• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Boxers. How Are They?

Guest Samurai_Kid

Guest Samurai_Kid

I've been wanting to try them for years, ever since I was like seven or so, however obviously I have yet to since I'm making this topic.

I've heard they're more comfy then panties. But how exactly are they? They seem pretty cool looking, a lot of different designs, and more comfy. They aren't waist driven like most feminine underwear.

Guest harvester52

I wear boxer-briefs and boxers, and I love 'em. I haven't worn "panties" since middle-school, but when I did, I was incessantly chafed. Boxers protect the inner thigh, they're looser, they don't have those heinously itchy tight leg holes... a big bonus for us more heavy-set guys. I've never worn female boxers, so I don't know what those are like.

-BC

Guest BrandonIThink

Boxer briefs are great because like someone else said, there's no chafing involved as they cover your thighs. They're just all around really comfortable for wearing during the day and for sleeping. I don't know how male ones fit compared to female ones (I only wear male), but I'm guessing the female would be a better fit, just because there's room (and a flap) in the male ones for stuff we don't have lol.

Guest My_Genesis

Boxer briefs are great because like someone else said, there's no chafing involved as they cover your thighs. They're just all around really comfortable for wearing during the day and for sleeping. I don't know how male ones fit compared to female ones (I only wear male), but I'm guessing the female would be a better fit, just because there's room (and a flap) in the male ones for stuff we don't have lol.

lol. I think if you pack you're pretty much in the same position as any bioguy in terms of how the underwear fit. I prefer briefs and boxer briefs. They are the most comfortable for me. I haven't started packing yet and I don't have any issues with "extra room." I imagine when I start packing it won't make a difference.

But I'd only wear boxers with loose stuff like sweatpants because otherwise as has been said, they can get all bunched up. Also, if I am going to start packing, most of the time I would prefer wearing something that keeps things in place :P

As for female boxers... no idea, never tried 'em.

Guest ShortyT

My boxer briefs are a good fit in the front. I err... kinda have a large pubic mound. No flaps in my undies either. :P I did use some female boxer briefs for a while, but didn't like them that much. (Way better than other female undies still)

Guest lvmyftm

What's the difference between female and male anyway? Size? Or maybe design?

Size and design. Boxers targeted at women have a shorter inseam and in addition to getting bunched up in tighter pants they also give more wedgies in all pants or when worn with nothing over them. Guys boxers are way more comfy. Ditto with the difference between boxer briefs for guys and girls. Girls kind= wedgies, guys kind= comfy

I wore pretty much only boxers for a long time. They're super comfy. The only downside is you really can't pack without using a harness. But boxer briefs are a bit more uncomfortable for me because I have big thighs, so the legs tend to roll up and get bunchy.

Never tried the female kind, so I couldn't make any comparisons for you.

Guest SanePsychotic

I wear both boxers and boxer breifs. I've been wearing boxers for years, but I started wearing boxer breifs last year because like some people have stated, boxers can get bunched up when wearing tighter pants. Both are definitely more comfortable than female underware, though I really can't remember what they feel like. It's been so long. And I didn't even know there were was such a thing as female boxers!

Guest Darth_Taco

I've worn female boxers once...hated them. I felt like a fraud. I've always hated female underwear for as long as I can remember too, so I just stopped wearing underwear in general a while ago. I really want to start again, but my mom is not cool with me wearing men's underwear. She's desperate for me to be her "little princess". It's gonna make coming out to her that much more awkward. Thank God my boyfriend lets me wear his underwear. It's kind of weird, but at least I feel more...manly. He wears mostly boxers, which are ok. Not a good fit for me though, they're too loose and my butt is too big and girly for them. He does wear some boxer briefs, and those are much more comfortable! Tight in all the places I need (OCD thing), and great for packing. I'm gonna find a way for my mom to be ok with me dressing more masculine so I can wear underwear again @_@.

Guest Superrad

I've been wearing boxers for a while now, and it's to the point where I can't really go back. They're loose and comfortable--more freeing than panties? I really can't remember, but I sort of thing the female kind just existed whereas boxers were just awesome from the get-go. I suppose I had a point of comparison. When I wore girl's stuff I thought, "Why do people debate over boxers or briefs? Why not BOXER-BREIFS?" Well, I bought some recently and while some might find 'em more comfortable I found them much more restrictive than briefs. They weren't uncomfortable, but they clung to my thighs so I could kind-of use them while packing. I don't generally get them because I'd rather deal with the possible bunching than feeling restricted and I can't really wear skinny jeans anyhow.

Never tried the girl's boxers, but I did have a pair with a fancy little place it opened in the front like a guys. I just sort of laughed at them for so long that I bought them when I was out with my friends. I just couldn't figure out what that hole was for on girly hybrid underwear.

Guest insanitylives

Wearing right now :P

Comfy much?

I can see these not working for skinny jeans, but as long as the leg isn't bunched (not hard to fix) it's awesome

Girl boxers look so stupid.

Guest Batsu Maru Otoko Yo!

I really need to get my mom to buy me boxers now..

But how, I have no idea.

Tell her they're pajamas. I know a lot of cis girls who wear boxers either as pajamas (even my mother does it!) or as a fashion thing - some kind of grunge style or something like that, I'm not sure.

But yeah, boxer briefs are more practical with STPs (tames the half-construction from the tubing) but they and regular boxers are both super comfy. I recommend them to everyone.

well, y'all i wear boxers i really hate boxer brifs but i have a cupple of pairs for ah ""that time"" cuz i dont wanna mess up my boxers for that stupid stuff the boxer briefs cling to my thighs and i feel constricted as for girl undies oh wow i havent worn then scince i was like ten (mom got me boxers to sleep in and i used them for undies once never looked back) girl boxers thou i seriously dont like either kinda the whole boxer brief thing again only i havent got any of them

I hate boxers. It feels like I am practically wearing nothing at all under my jeans and that annoys me. I prefer boxer briefs, they are comfortable yet not loose.

Guest washougal

My personal opinion is that overall all guys underwear is more comfortable. I seriously think that if women knew how comfy they were they would boycott womens underwear. I like boxer briefs the best, they are the most comfortable to wear with all types of clothes including shorts. I find boxers felt really odd when I was wearing shorts over them when working out because it felt like I had two pairs of shorts on because they were loose. For me boxer briefs work for all types of activities. That said I still keep some girls stuff for when I visit family or family visits me in case someone decides to do my laundry. I have never tried girls boxers but they all looked like they would be uncomfortable, plus they only come in feminine colors and patterns so I never considered getting any. Just my thoughts on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SicVitaEst

Skip the womens! seriously once you try the boxers you will never go back lol i started wearin them years ago before i even realized i was ftm...at first i would wear both boxers and underwear,but i got used to the 'freeness' of the boxers....and as a teenager i had a lot of girl friends who wore boxers for pj's too, which was my excuse for a minute....lol i love how many responses he got for underwear!!!!!

Before I started really transitioning, I tried female boxers. They fit and felt fine...for the first five minutes. After that, there was bunching and wedging and just being more annoying than anything. I'm not the kind of person to go around constantly adjusting myself in public, but with those things I was sorely tempted to, it happened to often.

Then I made the switch to male boxer-briefs. I admit to having a rather ridiculous moment of 'OMG THESE ARE SO COMFORTABLE!' when I tried a pair out. On the rare occasions since then that I've had to wear female underwear, I definitely noticed the differences in my comfort level. I also noticed areas of pinching and tightness with the female ones that I hadn't even noticed before and only became aware of because I'd gotten used to them not being there.

i've tried briefs, boxer briefs and boxers.. and i have to say, straight up boxers are the best.

and while we're on subject, i hate boxer briefs..don't see what the fuss is all about...

boxers all the way.

peace&love

My personal opinion is that overall all guys underwear is more comfortable. I seriously think that if women knew how comfy they were they would boycott womens underwear.

truth