• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"reproductive Scientists Create Mice From 2 Fathers"

Guest Roxanna L

Guest Pellinore

Bio-engineering will hopefully make things better in the future. good to know scientists are still making progress and not slacking because of all these stemcell laws and whatever that prevents us from playing god.

Guest April63

This bothers me a bit. I mean how much modification do we have to do? How much do we need to play with our genetics? I think knowledge and understanding are good, but unnaturally creating life is too much for me.

Guest tori319

This bothers me a bit. I mean how much modification do we have to do? How much do we need to play with our genetics? I think knowledge and understanding are good, but unnaturally creating life is too much for me.

I want to have my own bio child shouldn't I be allowed that opportunity?

Guest April63

I want to have my own bio child shouldn't I be allowed that opportunity?

Yes, but there's a way to do that and a way not to do that. I don't think it's right to create a human by playing with genetic material. We're playing with who we are and what makes us. It's just not right. There's nothing in this world that can construct itself without the natural means to reproduce. We have a way to reproduce, and I think we should use it. Who knows what we could turn into if we start playing with our genetic material.

Guest TracieV3

Yes, but there's a way to do that and a way not to do that. I don't think it's right to create a human by playing with genetic material. We're playing with who we are and what makes us. It's just not right. There's nothing in this world that can construct itself without the natural means to reproduce. We have a way to reproduce, and I think we should use it. Who knows what we could turn into if we start playing with our genetic material.

Keep in mind a lot of intersex people are born sterile. They do not have that option.

Also, tissue engineering research in creating organs is advancing at a surprising pace. It is possible in a decade or two that organs can be grown, including reproductive organs.

Keep in mind a lot of intersex people are born sterile. They do not have that option.

Also, tissue engineering research in creating organs is advancing at a surprising pace. It is possible in a decade or two that organs can be grown, including reproductive organs.

Who knows? Perhaps, in a few decades, GRS would involve replacing the organs, entirely, instead of reconstructing them...

Thanks for the link! I love keeping up with stuff like this. Genetic manipulation fascinates me.

I had biology classes in middle school.

I, too, found genetics to be really intriguing, followed by anatomy...

Guest Cynthia Of Creation

april63 i majored in biology, we are and arent messing. essentially its the dna that will be doing the changing. its genetics through natural reproduction genes and the human genetic code is re written a bit each time, hence why no one has same dna sequence with same active markers. a clone of someone can look entirely different than the original and be the opposite sex

Guest NatashaJade

I believe that there is no place for moral judgments in science simply because there is no universal morality when it comes to this. What you or I may find objectionable and what lines you or I may not think should be crossed are arbitrary and cultural. If a different culture has a different morality in regards to scientific advancement of the human condition, it is their right to have it and do as they will.

xoxo

Natasha

the genetic material will still be the same just in the above process, essentially they will just change the cell structure a bit so that it will properly work with another.

through good old nature as if done the old fashon way ''intercourse'' the two cells will fuse and their dna will break down and combine to maje a new one.

so essentially for the cells they are just changing jobs

the scientists just found a way to change job of the cells,

also scientists are people and everyone one who is here is cuz of reproduction. smoking and drinking alters you baby in most casases.

so we found a new way to make babys thats less fun but safer, ya no sex. bummer but when that child is born c secton or not they are no less.

in tube sure not as nice as belly but if its the difference between having or not ill have to just go without that joy.

Guest NatashaJade

also scientists are people and everyone one who is here is cuz of reproduction. smoking and drinking alters you baby in most casases.

so we found a new way to make babys thats less fun but safer, ya no sex. bummer but when that child is born c secton or not they are no less.

in tube sure not as nice as belly but if its the difference between having or not ill have to just go without that joy.

Both of my kids came out via c-section and I always thought it resulted in much prettier babies :D

As far as being able to have babies is concerned, I have two children, I'm 40 and while it would be nice to have that option, I'm done with diapers, thank you. I have two wonders, I don't need to increase the world's population any further.

xoxo

Natasha

I was thinking...

Assuming, for now, that the 'Genital Replacement Surgery' thing (as in 'completely replacing the genitals') becomes a reality in a decade or two, there may be a snag...

DNA and our own immune systems. What is there to prevent our own immune systems from treating the new organs like any other donor organ?

I'm a little rusty on biology, but if I recall correctly, the white blood cells will simply notice that a single chromosome has been replaced, and consider it an intruder...

If what I'm afraid of is correct, we'd be stuck on AIS suppressants, which are known for being extremely damaging to the liver...

Darn puzzle...

Tiaria

Guest TracieV3

I was thinking...

Assuming, for now, that the 'Genital Replacement Surgery' thing (as in 'completely replacing the genitals') becomes a reality in a decade or two, there may be a snag...

DNA and our own immune systems. What is there to prevent our own immune systems from treating the new organs like any other donor organ?

I'm a little rusty on biology, but if I recall correctly, the white blood cells will simply notice that a single chromosome has been replaced, and consider it an intruder...

If what I'm afraid of is correct, we'd be stuck on AIS suppressants, which are known for being extremely damaging to the liver...

Darn puzzle...

Tiaria

Adult stems cells taken from your own body would not be rejected. Also, tissue engineered organs might work depending on how the immune system handles organs with no chemical immune marker (what ever the technical term is). Keep in mind today's organ transplants are from other people, and have a different chemical immune marker.