• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

X∞+1

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

The title of this post is engraved on our wedding bands and tattooed over our hearts. Times infinity plus one. It started out kind of as a joke about who love who more ending with "Well I love you times infinity plus one." And then we would have the inevitable escalations in our protestations of our superior love. We're very cute sometimes and very romantic.

I suppose that's why I've always had faith in my wife that she would find her way to seeing us together always no matter what the state of my gender.

So yesterday, she says, "So we're now spouses, right?"

And I replied, "We can be wives together or I can always simply remain your husband."

And then she started talking about her reasoning and how no matter what, she wants to spend the rest of eternity with me. And I cried happiness for the first time in a long time.

She always surprises me even when I think I can predict her. I didn't expect this for at least another six months or so.

Lucky doesn't even begin to describe me. Love is hardly a strong enough word. For her, from me, it is multiplied beyond the infinite and however much she loves me, I'll always love her +1 to it.

xoxo

Virginia

Guest KimberlyF

That is awesome how she still wants forever and is trying to find a way to deal with definitions in her own head. Her own way to process the future.

Kim

I'm in tears because that is so special Gin. That is what love and a relationship is all about. The love is pure and I hope you two can live a lifetime together and beyond. You are very fortunate in life and I'm sure you will treasure every moment. :)

Love Jenny

Guest Emily Ray

The one thing I love about this site and your post in particular is the triumph of a loving person over all the cultural and other messages pervading our society. Congratulations Gin!

Huggs

Emily

• Admin

Virginia, your post made me smile and tear all at the same time.

You are both lucky - to have each other. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie