• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Mmorpgs

Guest Zabrak

Anyone really into any MMORPGs? Also, does anyone dominate any RPGs and their server?

My tribe and my allies dominate our server. I have a lot of users jealous of me even if I'm perfectly nice to them(I'm tribe leader). It's funny how people will weave you into the role of a villain out of jealously with very little ammo too use against you. PK has to be one of my most favorite things to do and it's a built in part of the game yet people get so mad over PK. Don't play the game if you can't handle it's features.

How about your experiences?

Mmorpg's have been a staple of my gaming diet for years; I've had stints on Runescape, Knight Online, Shaiya, EVE Online, Guild Wars, Aion, CABAL, Perfect World, RF Online, Dekaron, Final Fantasy 11, Lineage 2, Ragnorak Online, Ultima Online, Star wars Galaxies and a few more I'm forgetting.

I played Guild wars for years and years before I got banned. The community and complexity of PvP matchups was what made it fun for me. I'm almost tempted to blow the cash on a new account but don't want to spend the time building up a new account when Guild Wars 2 is coming our way sometime this next year.

My mmo career is going well even though i have played only 2 for any reasonable lenght of time. Those being SWG and Vanguard. Played plenty others either free or by free trial and just was not feeling any of them. WoW, Allods, EQ2 and more. Now i am waiting for Rifts:Heroes of Telara.

I am not a PvP player at all. I like the PvE aspect and getting to run around with friends killing mobs in some fantastic looking scenery. At least for me, Rifts is going to be great, i can pick and choose from classes under a certain calling and make a class how i would like to play it. Something along the lines of SWGs system mixed with the talent trees like WoW. Can't wait!

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

PvP = player vs. player

PvE = player vs. environment

added in PvP and PvE just incase there were a few who didn't know those either.

After i got my start in SWG, i can not go back to single player games. I get bored being the only real person in the game. I like having other players around to talk to and just go hang with while killing mobs. Met lots of really great people so far playing MMOs

Guest sarah f

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

PvP = player vs. player

PvE = player vs. environment

added in PvP and PvE just incase there were a few who didn't know those either.

After i got my start in SWG, i can not go back to single player games. I get bored being the only real person in the game. I like having other players around to talk to and just go hang with while killing mobs. Met lots of really great people so far playing MMOs

Thank You for clarifying that. I didn't know what it meant either.

I enjoy one player games to get away from people sometimes. I try to be alone on my MMO but people demand my attention on it all the time. I wake up to at lest 20 PMs every day. My team is always full and I can't bring myself to tell my friends/sorta friends/tribemates/allies not to apply to my team. Nevertheless I do enjoy my MMO and friends. :D

Guest Melanie Dawn

I have played many many mmo in my life, but atm it's wow (again). But I will drop it like a hot potato when GW2 and or SWTOR come out.

Melanie Dawn

• 2 months later...
Guest Jesskit

Ive had mostly good experience across MMO's mostly in wow, also LOTRO, and well playing in the beta's of rift atm which btw come say hey to me pleeeease :) my characters are jesskit* (jesskit often with something on the end like jesskitten or jesskiten or what ever). I find that often in MMO's people really dont care who you are as long as you play well

Guest ametur_poet

Despite being a HUGE fan of Role-Playing games, I cannot seem to get into most MMOs, and I absolutely refuse to play the ones you have to pay for; the single MMO that I do enjoy playing [Trickster Online] is free to download and play. I just don't like the idea of buying a game, and not being able to go back to it whenever I wanted with no repercussions.

Guest Groove_Ghost

Despite being a HUGE fan of Role-Playing games, I cannot seem to get into most MMOs, and I absolutely refuse to play the ones you have to pay for; the single MMO that I do enjoy playing [Trickster Online] is free to download and play. I just don't like the idea of buying a game, and not being able to go back to it whenever I wanted with no repercussions.

YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!!!!!!!! TESTIFY!!!! B) *CLAPS HANDS AND WAVES ARMS* :groupwavereversed:

I don't like MMO's, mostly because I am antic social, I like a good single player game where I can be immersed in the story, I feel I can grow with the char, learn about myself and go at my own pace. Gaming is something I do to excape the real world because I feel my own reality is not enough. I want to enter a different world free from people, a world with magic, knowing thousands of other people are there ruins the illusion for me. :( I feel I am sharing my little world with others.

• 2 weeks later...

FFXI here. I played Runescape when it was free. That's what got me started. When I got bored of FFXI I tried GW. It was fun but I hated how when you zone out of a city you're alone. The game was beautiful and I wanted to share it with someone! I also played Ragnarok Online on private role playing servers. That was a blast too. I recently returned to FFXI after 6 years away... It has changed a lot but I am hooked again and love every moment. I still like my single player games though, for solitude. :)

Guest Selena Soh

I like guild wars, and I can't wait for gw2 to come out, I'm rushing around to get HoM done for items. I usually play as Selena Winters or Slashy Alot ( lol at imagination) , so say hi if you meet me. I don't play WoW because of monthly payments.

Guest meagan

Melanie Dawn, I have been playing rift for almost half a year already, was in Alpha. What a fun game. I always liked being able to build my own class based on the souls i like. The world is beautiful. The rifts, invasions, footholds and constant zone events/raids are really really fun.

Seona- Faeblight- Female high elf Warlock/chloro/elementalist- Guardian- Member of The Platinum Order

So far on live i am lvl 33 and just started into Droughtlands/Moonshade areas. If you or anyone is on Feablight, pass a hello.

Guest Jesskit

Yes, i do love my mmorpgs, its great to be able to be yourself in an amazing world, and i make some pretty good friends in them. Im also playing Rift atm, and playing on what appears to be the unofficial queer server byriel on defiant side, so come say hello my character is jessika or some version of jesskit hehe

Guest Disti

Yes, i do love my mmorpgs, its great to be able to be yourself in an amazing world, and i make some pretty good friends in them. Im also playing Rift atm, and playing on what appears to be the unofficial queer server byriel on defiant side, so come say hello my character is jessika or some version of jesskit hehe

Wait that one is the unofficial server? I am on that Server, Guardian side. Char name is Tropia.

Guest Melanie Dawn

Wait that one is the unofficial server? I am on that Server, Guardian side. Char name is Tropia.

Ya, I think the Prismatic Order which i am a member of started there in beta, and created a solid community and it was sort of "understood" ala Proudmoore on WoW.

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I don't like turn-based RPGs. Come to think of it, I don't even really like RPGs. I find them really boring and having to run around killing bunches of things to level up, to me, is boring and time-consuming.

How I got addicted to WoW, though, is still a mystery to me.

However with the new expansion out, my lag is terrible so while on the road I only log in once in awhile to do a few dailies and chat a bit in guild chat.

Guest Jesskit

Ya, I think the Prismatic Order which i am a member of started there in beta, and created a solid community and it was sort of "understood" ala Proudmoore on WoW.

Yeah the prismatic order really seems to have set up the glbt on the server with rough trade and a few others as well.

Oh and im in Prismatic Order too :) Jessika is my main :) whos yours?

Guest Disti

I just made a defiant character. While my guardian is still my main since she is 43 or close enough... I will be paying my defiant. Although I do like the defiant story better. It really makes the guardians look like a bunch of jerks. Defiant's name is Disti.

Guest Shaun_33

I'm another WoW crackhead here. I got sucked in 5 years ago & been playing ever since, before that wasn't really into computers or video games. A guild full of trans/queer people to play with would be cool. I doubt I'm the first one to think of this, though. Anyone else ever heard of something like that?

Guest Melanie Dawn

Yeah the prismatic order really seems to have set up the glbt on the server with rough trade and a few others as well.

Oh and im in Prismatic Order too :) Jessika is my main :) whos yours?

Amarathia is my warrior and Cassandra is my cleric ... I* haven't been on in a bit, but planning doing so this week.