• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Alright, So What Exactly Is A Hetero Androgyne?

Guest Chrysee

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KieranD

• Carolyn Marie

When i said eqrlier in this thread tht i would describe myself as straight both ways, that was the moment itdidnt feel right. Having read the posts since i've got to thinking.

To put it in an easy to digest phrase i'd say leaning towards 'bi'.

But to put it more specifically, since i describe myself as androgynous/ gender fluid, maybe those terms can describe my sexuality also. Androgynous makes sense on its own but the other needs some tweeking. I dunno if there is a word for it, maybe ambiguious? I want to kinda incorporate the motion of just accepting anything i see beauty in (whoever its on) with the feeling that it can shift from more feminine traits being attractive to more masculine traits. Fluid bidrogynous? Have a go, itcould be fun for all the wordsmiths out there :)

Actually, on second thought, why on earth can we not say that our orientation is androgynous too?? We are androgynous we are niether one nor both, so we like both and niether! We can call our sexual orientation androgynous as a label for ourselves and just let ourselves fully be androgynous, come what may :)

P.s. I'm glad folk laughed. When i wrote it i hoped i articulated it well enough for it to be coherant lol :)

hmm I could be considered "bi" since i would /date/ a female, in fact I rather enjoy going on romantic dates with females, I'm not just interested in further exploration of them anymore. Though I also get the label of pansexual often enough from people who know me well enough... silly sexualities and genders.

I /do/ end up more attracted to effeminate males or androgynous folk so, saying my sexuality is also androgynous could work quite well... then again, I hate having to remember all these labels.. omgoodness so many names and labels... I'ma just call everything -takes ten minutes to think of something- san. There we go... san is my word for everything now. We are all san. XD

hmm I could be considered "bi" since i would /date/ a female, in fact I rather enjoy going on romantic dates with females, I'm not just interested in further exploration of them anymore. Though I also get the label of pansexual often enough from people who know me well enough... silly sexualities and genders.

I /do/ end up more attracted to effeminate males or androgynous folk so, saying my sexuality is also androgynous could work quite well... then again, I hate having to remember all these labels.. omgoodness so many names and labels... I'ma just call everything -takes ten minutes to think of something- san. There we go... san is my word for everything now. We are all san. XD

:lol: Yeah, I can totally see a conversation where someone asks "so, gay? Trans? Wha?" And you're all "hold up, I need to check the forums and see what I said I was. . . I forgot."

San works too. ^_^

Or we could jus' tell everyone we're aliens.

haha totally, "sorry i forgot..."

"How do you forge..."

"dont ask. anyhoo, san, san is what i am!"

"okay" :)

>several minutes later<

"whats san mean?"

"jees... i'm an intercourse*ng alien! okay??"

I think that ovarie comment might be classed a bit offside in other areas if the world, sorry if it was offensive or a conversation killer or anything

I don't know about everyone else, but I identify myself as an Androgynous Male. I'm more Androgynous emotionally and mentally than physically at the moment. I am attracted to females, so that makes me heterosexual. I've never really thought too in depth about it.

Basically my attraction comes down to if they have a vagina, then they're fair game. I find various girls attractive at times, but the one thing that they most have in common are:

Slender

Small Breasts

Somewhat of a Tomboy

I've been attracted to ******* girls with short hair and wears guys clothes, but otherwise fit the above 3 statements.

I've been attracted to girls with long hair and wears typical T'shirt and jeans.

I'm not really attracted to girls who try to dress up in makeup and dresses or try to be a supermodel.

I'm not attracted to girls who are real manly looking - body builders or have that butch face, (sorry to be shallow and blunt.)

I guess you can say, I'm attracted to somewhat Androgynous Females.

Edited by Carolyn Marie
pejorative term for butch removed.

CMM, I must say that post bothers me. People that have vaginas aren't always girls, and girls aren't always people that have vaginas. That's just one body part of a person. Kind of a cissexist/transphobic statement.

There's also people who identify as male that fit the physical description you've said...and people that identify as neither male nor female, man nor woman.

I don't know what causes this, but I always identify a person by what I perceive to be between their legs. I can't really help that, it's not that I'm trying to be shallow or offensive. I even identify myself as an Androgynous Male, rather than just Androgynous.

