

I am considering having breast augmentation after 2 years on HRT I would like them to be natural but I suppose if having surgery makes you happier why not have it :lol:

Guest Andrea-M

I'm also considering BAS, but not until 2yrs of HRT , would like my own potential to be realised. I suppose i am looking for preportion to my chest if i don't get it naturally BAS will be the option.

genral rule of thumb if by two years you havnt gotten out of an a cup then your probly going to need BA i have been on them for almost 10 years and i flux between b and a b 1/2 by 16 i had hit this maximum size it just seems to not be in the male genome to produce larg breasts and i have seen this to be true with even most girls that started hrt young like i did the only diffrence i see between the younger and the older transfemale breast is the younger you start the more natural your breast look but all across the board the size is usally nothing at all to a b cup "usally"

Sakura

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • kristinabee
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

ka.mayu
    Newest Member
    ka.mayu

1. Ay-la
      Ay-la
      (51 years old)
    2. Camille
      Camille
      (48 years old)
    3. Dressupdoll
      Dressupdoll
      (57 years old)
    4. iliya
      iliya
      (37 years old)
    5. KaylaH
      KaylaH
      (48 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      For that part, be glad you live in MS and not in CA or some other "paradise."    Unfortunately, right now in the USA it is about choices.  Choose to live in a mostly free state that doesn't want my gender to exist, or choose to live in a leftist place that accepts my gender but not my family or my faith, or how I want to live my life or the stuff I own.   As for the lawsuits... hiring a lawyer costs money.  And a "no fees unless you win" attorney probably won't take a case like this, as it is difficult to get money from folks who often don't have anything.  As they say, "it is hard to get blood from a turnip." 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      There's a couple of things.  First, since so many LGBTQ+ folks often vote Democrat, it is simply assumed that "LGBTQ = Democrat."  And to many, Democrat = enemy.  The fact that some of us don't vote for Democrats comes as a surprise to many.  You wouldn't believe how many different times I have had to explain how I vote, that I don't like Biden, etc...   And then, there's the flamboyant, over-the-top appearance and behavior of some.  When average folks see strange dress, wild colors, and the occasional provocative behavior in the news, they assume that it is the norm and that all LGBTQ+ folks are like that.  To them, "LGBTQ = weird."    I think that @Abigail Genevieve is right, part of it is lousy marketing.  And that will take a ton of undoing, because it has been going on for years.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Personally, I despise the antics of the "swing" states. Double-minded and unstable, shifting every time the wind blows.  OK, so the Lt Governor of Georgia doesn't like Trump.  Small potatoes.... given the 2020 results, nobody counts on Georgia anyways.
    • VickySGV
      Xenophobia -- fear of the foreign nature of something.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Its midnight here...so, technically morning   I had a really weird evening, and learned something new about politics.  My sister, who is running for public office as our township constable, received a "present" today, left on the hood of her patrol car.  An axe!  Wrapped in a bundle of sticks (dowels?).  The sheriff received one also, and a couple other candidates.  Now, my first thought was it was meant as a threat, and I was freaked out when she told me.  But she wisely identified it as political criticism:   During the 2020 election, a small dissident minority objected to our sheriff, and labeled him "Mussolini."  Apparently the symbol of the F@scist Party came from ancient Rome.  An axe, circled with rods, and the whole bundle was called "fasces" and represented the authority of the state.  Roman officials would have them symbolically carried ahead of them through the city on parade.  Other nations used it too, including the USA.  But since the 1920s, it is mostly associated with a certain political party.  Either I was never taught this in high school, or I didn't notice it.    So, it appears that this election season will have some interesting aspects.  And I have been asked to put gold spray paint on an axe, to make it like a trophy. 
    • KayC
      Welcome @Vivelacors!  For myself and many others here it is a similar theme.  But, I can assure it's never too late.  I hope that you will discover that as you explore and connect with more of us on the Forum.    You've already taken the most important first step ... Self-Affirmation.  I am wishing you the best in continuing this process. Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • phys
      I can remember as a teenager being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and living in the bible belt. It was always a little hard-I think religion is just tricky anyway.    I was referred to a couple of ladies at church by my mum who gave me very good advice.  One has known those who are are trans- and how they approched it.    The other has two people in their life who identify differently. They also gave other ideas to assist me.     I do like ideas though. 
    • KayC
      If I am leaving the house I will almost always do makeup.  Not over-the-top but enough to feminize my face (eye shadow, mascara), lipstick, and a light cover of a concealer and foundation. I found my favorite lipsticks are Maybelline.  But the concealer/foundation I 'discovered' in Neutrogena Hydro Boost - Hyaluronic Acid based.  For 'older' gals like me I find it moisturizes and doesn't dry into those annoying fine lines (I have enough of those already).    Hopefully, after facial hair removal I might not feel the need as much.
    • kristinabee
      I think it just comes down to a lot of people not knowing anything about the lgbtq+ community besides what reactionaries online and on TV say. In my experience, people who have a lot more day-to-day contact with gay and trans people, have lgbtq+ friends or family, coworkers, etc. are a lot more accepting because they know an lgbtq+ person, and know that we aren't anything like what the people on TV say we are. 
    • Davie
      "A prominent Republican in a swing state just announced he’s backing Biden! This unexpected endorsement and brutal rebuke of Donald is a sign his support is waning." —MARY L. TRUMP
    • April Marie
      Welcome! We are so glad you found us! Actually, you’ll find quite a few of us here who embraced their reality quote late in life. None of us know how much time we have, but we can enjoy the time that we do. Celebrate!    Join in in where you feel comfortable.
    • VickySGV
      Actually the bill seems to be so thoroughly confusing that I doubt that enforcement is even possible.  It could however incite vigilante style actions.  A false accusation against a "looks challenged" Cis woman is very likely to happen early on.  So what will happen in the case of those situations?  I have a script in mind over the sad average looking daughter of one of the legislators getting tangled into one of those situations.  I don't know whether it would be a comedy or a tragedy at the minute.
    • Ashley0616
      Time to bring a self defense weapon. Looking forward to having a gun on my side. 
    • Ashley0616
      https://open.substack.com/pub/erininthemorn/p/mississippi-passes-bill-allowing?r=35q61e&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
    • Ashley0616
      I don't know yet. I'm sure there is going to be a big crowd. I also would have to keep up with the kids and probably won't enjoy myself mostly. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.