• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Twilight Zone

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

The CW network will run their annual Twilight Zone marathon tomorrow, Thanksgiving Day.

So I thought this would be a good time to ask the question; what is your favorite TZ episodes?

Here are my top three, and I don't recall all the titles so have to do with a short description:

1. The scary one with Billy Mummy as the kid who can wish people into the cornfield.

2. The one about the woman whose face is wrapped in gauze, and is awaiting the results of the operation

to make her look "normal."

3. "Time Enough At Last" starring Burgiss Meredith as the last survivor in a post-Apocalyptic world.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my Gawd!

..the one with William Shatner where he sees the creature on the wing of the airplane tearing pieces off and no one believes him!

And william Shatner is a guy with his wife that stop at a diner while traveling and put coins in a jukebox thingy that tells fortunes....

I HATE William Shatner!

Donna Jean

• Forum Moderator

Carolyn,

We grew up with Twilight zone on our B/W TV. There are so many good ones, it's hard to pick, this link may help others over at Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Twilight_Zone_episodes

1) "The Last Flight" - A British World War I fighter pilot lands his Nieuport biplane on a 1959 American airbase after flying through a strange cloud.

2) "Will the last Martian please stand up" - A group of bus travelers find that there is an extra person when they stop at a diner.

3) "The Midnight Sun" - A woman (Lois Nettleton) tries to survive as the Earth hurtles toward the Sun.

Hugs -

Cindy

• Forum Moderator

Can't resist mentioning these, again there are so many

"Number 12 Looks Just Like You" - In a futuristic society, a young woman (Collin Wilcox) resists undergoing a medical procedure that makes people young and immune to disease.

"To Serve Man" - A technologically superior alien race arrives on Earth with a promise to serve mankind.

Guest NatashaJade

I used to watch that marathon every year on KTLA...

1) "The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street" - where people on a quiet street are cut off from the world and turn on each other.

2) "Mr. Dingle, The Strong" - Where Burgess Meredith is gifted with super strength

3) "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" - A man is hanged on a bridge

Now these are just my favorite 3, but there were very few I didn't like. Rod Serling was a genius.

xoxo

Gin

I liked all those except the owl creek bridge, can't remember that one, but probably liked it too. But the one with Telly Savalas and the talking doll (Talking Tina) traumatized me to the point where I couldn't stand to be near a large Doll. Barbies were okay, but my Aunt had one that stood in their Hallway. It was about 3 feet tall and scared the hell out of me.

The Bill Mumy one (A Very Good Thing?) was awesome. Did anyone else see the follow up to that one with the new show. Bill was grown and his real life daughter starred with him. And I'm not talking about the Movie remake, I'm talking about the new series.

• 6 months later...
Guest Tanyalynn

I think "To Serve Man" had one of the greatest punchlines of all time, movie or TV show. As for Marathons, I just got done setting my DVR for the July3-4 marathon on Scy- Fy. Lots of great episodes will be on, most of which Ive seen, but somethat I havent. Ive never seen the one with Telly Savalas and the doll, and that's on, so thanks for the tip.

Guest DawnK

...Ive never seen the one with Telly Savalas and the doll, and that's on, so thanks for the tip.

I thought it was call Talking Tina, but SyFy is saying that it's call Living Doll. It's on Sunday night at 6pm Central Time.

I got a catalog a month or so back from a company called Entertainment Earth that is offering a pre-order for a replica of Talky Tina and it even says the things she said on the show. Pricey, but I may break down and buy one. I wonder if I can write it off as a treatment for mental problems? :rolleyes:

Also there were the odd ones like when Andy Devine was a storyteller in a country store then actually saved the world by playing his harmonica.

I believe that Rod Serling was greatly influenced by the storytelling style of O'Henry - always a twist for an ending.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest AlexForever

I didn't see them all, and can't remember the titles...but for what I remember, I really liked:

-that one with the man with glasses who only wanted to read...

-that one where the astronauts that came back to earth started to disappear and no one remembered about the disappeared ones...

-that one where an old man is able too meet himself as a kid but risks to make damage by contacting him(self)

-that one where a man sells his soul to the devil to be "immortal and invulnerable"

• Admin

I got a catalog a month or so back from a company called Entertainment Earth that is offering a pre-order for a replica of Talky Tina and it even says the things she said on the show. Pricey, but I may break down and buy one. I wonder if I can write it off as a treatment for mental problems? :rolleyes:

That's just creepy, Dawn. :blink: Rather than a treatment for mental problems, that doll would cause some. Yikes!

Carolyn Marie

Guest Elizabeth K

Oh my Gawd!

..the one with William Shatner where he sees the creature on the wing of the airplane tearing pieces off and no one believes him!

And william Shatner is a guy with his wife that stop at a diner while traveling and put coins in a jukebox thingy that tells fortunes....

I HATE William Shatner!

Donna Jean

DANG! Dee Jay stole my two answers!

Lizzy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jenny K.

I love twilight zone! :D

Some of my favorite episodes are the one where the old people in the retirement home play kick the can and become younger...the bookworm who survives a nuclear blast and becomes the last person on earth...the pilot episode...and the one where the devil is locked up but the one guy is tricked and lets him loose...

but I do like most of the episodes...really entertaining and thought provoking!