When I was in high school, there was this person who was anatomically female. She cut her hair like a guy, had small breasts and wore baggy clothes. She purposely tried to present herself as a guy. But I knew that she was a girl, and therefore was attracted to her. There were anatomical guys who tried to make themselves look like girls... some of them actually pulled it off quite well, but I knew they were guys, so I wasn't attracted to them.

I don't know what causes this, but I always identify a person by what I perceive to be between their legs. I can't really help that, it's not that I'm trying to be shallow or offensive. I even identify myself as an Androgynous Male, rather than just Androgynous.

When I was in high school, there was this person who was anatomically female. She cut her hair like a guy, had small breasts and wore baggy clothes. She purposely tried to present herself as a guy. But I knew that she was a girl, and therefore was attracted to her. There were anatomical guys who tried to make themselves look like girls... some of them actually pulled it off quite well, but I knew they were guys, so I wasn't attracted to them.

Yea, that's really cissexist and makes me really uncomfortable with being on this board.

I have to somewhat agree with Kieran... Though I try hard to not condemn someone for their personal opinions and feelings. It's of a harsh thing to express to a board of this manner where what is between ones legs is the last part they wish to be taken into context, and in fact the statement brings about a large portion of my insecurities of not having a partner, because I don't wish to be seen by whats between my legs or what shape my chest is.

Although how you feel is valid for yourself, it perhaps not the most appropriate thing to say given the environment.

• Admin

I agree that sensitivity is an important part of what makes this site special. All of the transfolk, and a good portion of everyone else, have fought all our lives against

being defined by what is between our legs. We are all entitled to whatever opinions we hold, but it is imperative that we remember that this is an inclusive site, and respect for each others differences is paramount. CMM and others, please keep that in mind, and realize who your fellow members are and what may offend them.

We resist censorship at all costs, but we do have rules that everyone has agreed to abide by. The Terms and Conditions will be enforced.

Thank you

Carolyn Marie

Guest JaniceW

If one is truly attracted to a vagina only then there are some effective devices on the market that can satisfy your hearts desire without needing to deal with the wholeness of a human being and all the messiness that comes with a fully integrated person. If one is evaluating a entire person based on some small piece of anatomy I really feel sorry that they are missing so much of the true richness and mystery that is the human experience.

Touchy issue, had to think about what I wanted to say a bit.

My own personal rule of ettiquette (I miss my google toolbar with spellcheck! :'( ) is that a person's genitals are no business of anyone else, and of absolutely no importance when considering a person's character. As well, a person's genitals do not define them or their identity, gender or otherwise. Genetalia only defines how you make love and use a restroom, and that's all quite private aspects of any individual.

I get what you're saying CMM, and I feel you were just being detailed. Everyone has their preferances, and even a heterosexual ciswoman won't be into every male she sees, her preferances will be even more. . . can't think of a better way to put it, limiting. Some people will have more defined preferances, some people won't. There's no right or wrong in it, because it is all personal preferance.

However genitalia does not define the individual, and is not what defines gender identity. It is a sensetive issue in the trans community, and with good reason.

-Nods with Micha- I probably should have spent a few more minutes thinking over what I wrote, but I was having a hasty moment. I myself am rather androsexually inclined, but I feel a large part of that is due to previous experiences with females and it feeling lacking in some manners, of course I haven't had the pleasure of "female" company with the proper... um.... equipment to make up for what nature has not given so I am still keeping an open mind.

Though I am a bit curious now CMM on your view of post-op females though I'm rather sure delving deeper into the topic wouldn't be appropriate for this particular thread or possibly any form of public discussion. Since it is such a highly personal opinion topic.

Guest alicewonders

One thing i feel that you need to remember also cmm is the fact that many people do not feel that they were born with the right 'equipment' and find your statment a bit tackless.. Taking my situation for example though my girlfriend was born male she sees herself as female inside and this i also see her. It makes no difference what gender a person is born it doesnt mean they want to see themselves as such or want someone else to see them that way either. I dont see myself as female any more then i see myself as male but as both at the same time. You must remember that here the is no coining a person one or the other because of what sex we were born. That is why we are all here to be for once free of that...

i tihnk what was meant was to say Cmm, is that you are only attracted to genetic females, and that the thought of someone being XY is a turn off. it can be difficult on this website to say things in a way that wont offend people, just please in the future, give serious thoughts to the wording you use.

Curiosity, what a word :D

apparently, curiosity is not very nice, goes around killing cats n that :/